TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst Theme Park in the world?

I haven't really been to a horrible park. So I guess I'll have to say the local fair.

Local fun fairs and carnivals always seem to look bad to me with outdated and rickety rides, crappy food, rigged games with bootleg stuffed animals, and the ugliest looking workers with bad teeth!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local fun fairs and carnivals always seem to look bad to me with outdated and rickety rides, crappy food, rigged games with bootleg stuffed animals, and the ugliest looking workers with bad teeth!

Even as a dedicated fan of carnivals, I can't exactly disagree. Practically every carny stereotype I've heard of is something I've seen in person. And yes, this includes haggard people with missing teeth, including, in some cases, four or fewer remaining teeth. Not that I want to judge too harshly; it's not my life...

• 1 month later...
South of the Border in South Carolina. That place is just miserable in every aspect.

I pass it every year when I go to North Carolina. Seems like a world-class tourist trap. What's worse than going to that park? Probably having to see those cheesy billboards every mile for 100+ miles from there. :/

Wild Adventures/Cypress Gardens when they were under the same management. (Adventure Parks Group )

Wild Adventures had no shade, terrible food, weird layout, Bad operations, and a certain feeling of uneasiness (cant put my finger on it, but it felt strange)...

Cypress Gardens felt like a parking lot fair in the middle of a botanical garden. It seemed like Adventure Parks group just wanted to turn it into "Wild Adventures: Winter Haven!" I preferred the place when it was simple, and elegant (to me at least)

Now I have not gotten the opportunity to experience either park since new management, I am eager though to check them both out again though...

In terms of permanent parks, SFDK probably has to be the worst-all around park I've been to. While definitely not the worst park in every area, pretty much everything about the park just seems mediocre.

SFDK has mediocre:

Staff

Food

Operations

Cleanliness

Layout

Theming/Landscaping (The front of the park looks like a carnival)

Coasters (Really needs an intense coaster)

Even though I have to drive an extra 90 minutes to get to CGA, I would rather SFDK close. Apparently, the wrong park is under threat of closure.

South of the Border in South Carolina. That place is just miserable in every aspect.

South of the Border is cheesy awesomeness. It is a great delirious stop after a 10 hour ride. It makes 2 hours interesting too with all of the billboards. Classic Roadside Americana.

I think a park that undergoes a very bad transition (into what, I don't know...) is my home park (nearly ashamed to admit) WALIBI Belgium: they have been removing rides (including coasters), trying to put in absurd rides (Vertigo), spending time and money HALF renovating old rides (what's the point of cleaning the half of the rapids, half of the mine train...) and introducing new characters (for the second time) and they let their only very good coaster (imo) Turbine SBNO (even if they are willing to renovate it, it's been standing there, rusting for 3 years and finally won't reopen till 2013 !) This added to the fact they always operate poorly, not judging necessary to put another train on a woodie when a queue is one hour long... I went with US friends and just for the credit, we had to wait one hour for an SLC... I almost forgot: Cobra (Boomerang) was closed for a huge part of the season, and there seems to be a threart that the Ferris Wheel might be in its old days too... Come on Walibi... BE what you used to be in the eighties: a PIONNEER

In terms of permanent parks, SFDK probably has to be the worst-all around park I've been to. While definitely not the worst park in every area, pretty much everything about the park just seems mediocre.

SFDK has mediocre:

Staff

Food

Operations

Cleanliness

Layout

Theming/Landscaping (The front of the park looks like a carnival)

Coasters (Really needs an intense coaster)

Even though I have to drive an extra 90 minutes to get to CGA, I would rather SFDK close. Apparently, the wrong park is under threat of closure.

You think SFDK is bad?

Try out Castles-n-Coasters in Phoenix and get back to me on that. I don't think I've ever seen a park with such convoluted operations, unmotivated staff etc....

Out of the parks I've been too, 100% Mt. Olympus. Horrible operations, worse coasters, and no free adult flats. At least Cyclops, Hades, and the wavepool don't TOTALLY suck.

This gets my vote too. Some more reasons are none of the ride ops speak english and they are all ass holes, plus the rides are also falling apart.