TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the new ride Blackpool Pleasure Beach are getting?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grand National has had its midcourse signs redone with the new "GT" font as used in the new park logo and literature. Its new brakes and controls have also finally been fitted and it is expected to commence testing next week, hopefully ready for Feb 18th opening.

I *WON'T* be working there this year. I WILL be visiting however, firstly on Feb 18th in a couple of weeks - opening day!

BPPB opens in FEBRUARY?!?!

That's amazing! It gets cold up there in June!

Brrrr...

How is building a world record breaking coaster not the way to go?

Because Six Flags has done this for years, and it's put them way in debt.

Basically, a super coaster brings in money for one year. Overall improvements and lesser expenses for park maintanence, beautification, and one or two minor rides a year for a few years keeps guests coming back.

If you build the biggest coaster in the world someone will eclipse your ride in a matter of months, initially you have a wow factor; but you are then left with a ride that is just a 'big' ride and thats about it. Pepsi Max is great but there are plenty of small but perfectly formed coasters I would prefer to ride.

I would love to ride a 400 foot plus rocket coaster into the sea as much as anyone else but this ride could quite easyly put the plesure beach into the financial doldrums like we see US parks.

I believe this is the same park that tried to sell Pepsi Max as the "biggest" coaster in the world, so honestly it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think when it was first built, Big One was actually the coaster with the tallest hill. It's taller than Magnum or Desperado at 213 feet, and Fujiyama wasn't built until 1996. Steel Phantom and Desperado both had longer drops, but Big One was the tallest above ground.

When Pepsi Max opened it was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world!

and knowone said that building a coaster going onto the ocean was a first!

they wanted the worlds tallest and fastest coaster which was rumourd to be launched out of the park over the road and out to sea!!!

Geoffrey Thompson wanted a world record breaker. Sadly he passed away and now his children Nick and Amanda manage the park.

Amanda does not see how the worlds tallest ride will benefit Blackpool. With high winds and problems with the ride itself it wouldn't be running very often.

She is unfortunately right. A 500ft ride would be a very bad investment for Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

The park itself is being re-developed in a way similar to SFMM. Everything is being cleaned up and being made more attractive. Even small things like the Grand National's signs over the hills have been replaced to make the ride look nicer.

Yeah, I don't actually see blackpool needing a huge 500ft coaster, it'd be quite silly...

I like the fact that they are developing the park more, and it should breathe new life into classic attractions - a la Space Invader 2

(Plus, I don't think blackpool need ANY new rides)

You really don't think BPB needs any new rides?

When was there last rollercoaster built? A. 1994

How many new rides have they had since 1994? A. 3, Spin Doctor, Valhalla & Bling. Thats 3 new rides in 12 years!!

Alright there is loads to do there but it is time for a new ride!!

In saying that they are getting a watercoaster for 2007 (replacing log flume)

I personally would like to see a new coaster where the go-karts are, like a Maurer Söhne spinning coaster (spinball whizzer dragons fury!)

• 4 months later...

Here is a link to show footer-markers beginning to appear at the park! Also, FUNWORLD interviews Managing Director-Amanda Thompson

Credit Link: http://www.theblackpoolpleasurebeachguide.co.uk/

Interview: http://www.funworldmagazine.com/2006/jun/features/strength_pressure/strength_pressure.html

Edit: 500th Post! Wow..lol

If Traumatizer (SLC) goes to Pleasure Beach Blackpool, then where does that leave Pleasureland? (Southport) The beginning of the end maybe, what of the woodie (Cyclone) and wooden mouse (King Solomon's Mines). Perhaps the time is ripe for a new signature ride?

Funny. Southport usually acquires Blackpool's cast-off attractions. But if Traumatizer makes it over to BPB, it'll be roles reversed!

Simon Baynham (UK)

You've got it mixed up a wee bit, if Pleasureland closes(which rumours say it will) then the Traumatizer will go to Blackpool PB (rumour aswell).

Apparantly if PL closes, all the main attractions will go to PBP.

-Martyn "who knows?" Branford