TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the new ride Blackpool Pleasure Beach are getting?

Blackpool Pleasure Beach announced in 2004 that in 2007 they will have a world record breaking ride that will change the theme park industy forever!

But now its been put back to 2008-2010!

I love it when an amusment park announces something like this because loads of people start making up loads of rumours about what it will be!!

Well BPB gave a little hint that they wanted the tallest and fastest coaster in the world and the main rumour, that can be found on a lot of websites is that they will be getting an Intamin rocket coaster thats between 500-600ft tall, it will be launched out of the park, over the road and over the sea, that means it could be launched at nearly 200mph!!!wow!!!!!

But there are many sillyride rumours that have been creeping the web, there obviously not true but there still funy:

Launched Bobsleigh

Suspended looping wild mouse

Spinning Boomerang

Vekoma Rocket coaster (OMG, please no, nooooooooooo)

and my personal favourite, an Inverted Log Flume! (that would be cool, strange but cool!and how that would work, i dont no!

Anyway and have any ideas on what this new ride might be? (silly ideas are always welcome!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so weird about a susbended looping wild mouse? There are looping mice out here in Japan. There are inverted/suspended single-car coasters, too. (Seen a batflyer?) It shouldn't be too hard. Capacity would suck, and who would be the target audience?

Spinning boomerang? Also not impossible. Check out the trains on Spin Turn Coaster at Nasu Highlands. That train would be able to negotiate inversions.

Vekoma Rocket? Um, Booster Bikes.

A launched bobsled coaster could be done. Nearly all, if not all are capable of operating on normal track and do so on the lift, in the station and on the brake run at a minimum. They could be launched, but why bother?

An inverted log flume? OK that doesn't make any sense, but it COULD be done in the same fashion as Mack water coasters, but there would need to be a wheel carriage above the car and it would be very unsafe IMO. The cars would be very top heavy and lie to one side when floating. After a drop, that could be disastrous.

Yes Vekoma do currently have launched coasters, Rock 'N' Rollercoaster, Space Mountain Missoin 2 and the boosdter bikes but there not 'Rocket' coasters!

Im guessing these people were joking around, you dont have to be all serious about it!!

The "Suspended looping wild mouse" idea reminds me of Arrow's old Arrow-Bat-ic plans. I'm not really sure how an inverted log flume would work, but I have made a drawing of my own concept for a vertical log flume. It could probably work the same way, except the track might get in the way of the waterfall.

vertflume.jpg.f27eaa660f4829c1d15a1917f8234061.jpg

How about a 500ft lanuched Suspended woodie....

rather than spending millions on something that goes out to sea I would like to see BPB put in a few new rides like 2 B & M's or something... Surely a coaster out to sea is going to cost $25,000,000 plus plus plus. They could get a smaller rocket coaster/floorless (ie please give the UK a decent floorless pretty please) and an invert for that sort of money surely?

the owners of BPB also own Pleasureland, Southport and its rumoured that The TraumiTIZER will be arriving at BPB in the space where Vikingar used to be!!

To be honest they dont have any room to build a big ride on the park so the rocket coaster that goes out to sea sonuds more realistic! and im not going to complain if they want to build the tallest and fastest coaster in the world!

its possible that alton may be building a floorless in the remains of the castle!

No, no and no. On all counts.

Traumatizer will not be leaving Southport, it's the park's signature ride.

The BPB Accelerator may not be happening for a very long time, if at all. The management are not convinced it is the way to go.

No it's not possible for Alton to build a coaster in the remains of the Towers. Noise restrictions and preservation orders have taken care of that.

According to many sources, Pleasurelands owner, Amanda Tohmpson doest have as much interest in the park as first though and its only going to be open for a couple more seasons! Thats why the TraumaTIZER may be on its way!

How is building a world record breaking coaster not the way to go?

A lot has changed at the PB the last couple of years in terms of plans. And don't forget a lot happened in 2004 to change things forever - two major fires, the loss of Geoffrey and Doris Thompson, plus a third member of staff working in hospitality died later in the year who was highly valued. The company has since been shaken up and things are different, including plans for future attractions.

Something may be coming to the North area of the park in the next few years but it won't be a record breaker, they've gone off that whole idea - they're going instead for better all round experiences rather than the gimmicks other parks go for. What this new mystery thing for the future is I don't however know.

But i have recently heard that the south park area will change for ever iwith a record breaking ride in the next few years! i heard this from BPB235 club!

But that would invole the removal of an existing ride, a ride that takes up the most space in the south park area, i.e. Steeplechase and i dont quite think they will be removing that, will they?hope not!

How is building a world record breaking coaster not the way to go?

Blackpool shouldn't pool all their resources into one project just now as there is so much that could be done all around the park with the kind of money needed to build what is being discussed.

Basically they could be putting all (and around 25 million dollars could be ALL) thier eggs into one basket.

i have nevery ridden on a big rocket coaster and they do excite me but IMO a number of smaller intense rides would create a much better DAY out that one big two hour plus q of a ride. Blackpool will want to keep people in the park spending money, remember although unlimeted ride wristbands are avalable you can pay induvidually for rides.

The arguments for building a world beater are that Blackpool will be thrust into the limelight and hopefully the gravy train will head its way and this shining star of a ride will be a catalyst for further growth.... I'm not sure this will work. This ride will cost so much money it may never return on its investment. Incidentally does anyone here have any clue what the cost would be of building multiple footers out to sea, does someone had any real idea of the cost this ride could be because I don't.

This is all my opinion, its just what I think

I may just be a pesemistic Brit

Whats the "Swine" coaster?

The one thing that baffles me on this is the lack of room BPB have to build new rides, well lets face it they aint guna get rid of any of the 'Historic Landmark ' rides are they!

Ive just this second remembered that not long ago i was reading from a website that i cant remember now!grrrrrr but it was based on whats happening in future of BPB (kind of like the timeline about Chessington getting their hotel, then safari then water park etc etc) Its really buggin me now !!! but i can definetly remember that it mentioned about in a couple of years they will be removing the log flume to be replaced by another water ride!!

Also due to the Sandcastle having loads of extra slides put in this year including a watercoaster they have run into money problems and been put up for auction andBPB have put a wealthy bid in!!

I have just spoke to one of my sources from BPB and they can confirm that the 2006 season will be the last season that the Log Flume will operate! The worlds longest and most boring log flume is being replace by a Water Coaster!!!

As soon as i have any more info ill let you know!!!

A good deal of rides from Blackpool are/may be on their way out sooner than later. Included in that are the Turtle, Whip, Vikingar, Log Flume, and even possibly Noah's Ark.

I hate to see classic rides depart, but Blackpool definitely knows how to build a great new ride, just look at Valhalla!

A good deal of rides from Blackpool are/may be on their way out sooner than later. Included in that are the Turtle, Whip, Vikingar, Log Flume, and even possibly Noah's Ark.

I hate to see classic rides depart, but Blackpool definitely knows how to build a great new ride, just look at Valhalla!

I think Vikingar is already gone.

Noah's Ark is one of the Historical Landmarks. (I doubt it's going anywhere without a serious fight.)

Yes the Turtle chase been removed aswell as Vikingar (Rumoured that the TraumaTIZER from Pleasureland will take the place of Vikingar)

The Whip has closed, they said it will be turned into a bar/restraunt, but the ride still remains intact!

Like i said above the Log Flume is in its last season and will be replaced by a Water Coaster!

The rumours about the rocket coaster that goes out to sea do seem to have stumbled a bit due to the events that happened in 2004, it might still happen, you never know! I t would be cool if it did happen as BPB said they wanted the tallest fastest coaster in the world!!

But now they don't!

"Something big" is said to be coming to the NORTH area, not South.

Traumatizer's going nowhere, Vikingar's plot is said to likely be for more staff facilities.

Vikingar and Turtle Chase have completely gone. Spin Doctor is for sale but will run until sold

The main North midway has new paving and lights. The Grand National has had its midcourse signs redone with the new "GT" font as used in the new park logo and literature. Its new brakes and controls have also finally been fitted and it is expected to commence testing next week, hopefully ready for Feb 18th opening.

PMBO has had several sections of track replaced recently but not reprofiled (good, I love it as it is!).

This is indeed the Flume's last year, and its successor is at present indeed to be a watercoaster. There's also a thrill ride that was supposed to be for this year but has been pushed back due to design modifications to comply with UK regulations.

4D cinema in Black Hole's place, presumably ready for opening day. It will be pay extra as it's a concession like Swamp Buggies and Go Karts.

I *WON'T* be working there this year. I WILL be visiting however, firstly on Feb 18th in a couple of weeks - opening day!

Oh, Flying Machine has ended Ryanair sponsorship and has reverted back to "Pleasure Beach Airlines" with new red-lined livery.

Looking ahead to a time I'm not sure of, the North entrance area may be redeveloped in future to cope with peak season crowds. A new, larger ticket sales building may be built and the area opened out with the relocation or removal of Superbowl Dodgems and Noah's Ark. I personally favour Turtlechase's plot for the Ark if necessary, but it's been said that the plot is already earmarked for something else.. we shall see!

..And that's all from me. zeoooooooooooob

P.S - many of the above changes were planned by Geoffrey Thompson who wanted to change the park's image, bring in a new corporate identity and redevelop the park for the future. His management offspring Amanda and Nick are carrying out his wishes, not ruining the park with their own ideas as many people feel. I for one commend that and welcome change for the better..

Is this new thrill ride a UK first? like Bling!

I really think they should build a new coaster coz its been 12 years since PMBO and since then they've on only had Valhalla. bling and spind doctor!

3 rides in 12 years, thats poor! NO new coasters in 12 years!!But its stll britains most popular attraction!