TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Nemesis really one of the best Rollercoaster creations?

Nemesis is one amazing ride and we have to thank Alton Towers and John Wadley for bringing it to life for the public to ride.

I can only do a couple of rides back to back as it is so intense esp on the back row, you get whiped through the inversions so quickly.

Anyone tried it when it's been snowing to see if it can go faster than it's top speed of 50mph..?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemesis is, without a doubt, one of the best rollercoasters I have been on. The track is so extremely compact and the trains seem to scoop up the water from the 'blood' rivers and scrape along the rocks because its intense closeness to the ground. There is not one dull moment on this ride, it's just one amazing element after the other. Flying in and around the rocks, you become completely disorientated . My favourite part of the ride is when you come out of the first corkscrew and zoom round the insanly tight helix which is wrapped around a support, then find yourself screaming down an incredibly steep drop, skimming the 'blood' river with your feet. Words can only touch on the way that this rollercoaster makes you feel. Everyone has to ride it!

Yeah I must admit that Nemesis is the best inverter out there and most certainally it must be in the top 5 of rollercoasters in the world. I Don't seem why Vekomas get bashed so much. I mean yeah there rough but benefit so many Parks that Can't afford a B+M, And some of there rides are brillient. Take Odyessy at Fantasy Island In Skegness UK?! The massive 170ft SLC. Yeah its rough. But wont give you a headache. And I can tell you now. Its a amazing ride and You will never find a More powerful coaster, When that thing reaches the bottom of the Drop and heads towards the loop is an amazing G-Force and its such a loveable ride! Amoungest all the roumours that ride only cost £8million. Based on that I live just 4 Miles away from it and ride it every summer. So yeah B+M's are top quality rides. And Nemesis is the best Inverted coaster. But ride Odyessy remembering it has a 130ft tall loop and 115ft cobra roll and then give your opinions on Nemesis lol. Might be rough buts its an amazing ride which I think can be compared to Nemesis.

ihave to say that nemesis probably is my favorite ride...eva??? admitedly,im very limited in other rides, but was at alton towers today........... GOD I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, so it was a lil wet at times (oblivion in the rain/sleet .... u GOTTA TRY IT), and itwas a lil chav heavy, and yeah, the quing times were screwy long times for a half empty park (nemesis 10 mins...Air 70 mihns!......... Charlie and the choc factory 2hours!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hell, we rode ALLL the coasters (oblivion->rita->cCORKSCREW [ow!]->spinball->minetrain->NEMESIS!!!!->NEMESIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!->Rita->oblivion->AIR!!!!!) - twas a fab day!

Mine train rocks {it just a lot offun)-tho still i squeel on the first dive down...and almost fell out!

Spinball is just so absurd itmakes me gigle and squeek (tho we ended up quing 40 mins cos sum numpty jumped into track are....had 2 b emergeny stopped)

Oblivion....jyust the greatest short-sharp-shock that u culd possiblywant (from cocky brovado to overwhelming euphoria in 20 secs.....via unadulterated fear,of cours!)

Rita - it makes ur whole body Zhingespeciallygd at back - real bum-seat separTION!

Air....like a full body massage....just without the massage....pure heavaqn (and THE best way to end a day!)

so we cum to the best and worst....

now i understaqnd ppls hate of vekomas.....BOY does it hurt if u let it....BUT, if u are aggressive qwith this ride, ie brace against it and fight it, its fab.....tho lots hard work!

And then theres nemmy - - just ........so........GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the atmosphere is like nowt else....the ride dimanates u when cueing, cos u decend to its lowest levels to get on!

It roars around u, and commands ur attention

the lift hill aint toolong (in the whole park, the only long lift is corkscrew....yawn!)

that first drop(thr was a fapb photo op 4 it as trees were bare....camera battery flat!!!!).......a true simple, pleasant start

the first element....from a lovely glide, to a awsome vista.....tto an insane up-right drive over....NOTHING!!!!!

THAT HELIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the roll over the station....just the counter to the helix.....euphoric and hardcore!

the corner at 90degrees.......disorienting at the best of timesd

The Loop....a divine dive into, scary pull up with, magnificent over the top view/feel, and then a total decent to hel after!

then the swing round to the EVIL CORKSCREW ..... OF DOOOMMMM!!!!!! just cruel (and so very very kind)

and suddenly ur swung at stupid speed right slam back where u started.....Fab

And then theres the differernce between front and back! Tho, carriage 2 is best 4 front(sim view, no wait) ..... it looks like hell!!!!!! And the back just feels it!!!!!!!

My only gripe is htat its TOO SHOERT!!!!!!!!!!but, maybee thats a gd thing ....keeps u wanting more!

rob(deadwait)

xxxxXXXxXxxxxxxx

Alton Towers is always chav heavy, unless you go on a weekday like I did last week, and it was completely empty, the only ride that had a queue was Spinball Whizzer!!! In a way, it got a bit boring, well the Sky Ride was closed so we had to walk everywhere, and we got on the 4 main coasters about 20 times each!!

ihave to say that nemesis probably is my favorite ride...eva??? admitedly,im very limited in other rides, but was at alton towers today........... GOD I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, so it was a lil wet at times (oblivion in the rain/sleet .... u GOTTA TRY IT), and itwas a lil chav heavy, and yeah, the quing times were screwy

This is when we all stopped reading. You need to use normal sentences if you want people to read your post!

Have you read the posting rules for this forum? I thought not.

I should be rideing Nemmy again sometime this year, I cant wait! I think one of the best parts of the ride is the zero G over the station/monster, huge near miss! Nemesis is probably my favorite rollercoaster that i have been on, just beating Grand National. Anyone who has not been on it yet will love it.

ok,i would like to apologise for my previous posts.... i had no idea i was THAT tired! I just re-read them....oh dear oh dear oh dear!

I was just trying to illustrate how much I enjoyed the ride yesterday, and what a good day it was. I Probably should have slept FIRST though!

Sorry

deadwait

xxx

But ride Odyessy remembering it has a 130ft tall loop and 115ft cobra roll and then give your opinions on Nemesis lol. Might be rough buts its an amazing ride which I think can be compared to Nemesis.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Jubilee Odyessy, but you can't compare it to Nemesis, it has no themeing at all, its placed on top of a market place!

Even though (after taking a quick flick through RCDB) the Odyessy has the worlds biggest vertical loop + the biggest cobra roll(please correct me if I'm wrong) and it does have a pretty intense/steep/tall first drop, it jus doesn't have that cutting edge that Nemesis has!

If anyone hasn't heard the Jubilee Odyssey, heres a pic:

jubilee-odyssey14.jpg.ffe13453be0b1feb052c27a3eb986666.jpg

Worlds biggest vertical loop + cobra roll

HELL YEAH!!!!

it is to me one of the only coasters that deserves all the great critisism it gets.

It is a G machine that vertical loop pulls some majour G's s you go into it

I think it is one of the best coasters in the world

but it is No 100 in N.A.P.H.A so it cant be the worst coaster in the world.

The owners of Fantasy Island are absolute idiots. They spend $35+ million dollars on two Vekomas instead of, say, an Intamin Mega coaster and a GG woodie. Fools.

I might add that JO was originally supposed to be 250+ feet tall and go nearly 100 mph, but it was "not feasible", so the park spent $25 million on one of the worst coasters ever (excepting maybe Goudurix).

Also, that loop is certainly not the biggest in the world. Off the top of my head, both S:KC's loop, Dragon Kahn's loop, and Dominator's loop are bigger than 124 ft. (more like 135-140 ft. for each-even though RCDB lists S:KC's as 114 feet, that is a bunch of crap).

Could someone help me find my teeth they dropped out in the cobra roll element

For me the whole point about Nemesis is that it suprises you. It is also so intense, alot of big massive coasters are fun and 'extreme' but you rarely feel the intesity because the elements are to big and linked by big transitions. This is because the trains are carrying massive speed and they need time to turn gradually. Intamin have created some good coasters like Expedition GF etc. But If you look at KK and TTD when the train is up to that sort of speed there is not much more to do than keep it fairly straight and then slow it down.

Nemesis doesn't have to be fast or high it is cleverer than that, it uses its closeness to the ground and lowish speed (60mph?)to its advantage.

I might add that JO was originally supposed to be 250+ feet tall and go nearly 100 mph, but it was "not feasible", so the park spent $25 million on one of the worst coasters ever (excepting maybe Goudurix).

Also, that loop is certainly not the biggest in the world. Off the top of my head, both S:KC's loop, Dragon Kahn's loop, and Dominator's loop are bigger than 124 ft. (more like 135-140 ft. for each-even though RCDB lists S:KC's as 114 feet, that is a bunch of crap).

Well Duane gets all his info from the ride manufactuer, so if they say it's 114ft it is! So JO has the 3rd biggest loop in the world! I heard that it was going to be 290ft but local residents put paid to that!

Well Duane gets all his info from the ride manufactuer, so if they say it's 114ft it is! So JO has the 3rd biggest loop in the world! I heard that it was going to be 290ft but local residents put paid to that!

Yeah, but look at pictures of it, the lift is supposedly 168/170 ft. That loop is not 60 feet shorter than the lift; it is almost the same height as the pre-drop, making it way more than 114 ft.

Also, several other B&M coasters have loops larger than JO (Superman in Madrid, maybe Kraken, maybe Wildfire, maybe Riddler).

Anyway, it's not the height of the loop that matters, as evidenced by the fact that Nemesis owns JO.

The owners of Fantasy Island are absolute idiots. They spend $35+ million dollars on two Vekomas instead of, say, an Intamin Mega coaster and a GG woodie. Fools.

You should also note that the increased price tag was due to the soft ground that Jubilee Odyssey is built on and the fact that they used longer footers as a result. According to some sources, they go down as far underground as they do above it but aside from numerous posts on other forums I've not seen any official statement that confirms their actual depth.

And now, back to Nemesis...

Anyway, it's not the height of the loop that matters, as evidenced by the fact that Nemesis owns JO.

Well said!! JO is a good coaster, but there a millions of good coasters out there, Nemesis is a one off unique coaster!