TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Nemesis really one of the best Rollercoaster creations?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can describe Nemesis in three words.

Short but snappy.

It has to be the best invert i've ridden. (Inferno, Montu and both Dueling Dragons) It may be short and it may not have the most amazing statistics but the ride feels so much faster than those other B&M's due to the consistant accerleration though 3/4's of the ride.

That's just my opinion. I still hope it rocks in June!

It seems to get better every season, and i've been on it every year since 2001 multiple times with the exception of 2003.

It seems to get better every season, and i've been on it every year since 2001 multiple times with the exception of 2003.

It does seem to get alot better with age. It's hardly rough! The only time i've hit my head was through the last wingover. I was trying to talk to the person next to me though.. haha!

I would advise anybody riding for the first time to try the front left seat you come so close to the station on the zero g roll.

Hmmm defo! My best air from the Zero-G is in the front right seat. The station is only a couple of feet from your arms!

I'm very eager to ride Black Mamba this summer. I'm sure it will be an incredibly close call as to which is better. Black Mamba still has to have it's themeing put in and already it looks amazing.

I personally hate it and think it sucks. I'm not sure why but I just loathe it with a passion.

I'm obviously in the minority.

Same, although I don't loathe it, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Its definitly one of the better coaster's I've ridden but I do prefer Oblivion, Air, Colossus and even Dragons Fury. I think for me it was that there was so much hype and anticipation for it, something (that for me), it could never meet.

I rode Nemesis for the first time a week or so after it opened, way back in 1994!. The last time I rode Nemesis was last November & it was just as good as the first time I went on it.

It's still a world top 10 coaster, in my opinion. I personally 'rate' a few coasters more these days, but it still holds a special place for me.

Riding Nemesis in the dark, whilst in pouring rain is a coaster experiance that cannot be beaten

Just out of curiosity... why do you hate it? And which coasters do you like?

I honestly don't know why I hate it so, probably because it's worshipped by everyone else, while I find it disappointing and just... sucky. Maybe hate's a bit of a strong word... extremely dislike with an absolute passion and I hope it implodes soon.

I like most other coasters, except Air. I really love the rides that aren't as liked as things such as Nemesis, because I'm a big fan of One Hit Wonders. Rita, Oblivion and The Big One are my favourites.

i have to say that nemesis is...just...my favoritest coaster ever, and just lookin at other coasters, i wish they were all a lil bit more like nemesis! im just a themeing whore, and hate especially when they just dump a coaster anyole place with sum random name....just seems such a waste (tho expedition everest seems like a waste in the opposite direction!!!!)

addmitedly i am a total pleb as far as rides goes.....only ever bin to alton towers (every year for 5 years!!!!!!!!) and american adventure, here in Blighty! my diff coaster count is only...(counts on fingers......has to recount as missed the number "4"...).......13(???) Holy balony, how unlucky a number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!damn, im dooooooommmmmmmmeeeed!

I doubt much will beat Nemesis for me*, whenever I ride another coaster whatever it gives you. Somehow the Beast still throws everything but Ten times better. This is why I like it too much and look forward to every visited I can get to Alton.

I still rank it number one in my top ten as at the moment not many coasters I ridden haven’t beaten the Mighty G-Force Monster. Sure it will be beaten one day but who knows what coaster will beat it and whenever that will be.

Riding Nemesis in the dark, whilst in pouring rain is a coaster experiance that cannot be beaten

Arrr Pure G Force Heaven

Arrr Pure G Force Heaven

It sure is Toby

I will *never* forget that ride on Nemesis..

I rarely get the 'adrenaline rush' from coasters these days, but that 1 go on Nemesis in the dark whilst in heavy rain gave me that 'rush'.

BTW the last coaster to give me an 'adrenaline rush' was my first ever go on TTD and only because we were all thinking/hoping we were going to get a roll back

Nemesis just didn't do it for me, it's not even in my top 10 as of now (it might be close though).

I really didn't see what all the hype was about (but probably because I hyped it up in my head throughout my 3 week visit to Great Britain). I found it to be much less intense than Mindbender (Edmonton Mall), which is by far the most intense ride I've experienced.

Montu (sans trims)>Alpie>Raptor (sans MCBR)>DD (combined)>Nemesis/Top Gun (PC)>B:TR>SB

Nemesis is still a great coaster and I really look forward to riding it (and EGF) in 2007.

Nemesis is just incredible.

I've been on 200+ coasters, and IMO, it's a Top 5 ride. I find that a lot of B&M inverters get 'samey' or kinda boring; I rode Alpengeist last year, and it just didn't do it for me. It's a good ride, but it's nowhere near as good as Nemmy.

Nemesis really does use the Inverted coaster concept to its advantage, by building the ride in tunnels, so that the rider experiences 'ground scrapes'. It's this landscaping and unique design that really sets Nemesis apart from all the other coasters in the world.

Add an equally unique layout, with an amazing order of forceful elements, including an awesome helix, and some great theming, and you've got a world-beater. Even though it lacks a big drop, the way the speed gradually increases throughout the ride is amazing, and being so close to the ground, the sense of speed is amplified. Nemesis is intense and exhilirating, a true 10/10 ride.

Tip to TPR members coming to ride it on the upcoming trip:

RIDE IN THE FRONT ROW.

Whatever you do, however long the wait, get a go in the front seats. It's more forceful at the back, but for the amazing visuals, make sure you have a go in the front.

I cannot stress this enough!

Nemesis is our best metal coaster, and for the moment wont be beaten.

It's unfair to compare it with wooden coasters like Nash or Megaphobia as they are completely different rides.

The only thing that Nemesis hasn't got going for it is the length of the ride, but what the hey it rocks.

So TPR trip members make sure you do this one or you will miss out......

Nemesis is truly unique, and it was a big step forward for the coaster industry, when it opened in 1994.

What can I say, The ride, location, terraining?, 'the story' and themeing are great and the layout is one of the best I've seen.

Well, even though it's great as I said earlier, I think it's a bit overrated and the themeing isn't really as fantastic as many people claim, but it still doesn't have a rival in it's 'class' atleast until Black Mamba opens.