TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best Rollercoaster in the World???

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that my favorite coaster now is Kumba. Out of all the coasters I have ridden(13) this coaster always satisfies, every ride. It's smooth(not SheiKra smooth, but really smooth) and is always a must ride when I go to BGT. SheiKra comes in a close second though....

It really depends on what you want in a ride.

For steel, if you want air-time and speed, Superman Ride of Steel at SFNE is the top of it's class. If you care more about just height and speed, Millennium Force is great. If you want crushing +g's, Goliath will please with the awesome "helix from hell". If you want pure intensity, Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka will deliver.

For wooden coasters, I would suggest El Toro if you want speed and airtime. If you want just fun airtime, Phoenix at Knoebles Park is a great pick. Probably the best park to visit for wood would be Holiday World. The Raven and the Legend are both fantastic roller coasters and though I haven't yet ridden Voyage, most enthusiasts rank it in their top 3, if not #1.

Other great notables are rides like Boulder Dash, The Beast (in my opinion, it's a must), Alpengeist, Nitro, Appolo's Chariot, etc.

As stated, it kinda depends on what you're looking for in a coaster or park. Personally I love MF because it is so fast and tall and smooth (no airtime, sure, but I go to Magnum for that). Satchboogie3 had excellent examples for the woodies and non-inverting steel. Based on your current favorite, it looks like you enjoy inversions (who doesn't?). Excellent loopers are (mostly inverted rides?) TG: the Jet Coaster, Raptor, Alpengeist, Volcano, Talon, etc...along with the classic SLC and Boomerang . Check out the "hybrid" rides too, like Maverick and Stormrunner, which are sweet because of their inclusions of several diverse elements and coaster "genres". I realize I'm only mentioning coasters in the east/midwest, so there are plenty more elsewhere I failed to mention. For your trip though, I would suggest looking at parks with awesome collections over individual coasters. Thrills are at CP, SFGAdv...Atmosphere is at the Pennsylvania "K" parks, Dollywood, Holiday World...some of both are at Hershey, BGE.

I'm pretty sure it's Korean, but oh well, Japan, Korea almost same thing. Sort of.

I don't think that "T Express," (it would seem this is really what they're calling it), will be as good as an Intamin Hyper like SFNE's Superman. That's just my guess though.

Okay, I don't know if they are the best, but they are very fun rides.

Wooden - The Wild One at Six Flags America (over 90 years old and still providing the thrills).

Steel - Kuma at Busch Gardens Africa - This coaster is so smooth!

Suspended - Big Bad Wolf - Riding at the speed of Fright.

Inverted - The Volcano at Kings Dominion - This coaster is a real Blast!

and finally - a small coaster at Montey's Piers called the Plitzer - it was so good I rode it many times.

And I so also add The Whizzer at Six Flags Great America (there should be a law to make this last coaster of its kind a national shrine) and the Mind Eraser at Six Flags over Georgia (still a fun ride).

Of course, I like all coasters, but these coasters on my list are my personal favorites.

And I so also add The Whizzer at Six Flags Great America (there should be a law to make this last coaster of its kind a national shrine) and the Mind Eraser at Six Flags over Georgia (still a fun ride).

Mind Bender, I believe that most coasters called Mind Eraser suck.

My personal favorite is Maverick, because it is, well.....amazing! Maverick is closely followed by MForce. I can't believe how people say it doesn't have airtime. In the back, there is major ejector air over the first (incredibly tall and steep) drop, 2 fun floater hills, and one last bunny hop that provides quite a thrill. The speed is mind-blowing too!

If you're into wooden coasters, I would go to Holiday World. This is my home park, but that is not the reason I am hyping it up! The Voyage is simply astonishing... not to mention the Raven and Legend, which also pack a punch! Plus.........................FREE SOFT DRINKS!

If you're into steel coaster, go to Cedar Point. You will NOT be disappointed!

supertrooper wrote

Mind Bender, I believe that most coasters called Mind Eraser suck.

Chalk it up to me to get those coasters names mixed up (again).

I did mean the Mind Bender, the fun coaster with the Riddler's theme.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?