TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair's "Maverick"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, new ride for CP in 2007 possibly?

It will most likely be a "high" profile ride ala MF, maXair since the application is for shirts, keychains, posters, etc. Although, it could be for a large flat ride, maybe another HUSS Giant Frisbee for KBF, Dorney .. I can't help to think this is for a coaster at CP in the location of White Water Landing .. the name seems to fit the theme of the area.

This sounds like a flying coaster theme If you ask me. Maybe a spin off of the movie Top Gun. I know that Cedar Fair doesn't use movies for themes but that is what came to mind when I saw the name. Seems like a good theme to put on the 2007 attraction coming to Cedar Point.

This sounds like a flying coaster theme If you ask me. Maybe a spin off of the movie Top Gun. I know that Cedar Fair doesn't use movies for themes but that is what came to mind when I saw the name. Seems like a good theme to put on the 2007 attraction coming to Cedar Point.

Paramount would have something to say about that.

Could very well be a coaster for CP, but who knows. It's just a name.

Would follow the same trend as Silver Bullet.

Maybe this one will have falic magnets in the gift shop as well.

What a dumb name for a 600 foot drop B & M flyer, I hear they have been putting miniature Tom Cruise's in flight gear all over the park, wait a minute, that's not a miniature, it's a life size Tom Cruise.

Maverick just isn't working for me at the moment, but they can call it what they want, if it's a great coaster.

I don't know how I feel about Maverick as a name for CP's next coaster. Unless they tie it in well with a theme it just doesn't work for me. It sounds more like something for a new flat ride. I think a name like Maverick would fit in better at a park like Valleyfair or Michigan's Adventure for some reason.

I think it's a fairly safe assumption it's an attraction going into the western themed area of CP (the former location of Whitewater Landing), and because of the sheer number of products listed on that trademark application I think you can conclude it going to be something MAJOR (like a coaster). Flats rides generally don't get that variety of merchandise.

mav·er·ick Audio pronunciation of "maverick" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mvr-k, mvrk)

n.

1. An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.

2. One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.

Sounds like a perfect name for a ride in Frontier Town to me, this has nothing to do with Top Gun.

For once, just ONCE in a decade can Michigan's Adventure get a new coaster? I really wanted to check this and see that it was going to Michigan's Adventure, not Cedar Point.

Damn, I guess maybe in 2008, something big for Timbers' 10th?

Nah, they'll give it to Geauga Lake.

Congrats Cedar Point on magical number 17. Now if only there were more flat rides I'd be happy. And a really good wooden coaster, that'd be nice.

"Those who talk don't know and those who do know don't talk."

It's a name, that's it. We have nearly a year to speculate so don't be jumping to anything. The evidence points to it being a big coaster (look at the number of different trademarks for this thing and compare them to those for Skyhawk!), but there is no way to tell what it is. B&M Flyer, Floorless, Dive Machine, Intamin multilooper, prefab woodie, Vekoma Thrill Lift, S&S 4D...take your pick, but you just can't tell. And no offense to any of you with "sources but aren't allowed to say anything," but I just don't trust secondhand rumors. I kept my mind open for '06 until the top piece of Skyhawk arrived in the parking lot, even when people had been saying Screamin' Swing for months.

Remember the rumor in '02 about "Area 51" being the world's tallest revolving restaurant? Lots of people believed that...I'm sure Dragster disappointed them deeply.