• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

2 Broken bones

-Big right toe

-Left Hip in 8th grade. Muscle tore off and took bone with it. I was playing ultimate frisbee on a wet field. That was the worst thing in my life. I couldn't do anything that summer. Got cleared one week before two a days started for 9th grade football. It still bothers me on forceful coasters occasionally but I can still play football and it not bother me. Go figure

I've never had a bone split in half luckily. Knock on wood. Haha

One - I broke my nose in high school. I had the flu, woke up in the middle of the night to go throw-up, mid-heave I passed out, cracked my face on the toilet - a few seconds later I woke up in a pile of my own vomit and blood. Not good times.

I never did go to a doctor and still can only beathe out of only one nostril.

Left wrist broken from basically jumping from a swing at an extreme height in 3rd Grade, facing downwards on the fall, and having my left hand held out really far to stop the fall. I figured that I needed my left hand the least versus all of my other body parts in that time in the air (like my other arm or torso), so I fell on it and broke nothing else.

I guess I was pretty smart for a dangerous situation like that!

This will be my longest post ever, I don't think I can remember them all:

*Compund fracture -tibia and fibula (lower leg bones)

*Broken shoulder (required re-construction)

*Broken toe (foot also cut open, almost lost toe)

*Cracked ribs (from a knee in the back)

*Broken right foot

*Chipped bone in foot

*Dislocated and cracked finger

*Fracture in knuckle

*Spiral fracture left pinkie

*Fracture in chin

*Fractured elbow

*stress fractures right ankle

*Cracked Bone in leg (the knobby bit below the femur on the outside)

*I've got a deviated septum and I've been hit in the nose heaps but I don't think it's ever actually broken, though enough people have tried

And right now I may cracked ribs from a bad collision on the weekend, might be rib cartilegde - but that's worse.

Let's see...

- I've broken my ribs twice (Both while snowboarding.)

- Broke my left wrist (Playing street hockey)

- Cracked my tailbone twice (Snowboarding & skateboarding)

- Broken several toes (All at different times. All for dumb reasons.)

- Broke two bones in my left foot (Ladder fell on my foot at work)

- Broke three fingers (At different times. Punching things is NOT smart!)

- Broke bones in my right hand (At different times. Same as above!)

- Broke my nose (Baseball. Line drive to the face while pitching)

- Worst of all even though it wasn't a break. I tore a bunch of muscles, ligaments, and tendons in my left ankle. OUCH!!! (Skateboarding)

When I was in grade 4. An older kid "tripped and fell" on my wrist while I was playing on the big snow drifts during recess. It broke in two places. Luckily, they were clean breaks and I didn't need any pins or anything like that. Just a cast for a little under 2 months.

None...that I know of. I say that because I have done a few things where I could have, but wasn't aware that I did. Here they are:

About 10 years ago I landed really hard on my tail bone diving for a football and it hurt for a few months...it actually still hurts to this day if I sit down for an extended period without being able to move much (long plane/car rides).

I have stubbed a couple toes quite a few times.

Once playing football about 2 years ago, I dove for the ball and rolled on the ground. Once I got up my left ring finger looked normal, but it hurt tremendously and I could barely move it. I didn't really do anything except put a homemade splint on it for a day or two. It feels fine now. That same night I believe I got a concussion also. I was playing capture the flag on my college campus, and I was running across a street...I then tried to cut and change direction, but slipped and hit my head on the pavement. It wasn't too hard because I popped right back up and felt fine, but I was extremely tired the next day, and I remember reading one of the symptoms is just that.

I have broken a grand total of zero bones. I did, however, break a tooth in a skiing accident (and didn't realize it until years later). I've felt like I may have broken something a couple of times, but have never gone to the hospital for it as other than pain everything seemed normal.