TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many bones have you broken?

booger

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Broke my collarbone falling off the sofa whilst spinning around on it! (aged about 6 or 7)

2 - Broke collarbone again, falling of my bike (a couple of years later)

3 - Broke thumb tripping up on way back from football match - aged 25ish

4 - Broke arm tripping walking to work! (about 30ish)

I'd laugh if those knocking on wood as they haven't broken any bones yet, knocked to hard and broke a finger or two!!

• 4 months later...

When I was younger I was skateboarding around the side of the house and as I was going though the side door I had my hand on the door frame and the wind blew the door shut on my hand and I broke/ripped one of my fingers off.

In 2005 I was snowboarding for the first time that season and for the first time on my new board and caught my heel edge while going super fast and broke my right arm/wrist.

Then another pencil story. On the first day of 2nd grade I somehow stabbed myself with a pencil in the palm of my right hand and the tip of the pencil broke off in my hand. It's still there.

Fractured one of my ribs in a bus accident, some idiot lady cut in front of the bus, the driver had to slam on the brakes real hard, and I was literally thrown chest first into the metal bar near the cash box, ouch. I fractured my kneecap two years later, while I was walking to work. I only live a mile away, and I was trying to get some exercise. Walked too fast, tripped on a pothole in the street, and went down hard into the pavement. Actually, the broken ribs were worse than the fractured knee, because I couldn't sleep, the pain was so intense. Both of these incidents happened within the past five years. Before that, I never broke a single bone in my entire body.

What are you doing to break your wrists?

The first time I was going out the door and my pants leg got stuck in it. I then proceeded to break my right arm. The next time I was swinging on a swing set, and jumped off. I broke my right wrist again. Another time I was running around a ball field, and ran into the concession stand and fell to the ground. I broke my left wrist then, and being the hand I write with, it was not easy. When I sprained my arm I was roller skating in a rink when I fell on my butt. The doctors told me I had sprained my left arm. And finally the most recent. I was climbing on a tree when I flipped all the way over and broke my left humerus plus dislocated my shoulder. The one really hurt.

Wow, a lot of people here have broken a ton of stuff.

I think I might have broken my toe once on the metal track to a sliding glass door. I never got it x-rayed, doctor said it was pointless because the toe still looked straight and all they would be able to do is to strap it to my big toe to minimise movement. I lost my toenail and when it grew back it did so in two pieces.

A decade plus later the toenail is whole again, but there is still a white line in it where the split used to be.

A guy I met in college has the current record for most bones broken of anyone I met. He was in an ancient roman history class I took and at the time was in a cast becasue he had just shattered his ankle in a spiral fracture when playing rugby (he was tackled and spun 360 degrees with his foot remaining in the same position ) From Rugby and Football (aka Soccer, he was from Scotland) he had broken at least ten different bones. The worst he said he broke was when he was playing football and fell, hitting his chin on a sprinkler head. He bit though his tongue and broke his jaw. After healing from that he said he couldn't speak the same as he did before and actually lost some of his accent, this last fact was a sore point because he said he used to have the thickest accent of his entire family and was proud of it.

Strange dude. He could describe every broken bone he had in detail and would do so at the slightest provocation.The type of person who treats their own scars as if they were medals.

• 4 weeks later...
I've never broken or sprained anything before , and I'm glad.

Same. Hope I never do either.

Yeah, I'm glad I've never broken or sprained anything. One of my friends broke his leg every year starting from 5th grade when the same way every year- falling in the stairs. In 8th grade, he actually broke it in the stairs at school from slipping on a candy bar .