TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many bones have you broken?

booger

I broke my left wrist snowboarding. It was my first day of snowboarding, and it was just 2 hours into the day. I had so much fun snowboarding that I have never gone skiing again. I also broke my left "pinky" toe in a motorcycle accident. Some stupid uninsured lady dropped her cigarette on her child so was leaning over to get it and didn't see me stopped at a stop sign. She hit me at about 45 mph, and I got launched about 50 feet backwards. Luckily, I got just a few scrapes and the broken pinky toe, but unfortunately, I still had to go to school the next day.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell over my handle bars on my bike and broke both arms when I was in the 6th grade. Broke both bones in my left and one in the right. Then when I was 35, I was at a school looking for my stolen bike and I tripped over the bike rack and broke a bone in my left arm again. I haven't had much luck with bikes!

• 4 months later...

I've broken two bones:

1) Broke my collar bone falling off a chair. I was pretty young and so, falling from a chair was quite a height!

2) A linear skull fracture when I fell off a bike and hurled into my mums (parked) car. I was knocked unconscious and had concussion. It wasn't pleasant!

• 8 months later...

Hmm, 3 I think?

One in my wrist from my stupid ex boyfriend that pushed me and I fell and smacked my wrist off the ground.

Broke my pinkie after getting into a fight with my brother and deciding to punch him in the skull...not a smart move.

and lastly, I broke my foot by getting run over by a car

yeah, I think that's about it

--Broke my left wrist jumping out of a tree when I was 12. I had pet ladybugs and I was trying to grab a high-up leaf that had a lot of aphids, but it didn't work. It sucked because it was summer and I couldn't go swimming. I also missed the annual trip to Waterworld because I got my cast off a few days before the trip, but my mom thought I wasn't ready for it.

--When I was 8, I dislocated my right elbow. I was shimmying on the top of our swing-set or something and fell and I think landed on a large wooden board we had been playing with earlier. We did just about everything in that swing-set except use it for swinging properly.

I still have yet to break one of my own bones, but I did have an embarrassing (and painful) moment last year. I was heading home, and as I was nearing the subway station, I heard a train arriving. I burst into a run and started jumping down steps. Well, I accidentally missed one and I twisted my ankle. To make things worse, I then slid on my butt about halfway down the steps (in the full presence of the public). And to add insult to injury, the train that I heard arriving was actually coming from the opposite direction. I didn't need to run down the steps in the first place. Though nothing was broken, my ankle was sprained pretty bad, and walking sucked for at least two weeks.

^aw man, that sucks. I've never broken any bones, but this past summer, I crashed my bike cut my head and still had another 10 miles to go to get back to the car, needless to say, I got quite a few strange looks from other people coming the other way. I eventually ended up getting 6 stitches.

Only one broken bone.

2003, age = 10. My right pinkie toe.

Story: I was sitting in the basement, and I spontaneously got up and ran to the stairs. I accidentally rammed the leg of the couch between my two outermost toes. Since I had/have a ton of lego and K'nex in the basement, I stepped on them frequently. This was about as painful as that, i.e. painful and not fun, but not immobilizing, and felt better after about half a minute. However, after a few minutes, I realized I couldn't move my toe back to its normal position, as it was sticking out about 45 degrees to the right. So I went up stairs, and asked "Mom, is this normal?" and showed it to her.

However, I have a few other interesting stories.

2005, age = 12. My right foot.

I was preparing to go to Seabreeze with my family and my godparents' family, packing some legos for the trip to keep the then 8 year old "godbrohter" occupied on the 90 minute trip. I learned about a year before that toothpicks were good substitutes for K'nex coaster rail splicers when the real ones weren't available. So I used a lot of those, and a lot of them were lying around. So as I was walking around in the basement barefoot, my foot ran into something quite sharp. I look at my foot, and I see the toothpick stuck inside. I pull it out, hoping to have the whole thing intact. It wasn't. When my godmother came over, she tried digging around for about 25 minutes. It was incredibly painful, and she didn't get anywhere. After that, we went to my doctor's office, and after 20 minutes of more digging around and two painkiller injections, he finally got out the piece about five minutes before he gave up and sent me to the emergency room. A piece of wood at least half an inch long was pulled out. Though I couldn't go to Seabreeze for fear of infection (Seabreeze has a water park) we went to Coney Island because my family went to NYC about a week later.

2010, age = 16. My butt.

I was sitting on the school bus one frigid morning in February. I decided to arch my back to stretch a little, because I sat on crappy pleather, virtually padding-less seats for nearing an hour and a half a day, five days a week, 180 days a year. I then felt a sharp pain in my butt, again not debilitating. I then remembered that I had a pencil in my back pocket. So as I grabbed the pencil I was thinking "Please have the tip still on there, please have the tip still on there." I look at the pencil, and I think to myself "...aaaand there's no tip on there." I went to the nurse's office that morning, and after about 20 minutes of digging around, she got about half of the wood tip out. Though I figured there must have been the other half of the wood and the graphite still in there, but she said she couldn't see anything. Since she had a better view than I did, I believed her. But after about three weeks, it started to get pretty swollen and infected, so obviously there was something still in there. So we went to my doctor (the same one as the toothpick) and after a while he got the other piece of wood out, and I was given antibiotics which I took for three weeks. The swelling did go down dramatically, however it didn't go away completely. So, about two weeks after I was done with the antibiotics, I felt like squeezing the remaining bump, and the lead painlessly popped out.

So a pencil was stuck in my butt for two months.

^What do you mean NOT one I'd share? I have close to no sense of shame, so that would be the first one I'd share. And you can still see the graphite residue, so I guess the experience was akin to what I would guess going to a super shady tattoo parlor would be.

#1. I broke my arm in first grade falling off the monkey bars. There was some plastic padding underneath that was SO F##### hot and burned me as well as broke my arm. It sucked... and it was worse cause had I broken my right arm the teachers would have written stuff for me but I broke the left arm.

#2: Not a break but a kind of brutal thing that happened to me.

In late 2011(recently) I was at a pop punk/hardcore show and a band called Titlefight took the stage. The audience had been "tired" for the other openers(Four Year Strong was headlining) and I figured they would be the same for this band. Suddendly the lead singer said F### SHI# UP and went into their first song and the previously tired audience went INSANE! Some guy managed to get past security, jump on stage, and stage dive right onto me. That is all well and good, but the bottom of his shoe went across my scalp making me bleed from the head. It didn't hurt horribly so I decided to stay for the headliner but I got "woozy" pretty quick and a friend drove me home. I touched my scalp and it was WAY WORSE than I though... the only reason I was not heavily bleeding was because my hair "soaked up" the blood.

^What do you mean NOT one I'd share? I have close to no sense of shame, so that would be the first one I'd share. And you can still see the graphite residue, so I guess the experience was akin to what I would guess going to a super shady tattoo parlor would be.

Whoops. I don't know you, so I just assumed it would be an embarrassing story.

Since we're talking about other weird non-broken-bone stories...

When I was 16 my friends and I used to like filming homemade movies. We were filming this "horror" movie called "The Stalker Movie" about an unknown stalker that is killing us off one-by-one. We were in the 2nd-to-last scene where I'm the only one left and the stalker catches up to me in the woods and kills me. We were using a real knife and someone (probably me) decided we needed to take the cover off. Then the stabbing part looked too unrealistic, so my friend suggested she'd stab the knife into the ground and it would look more realistic.

Well I'm sure by now you know what's coming... our plan didn't work, and my friend actually stabbed me. I remember it felt like she punched my arm, and I was about to say, "I guess let's do another take..." when I heard her saying, "Oh my God, oh my God, I stabbed you! Oh my God!" And I look down and sure enough, there was a stab wound in my arm near my elbow. We were up in the forest and I knew we had to at least walk back down, and I didn't know how bad the wound was, so I just clamped my hand down over my elbow and went down the mountain.

I ended up having to have stitches inside and out, but it could have been a lot worse than it was. My friend immediately deleted the scene the actual stabbing, and for a while we lied about how I really got hurt. Now, just really wish she hadn't recorded over the scene, because it would make an epic Youtube video! I thought the whole thing was really funny, but my friend was traumatized. She said she could feel the knife going into my arm and stop when it hit my bone. She wouldn't touch any knives for a long long time.