1,050 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of the top coaster designers

• Intamin
    • B&M

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ oh you didn't fan them..you just dumped gallons of fuel on them!!

Well, it may or may not be a crappy coaster but lets just say by the way it looks as of right now its looking pretty forceless and forceless = crappy in my book.

Michael "Maybe I'm speaking too early" Thomas

I'm always a big supporter of "Don't judge something until you ride it" but I have to agree that what I've seen of Hydra doesn't make me want to rush out and ride.

Having said that, though, I of course will wait until I ride to pass any judgement, because who knows, it might turn out to be a real winner!

Who would have thought Thunder Dolphin would have been kind of a dud by looking at it?

--Robb

I'm not sure what to think. I like the new approach taken with Hydra, but I was kind of hoping for something a little bigger. Can't win everytime I guess. I can't really judge whether it is going to be forceless or not. I'm not the most season B&M rider, so I honestly haven't really experienced a "forceless" Beemer. I guess we'll just have to see.

As for the question, I think I'm going to have to go with B&M. I've loved pretty much every Intamin I've been on, but they don't have the intensity that I crave like what can be experienced on the Batmans and Raptor.

I'm just sick of boring B&M's. Now I know tons of people may disagree with me, but I think Nitro and Raging Bull are so slow and boring that I feel like falling asleep when I ride them. The Batmans are fun, but once you've ridden one, you've pretty much ridden them all.

I love me B&Ms. I love the way they move, if that makes sense. They're really gracefull and cool looking, ok some of the new ones may be too smooth and forceless. But they are so pretty and well presented. Also the old-school B&Ms have great forcefull layouts..and that roar also!! *melts* I really do love so many things about B&M coasters.

I also do love Intamin, they're way more adventurous, they take risks...buut that can lead to a crappy ride sometimes. I also dont like their OTSR (not rocket ones) like on Colossus, which are so chunky. I love some of their layous and concepts though! It actually hard to choose between the 2 companies.

I'm going B&M though coz they're so perfect.. (some would say too perfect).

I like Intamin... As a company they just seem dangerous. They are willing to take risks and make absolutely crazy rides. B&M is just too conservative now. They build rides that are fun but well yeah they won't stick out in anyones minds.

Intamin creates some ungodly twisted layouts with launches, involves water, and with the lovely track. I mean who doesn't love the Intamin track design I mean it just has some sort of simple elegance that no other track matches. Plus no matter what seat it looks like you are about to fly off the track

I honestly wish Intamin had some more inverteds as they looks sweet and from what I have heard are smooth but throw you around a bit (has anyone ridden one? give feedback please... I'm sure Robb has). I really want to know more about that ride in Lotte World in South Korea... Blast out of the water... Anyone seen a review of it? I still can't find a real pic of it operating...

B&M, they are great at taking other companies innovations and perfecting them . I have only been on Chang and it hurts me something wicked, my knees feel like they want to rip in two, that aside all of B&M's coasters look beautiful and sound monsterous. I think that B&M has done itself in when it comes to hyper and beyond coasters because their track is huge and heavy, ass their enormous trains and that gives you a hyper that needs trims to keep the trains from eating themselves apart from their force.

B+M are superior for one good reason--the zero G roll. That element is, in my opinion, the best element ever. The B+M Flatspins are also great. And B+M coasters never crash. Of course, Intamin can build a hypercoaster better than B+M can, and the Rocket is a plus, but it just fails to make it to the top.

Al "Intamin came close" Snitzer

Intamins safety is inpecible. Lets review the facts:

Hydro: Lady too large for the ride gets on. Water ride + not fitting into restraints + 80 degree drop = coming out. Not Intamins fault, ride wasnt operated properly.

SROS: Man way too large gets on + Park adjusted seat belt that shouldnt have been retrofitted + Lap bar no where near being in correct position + lots of airtime = man coming out.

I find their restraints to be the safest, even over B&M. The seat belts for one you CANNOT break or come out of is fastened and tightened correctly.

Like everything, nothings perfect. Someone will come along and find a loop hole. You cant failsafe anything really truely. Someone will find a way to die or be injured on it. But those are exceptions. If Intamin was having people falling out every time you turn around, then its an issue.

My vote goes to Intamin.

^ My vote goes to Intamin also. And agreed with everything Real says.

Yes there have been more accidents on Intamin rides lately than B&Ms, but none of them have ever proven to be Intamin's fault. If anything, I think it's coincidence.

The only thing Intamin is at fault for is designing rides that push the envelope. And when park staff allows riders who are not recommended to ride in the manufacturers operating manuals, it's not Intamin's fault.

That's like saying someone owns a car that needs a certain type of fuel and they put in the wrong type and blame the car manufacturer.

--Robb

It's a close fought battle but I have to go with B&M. In my top 5 I have 2 B&Ms and only 1 Intamin. I love the smoothness of both companies, but I have just had more fun on B&Ms. Sure Intamin pushes the envelope of speed and height, but B&M just produces coasters that are more fun. Thats my two cents.