TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pride Mountain

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what can i say, that is all absolutely stunning! I saw the images a short time ago on your DA.com account before reading everything here, and thought it was pretty amazing then, but having looked through the finer details, everything has slotted perfectly into place.

The musical score accompanied by the timing document was attention grabbing, sit up and listen stuff, brought back many fond memories. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up just listening to the soundtrack and thinking about what an experance this would be, so much so, that just the music alone was exciting!

As for the age/intensity issues raised, i think that provided the drop segmant isn't overly forceful, and the emphasis is put on fun, then it could be suitable for a wide range of people. Perhaps a TV advert and other marketing material, featuring a family with kids varying in ages would be useful to promote this?

In regards to patent/copyright issues, i'd definitely reccommend you consider it, now these ideas are out in the open. Could have a peek at the UK Patent Office site - http://www.patent.gov.uk/.

Overall impression - wow, great work!

I think this looks great. If you dont deserve to have a career in this line of work, I do not know if anyone does. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted with what happens for this project and any other future projects you come up with!

• 3 months later...

WOW, that's an amazing concept of a ride for "The Lion King".

Such imagination and great pictures, you should send your idea's to ride companies and hopefully we may be riding them in the future.

What are your ideas of the perfect "rollercoaster" and "Dark Ride"?

You should submit them to the Gravity Group / GCI / Vekoma and Intamin

If you are successful in creating rides they will become instant classics, as the themeing will be second to none.

You should contact “De Efteling” Park in Holland: Tel No: +31(0)416-288111 Local +31(0)416-288488 FAX, as they go all out on their themeing.

Good luck in what you choose as a career path and let us know your next project/design.

Wow, uber bumped. Thanks for all the comments.

For those who mentioned it, no I haven't taken it any further. I was planning to produce something involving a Vekoma ride and mailing it to them, since they seem to be a more approachable and enthusiast-enthusiastic company... but I haven't had the time to get around to it yet.

P.S. - Since this thread, member Ghost has kindly pointed me in the direction of his photo hosting website, so folks can see some other random stuffs THERE

I forgot that this post was still up. I believe I made a post on this thread already, but in case I forgot- BE SURE TO GET YOUR WORK REGISTERED & PATENTS/TRADEMARKS...

Before showing this artwork/design-concept to ANYONE. I learned my lesson the hard-way on some issues in BBW/LNM/DF @ BGE. All of the upgrades at BGE were in fact implemented and if I had those ideas registered, Arrow-would have compensated me as well as any other vendor/mfg. for submitting the idea/concept. So, be sure you take steps in getting your (incredible) work registered for trademark/patents!

• 3 weeks later...
Before showing this artwork/design-concept to ANYONE. I learned my lesson the hard-way on some issues in BBW/LNM/DF @ BGE. All of the upgrades at BGE were in fact implemented and if I had those ideas registered, Arrow-would have compensated me as well as any other vendor/mfg. for submitting the idea/concept. So, be sure you take steps in getting your (incredible) work registered for trademark/patents!

If he had it registered, he'd probably have no hope of it being used so its not like it would matter anyways.

I applaud your work man. I actually look at this as a teen/adult ride because I dont see anyone under 14 riding this because of the drop. And I love how you included all the intense scenes from the movie to make a high speed thrill ride. I think all the other scenes will take away from the action pack ride it really is. But try to come up w/ a efficent eruption shaft idea like 2 or 3 as it was mention before.

Jarvis "remember doing stuff like this when he wanted to be an imagineer " Morant!

I admit, since this threads conception, I never thought to click on the link until now in another lapse of boredom.

I regret that.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Congrats on conjuring up some fine work here!

As for cost cutting! You just did the work of an ARMY of Imagineers, all by yourself! If thats not cost cutting then I dont know what is!

-Jahan