TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Just cause I felt like it. TPR EXCLUSIVE!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see the watermark on virtually everything in New Orleans East. You definitely don't forget about what happened out there. Here's a little peek from Michoud Blvd of the bus entrance into the parking lot. I believe the lot is being used by fema for trailers.

LOL, if the rides worked then there would be a lot less of a problem. The latest buzz seems to be that many of the flat rides were leased from the manufacturers, and the manufacturers will not renew the lease on the rides or lease new equipment to fix the rides and will take them a way.

Sounds like the only place BTR is going is Willy Nagin's Chocolate Land according to what the lease agreement says. It claims that the city of New Orleans becomes title to and owns all attractions put into the park using Six Flags' resources.

Some other parks/property that are leased (at least partially)...

Enchanted Village/Wild Waves

La Ronde

Six Flags Mexico

Wyandot Lake (lease is currently expired and I don't think Six Flags has chosen to renew it yet, they have until 2008 to decide)

Six Flags Marine World (lease is currently expired and Six Flags has to make a decision whether to buy it or not by 2010. It sounds unlikely that the city will renew the lease as they want to unload the park.)

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (over half of the land is leased from the fairgrounds)

Some of the European parks were also leased, so they can obviously transfer the lease.

If only the internet could send smells. There's definitely been a lot of interesting smells out there. From lovely rotting food in the fridge to flooded out homes emitting foul odors, Katrina has opened my nostrils to all sorts of things I could never imagine. Thanks a lot.