TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why do you support President Bush?

Living in a "blue" state, I'm constantly surrounded by anti-Bush comments. In fact, they're pretty much force-fed down my throat on a daily basis. I've never really heard a legitimate reason from those who support him. So if you support our President, I would like to know why? Let's try to keep this civil, and remember that these are people's opinions. Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see

I'm going to keep this simple

If you actually look back at what presidents have done in the past, and what Bush is doing, there is absolutly no diffrence

All of them appointed thier buddies to important posts, but generally it never bit them in the ass, ala Hurrician Katrina

As for Iraq, well all the senators were privy to exactly the same intelligence from europe that the president recieved, and they voted to go after Saddam, so really our entire goverment started the war in Iraq, not just Bush, so lets share the blame, ok

I don't always agree with Bush, but from what I know has factually happened in his administration, I would say he is doing an mediocre job, not terrible, but not great

I'd give him a C+ or a B-, and I vote Republican. I am most disapointed in the idea that he pretty much gave up on Social Security semi-privatization (even though I am all for a completely private system, I would have settled for a choice).. that, and he hasn't pushed for the Fair Tax as much as I think he should.

edit: oh, and he's been a total push-over on the Mexican border

I think he catches a lot of crap that he has limited due blame - ie, Katrina, petroleum prices, the economy's struggles.

He's not the best President, but still better than Clinton in my mind and WAAAYY better than Carter

Here's my view on him and pretty much basic politics. I'm pretty much down the middle when its comes to being democrat or republican; I agree and dissagree with different ideas. My approval of Bush is only so-so. Not because of the common things he gets heat about such as the war in Iraq; but other things such as his lack of action for illegal immagration. In this last election neither of the two major canidates really sparked my intrest, however when it all comes down to it, I'm glad we elected Bush. In the situations that the U.S is in now, its important that he have someone who can follow a plan; well at least better than John Kerry could of, IMO. But like I said, when it comes to polictics, I'm really down the middle and thinks that its important to not only hear both sides out and see who their cabnit is.

_six

edit: oh, and he's been a total push-over on the Mexican border

That is my only real problem with President Bush. I pretty much support him on every other issue. The weird thing is, as much as i hate his policies on the border, most Democrats have an even worse POV. (give them rights, drivers licensces (NATIONAL identification), and cannot be deported).

Ever heard of the minute men? I whole-heartedly support them. All they were doing was making sure people obeyed the LAW, if they saw an illegal run across the boarder, they simply called a boarder patrol agent. But, oh, no, apparently that makes them racist. We loose billions of $$ because of these people... but we can't stop them?

Just one more thing i'd like to note. While his approval rating seems pretty damn low, his lowest low has been higher then the lowest lows of all the recent presidents. Even Ronald Regan (a GREAT president) had a lower lowest low.

Mark "too manys lows" W.

Our world has become a very dangerous place, and we will all be lucky to live thru it!

You can say that you Hate President Bush! But, what he wants to accomplish is to defeat the enemies of not only the United States, but the world in general.

Those who chose to live in ignorance of what the global terrorists represent can go bury their heads in the sand!

The United States as well as its allies are facing a tremendous threat.

The attacks on the World Trade Center as well as the Pentagon are only the beginning.

It's easy to forget those vicious attacks, because they happened years ago, and because nothing else has happened since.

But, you would be a fool to think that something on that magnitude or MUCH greater couldn't happen again in the very near future.

Sadly, most people are only concerned with the "Current" moment in their lives.

So, unless the terrorists are blowing themselves up in the local mall, they couldn't care less.

These terrorists will strike again! Most likely in the near future. I pray it's not with a Nuclear / Dirty Bomb device, which will have a devastating effect not only on this great country, but the entire world itself!

These Terrorists must be defeated! They are the enemy of modern society!

The leaders of the free world realize this, which is why they have joined together to defeat this threat to democracy, as well as society itself.

To have a fair topic I think the people who dislike him should be able to post. So..

George Bush is currently the worlds biggest threat.

He seems to think that just going and invading countries is the answer to all our problems.

We had terrorism WAY before 9/11. It's sad to think it took what happened on that day to make people wake up and smell the coffee.

The "enemies" of George Bush are anyone who doesn't agree with him basically. Countries like Iraq weren't a huge threat to the Usa. Except for the "weapons of mass destruction" claim.. And we all know what happened there.

Basically if he was in power for a good few more years you can bet almost all of the middle-eastern countries would have American Occupancy. There would be some hair-brained scheme to wipe out terrorism. Where as the program started in Afghanistan they STILL haven't caught Osama Bin Laden which I think shows how much good the violence has done.

He should've spent more time on improving home security and not spending millions of pounds shipping out soldiers and losing innocent lives.

I really will be glad to see the back of George Bush. He is an incomptent ninny who can't string a sentance together to save his life.

9/11 cost enough lives. More innocent people should not have to suffer the same fate when George Bush carpet bombs cities and get's annoyed when people retaliate... You just killed a few thousand civilians with "Shock & Awe" wonder why they're annoyed...

I'm not sorry if my views offend anyone really. Seeing the Usa from outside of the enormous patriotism it's clear to me not only is your president a murderer he is also killing the planet. Trying to save your economy by polluting the planet with CO2? Nice.

Being a strong liberal and a member of the ACLU, I hate Dubya. As for the reasons why:

The Iraq War: I like the fact that we are liberating Iraqis. I hate the fact that Bush handled the war poorly. He should have tried to get more support from other countries.

Gay marriage: Whats wrong with being gay?

Abortion: Women should feel free to do what ever they want to their bodies. Babies aren't alive until they exit the body.

Stem cell research: I find nothing wrong with stem cell research

Gun control: Okay, I support him on the issue of gun control, but thats about it.

Homeland Security: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin. We don't need cameras on every street corner to make sure we don't blow ourselves up.

There are many more reasons, but I don't feel like posting them.

The United States as well as its allies are facing a tremendous threat.

The attacks on the World Trade Center as well as the Pentagon are only the beginning.

It's easy to forget those vicious attacks, because they happened years ago, and because nothing else has happened since.

But, you would be a fool to think that something on that magnitude or MUCH greater couldn't happen again in the very near future.

Sadly, most people are only concerned with the "Current" moment in their lives.

I completely agree with this but at the same time must disagree with how you came to this idea. It is my belief that for the longest time we have ignored any possible preventive measures and only acted when something bad happened. Case and point, the World Trade Center, don't feed me any garbage about the towers because I was there, I watched and felt them crumble to the ground. For four years, I would pass by that giant gaping hole in the ground on my way to school, so please save me from your arguments.

Yes, I know that there really wasn't much that could be done to prevent the attacks but the security measures that WERE in place at the time failed. Why did they fail? Because airport screeners were too stupid to deal with their jobs. Sure, that's not Bush's fault, right? Or is it? My view is that the government should expect the worst and do something before the worst happens. When you see a string of attacks that successively hit "closer" to home, attacks on the embassies in Africa and then the attack on the USS Cole, you need to think proactively and envision what could happen next. Some Americans (I said some, so don't go off on me here) get so full of themselves that they see themselves as invincible. NOTHING could ever happen on our soil. Pearl Harbor happened. And the WTC inevitably happened. Why? Because we didn't do anything to prevent it. Only after the attacks occurred did Bush and his puppets get up off their butts and start implementing measures that might prevent future attacks.

Now, I do agree that he is getting better in this realm but it is frankly too late. The image of the burning towers will forever be engrained in my mind. The panic of being on the 7th floor of a building and feeling the ground beneath you shaking, the lights above you flickering and a wall of smoke and ash bombard the window next to you will never go away. Bush failed me there. He failed everyone at that point.

Bush failed me there. He failed everyone at that point.

I'm sorry you blame him directly for something he has little to do with. Instead, I believe that anger should be directed to the 4 or 5 people on that airplane. But you're right, it took an attack on home soil to initiate change, and that shouldn't happen - Why wait after half a dozen attacks abroad? Why blame the Bush administration when we could blame the appeasement of the previous administration that let the USS Cole, Riyadh and African attacks go unpunished?

Where as the program started in Afghanistan they STILL haven't caught Osama Bin Laden which I think shows how much good the violence has done.

But his operations have been hindered to the point where UBL isn't really a threat at all.

I really will be glad to see the back of George Bush. He is an incomptent ninny who can't string a sentance together to save his life.

Quoting the "How to be a Liberal" handbook, Rule #1: If all else fails, make fun of Busch's diction ::P

Gay marriage: Whats wrong with being gay?

Being a member of the ACLU, I would expect you to have strong knowledge of the subject... when did Bush say it was wrong to be gay? He only said marriage should refrain from being homogenous in sex.

Babies aren't alive until they exit the body.

So, where along the birth canal do they become "alive"? What about C-sections? Premature births? - they aren't fully developed but they often seem to survive!

- Joe, who's not bashing anyone, just asking questions

Bush failed me there. He failed everyone at that point.

I'm sorry you blame him directly for something he has little to do with. Instead, I believe that anger should be directed to the 4 or 5 people on that airplane. But you're right, it took an attack on home soil to initiate change, and that shouldn't happen - Why wait after half a dozen attacks abroad? Why blame the Bush administration when we could blame the appeasement of the previous administration that let the USS Cole, Riyadh and African attacks go unpunished?

I can concede that point, but why not blame both administrations? The attacks in Tanzania and Kenya were solely the responsibility of Clinton but the attack on the USS Cole should still have been fresh in the minds of the Bush Administration when he took office. It was still current events and he should assessed that situation when taking office. I just have never been able to see logic in presidential policies, of any administration. I simply don't know how these things are formulated, that is what mainly disappoints me.

I support Bush to a point that he was a better choice than Kerry or Gore. I personally am a libertarian that leans to the right. I believe Bush did an absolutely amazing job handling 9/11, well him and Guliani(Guliani 08'). Also he started his term by hitting Taxes and even Protecting the Amber-Alert act right off the bat in his presidency. And of course he has supported the military all through his term. Being an Air Force brat and having my step-dad go on a 9-month deployment and a 4-month coming up, Bush has showed support for the military and its families throughout his term.

We as a country decided to go into Iraq, our country was built on the system of checks and balances. It was not Bush that said we are going to war and that is that. Not only did Bush need to give his approval to move in, but also Congress, which at the time agreed with the decision. We have got ourselves into a serious problem and we can't just run away from the mess we created.

In conclusion I would give Bush a B- or C+. He has done amazing things concerning abortion and controlling it. But he has left our Mexican border fall and be walked across. You may not need to support his views on matters but you have to accept he is our leader and we as a country need to stand behind him.

It may not be a WMD, but it is one large stock of artillery that could of been used against us or the people of Iraq that has been destroyed thanks to Bush and our soldiers in the field.

DSC02095.JPG.2b8c377529f6724f2ba77a054cd59845.JPG

I like every president they all have there ups and downs just like the rest of us but the main reason im not pro-bush right now is the old saying "never fight a land war in asia." Its still nasty over there and with the whole hamas thing its making me think were fighting all the wrong people.

Im a strong supporter of the military and right now things are looking grim. Recruitment rates are down, moral is down. I really do believe we should pull out of Iraq in the next 6 months or so and refortify our military and reevaluate the war against terrorism. At this point a draft is inevitable unless things change.

The administration is always pointing fingers at this or that country just to get our minds off the real situation. First it was China, then North Korea, now Iran.

I dont hate bush completely he does make me laugh from time to time; and i think that what counts the most. I agree with him on the gay marriage and abortion issues, there just morally wrong.

No it doesn't - people at TPR are cool, I mean we can keep the "gay or strait thread" going for 50 pages, so I think people will remain civil in here as well

Very good point, IMO.

Er...I'm not old enough to vote, but I support the Green Party

My thing with illgeal immagration is not that they are working in the U.S. I have no problem with them getting work permits. But its when we have to close down hospitals because of them. Its when California schools are over populated, and a good chunk of that is because of illegal immagration. I really do think that if given the chance Americans could do the "hard work". They always have been, but something came along and it was easier to hire illegals. Someone else mention the "Minute-Men" project, and I support them 100%.

_six

Mike said some good stuff...

Not to mention the fact that they don't pay taxes an overwhelming amount of the time, yet collect benefits on the taxes that us legal citizens play.

I have no problem with anyone coming to work here.... if they want to do so legally and play by our rules

I am a democrat and am strongly against President Bush. I feel as if his administration has handled things poorly.

-The war on Iraq is a major issue We alienated our allies, lost many innocent lives, and stretched our military so thin that it is close to collapsing.

-The "Terrorist Surveillance Program" threatens our constitutional rights.

-Bush used family values as his major platform for the 2004 election, yet has done nothing about them.

Those are a few of my gripes. Overall I see him as a threat to this country and the world and I look forward to the next US administration.

Mark "Hope I didn't offend anyone" Luskus