TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tattoos

Twister II

Same with tribal art, which USED to actually mean something

I'm sure it means something to a member of the tribe. If you an outsider who has to be taught the meaning of a symbol/design, then it never had any meaning beforehand.

That was my point exactly, I mean nowadays more people get it as a meaningless design then something that should really be personal to them.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribal is totally meaningless to 99.9% of those who get them. My girl works at a Tattoo shop, so Im always down there, and Tribal mainly goes to those that have no clue what they want and just don't care. Most artists Ive met HATE Tribal tattoos, they rather fill their portfolios with more meaningful tattoos of other styles. Anyway I love tattoos on Men and Women I think people look so hot with them. I wish our society would get over all the negative views of tattoos, Its discrimination IMO. I have traditional style full sleeves on both arms and love them.

I'm not a fan of tattoos, yet I would like one. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I think it has something to do with my brother. He died almost three years ago, and had several tattoos. I would like to get a tattoo in his memory, but what exactly it would be I don't know. I want something original, and it needs to be something that I won't regret later in life either. I also have to find a place where it won't show if I wear a tank top or strapless dress. I don't want to take any attention away from the fabulous wedding dress I'm going to wear either!!

Tribal is totally meaningless to 99.9% of those who get them. My girl works at a Tattoo shop, so Im always down there, and Tribal mainly goes to those that have no clue what they want and just don't care. Most artists Ive met HATE Tribal tattoos, they rather fill their portfolios with more meaningful tattoos of other styles. Anyway I love tattoos on Men and Women I think people look so hot with them. I wish our society would get over all the negative views of tattoos, Its discrimination IMO. I have traditional style full sleeves on both arms and love them.

Yeah, both places Ive been, the artist might flat refuse to do "tribal" designs (by that I mean a couple lines or swirls that mean nothing), they hated it that much. Not to say they wouldn't do the real stuff, but most today isn't.

• 1 month later...

Hey y'all!

Now I don't have a tattoo myself but I just wanted to share this hilarious story with you guys!

Police in Belgium are investigating a complaint from a teenager who says a tattooist peppered her face with stars after she asked for only three.

Kimberley Vlaeminck, 18, said she fell asleep during the procedure.

"I woke up when he was starting to tattoo my nose... I counted 56 stars, it is frightening," she said.

Tattoo artist Rouslan Toumaniantz, who is Romanian, said his client did not fall asleep and she got exactly what she had ordered.

He rejects Ms Vlaeminck's claim he had misunderstood what she had asked for.

Mr Toumaniantz says his client was happy until her family saw her face

"She was awake and looked in the mirror several times as the procedure was being done," said Mr Toumaniantz, who works at Tattoo Box in Kortrijk.

He says his client only regretted the tattoos later.

"She agreed, but when her father saw it, the trouble started," Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws quoted Mr Toumaniantz as saying.

The teenager has told Belgian media she wanted three modest stars tattooed near her eye and she awoke to "a nightmare".

Ms Vlaeminck has said she wants to keep the tattoos on her forehead but would have the rest removed.

From the BBC website...

The result is seen here

kimberly.jpg.6d2792a02bb8a6c5e9becd0e55f5dc74.jpg

Yes, I've been Kimberlized too :)

kimberley-vlaminck-18-pic-cen-510071989.jpg.f752483c08b93ce5e08f19f364585fe8.jpg

Way to go, Kimberly!

^ Yeah, that whole story is hilarious.

But I'm actually more confused by the post above yours:

I got mine 6 days ago the day I got engaged to my fiance. I proposed to her on the lifthill of Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia. She said yes after the brakes.

Wait. What? Please tell me I'm not the only one shaking my head. Did I miss something?

• 1 month later...

^I just read this and am as confused as you are. What does the significance of your tatoo have with you proposing to your woman on Goliath?

Not to sound rude, but what does the dolphins in the Yin Yang logo have to do with proposing on Goliath? Please elaborate! For instance, My nickname for Alana is HunnyBunny. So my tatoo looks like this.

HunnyBunny1.thumb.JPG.b8d5d59c773fc81669e3a3624a252a64.JPG

All I can say to that is "(longer than usual pause) why?"

I've been rethinking the tattoo thing lately. If I do get one I figure it will be something to do with my heritage. I've narrowed it down to the Maltese flag, the Maltese cross, or the George Cross. Maybe a falcon or rooster as well in there, but not sure.

While I am not a person who could fit the covered in tattoos look I certainly don't mind those who are, as long as it suits them!

I love most of the tattoos posted in this thread and will come back later with a photo of mine. I have the VT symbol on my arm "in" stone, just like Hokie stone used to make the buildings on campus. I will be going back to get the university motto, "Ut Prosim," (That I may Serve) tattooed underneath it and also I am getting a celtic armband that will be carved in stone.

• 5 months later...

Elissa Redirected my thread I created to over hear. Lately, I've been considering getting some tattoo work done this summer, and naturally I want my tattoo to be affiliated with coasters in someway. This is a definite maybe, since my dad is a total stickler on cleanliness and appearance, but since I'm going to be 18, that really doesn't matter too much. I was thinking about having some track that wraps around my fore-arm but I wasn't too sure on what to do. Do any of you guys have some ideas? It would be much appreciated!

^ Well my advice is to be VERY careful in your selection as obviously it's something that is going to be with you the rest of your life. Im coverered in tattoos, I honestly dont even know or want to sit down and count them all, but I love tattoos with a passion. I say as long as it's something that YOU really like go ahead and go for it! But my honest advice is to stay away from anything like certain Hobbies (even coasters), and bands IMO. One day in the future might come along and you may not be into what you are into now and those are the tattoos that people regret later in life. Most hobbies and bands are better off being worn on a T-shirt as if one day that is no longer what your into, you can just throw the shirt away but a tattoo isn't going anywhere. Anyway here is a pic (not finished in this pic) of my left forearm being tatted from a few years ago, one of my first tattoos I ever got, Im all traditional old style tattoos. One of these days Il post a pic of me showing a lot of my work.

tat4.jpg.f979a71830f2017da94282afe3c0b735.jpg

Edited by black sabbath

Here's my latest. Still needs to be coloured, but I love it so far!

The cherry blossom (top) represents my sister, the jasmine flower (middle) represents me, and the orchid (bottom) is for my mom. The three of us are very close, so this is for them. I'm really happy with it so far!

tat01.jpg.577ba8e1da8503494d5321f2ccb64ed9.jpg

I'm seriously thinking of getting a small Hurakan Condor -logo on my calf/shin area. It represents my love for theme parks and especially for freefall towers. And it's one of the best logos I've seen.

hurakancondor_logo.jpg.bba3d47c9c111377269eec5455d1b56d.jpg

Here's the logo. Just ignore the text and the grey backdrop.

I have to admit that when I was with my ex Melissa (split since August of this past year), We did the names of one another thing with her name being right above my left ankle......I have now learned my lesson. On the bright side, I was able to cover it earlier today with one of a partial Raptor logo (The face and background, but no words). It is very fitting to me in a couple different ways:

- It was my first big coaster, and being such was one of the first times in my childhood that I faced something I was afraid of head on, and also was a spark for what I consider to be one of my personal passions

- It is representative of how going to different theme parks is a way for me to enjoy life, even when things are not going so well, and is kind of fitting that I cover something that is connected to one of the toughest things I have ever had to face with something that has been a great source of cheering up when times are tough.

Originally, the artist that did it was going to color in the eyes and beak like the logo, but as the outline was comming along, I thought it looked cool the way it was, and he felt the same, saying that it was unlike anything he had done before. He described it as being kind of like taking a piece of wood, and carving the face into it.

-Gary T.

P2170004.JPG.607f396c9a5b584c1e05646003cdd119.JPG

The name was in the solid black area just under the beak

P2170005.JPG.47be66c0f394edfd4a493702e1dcbdcb.JPG

Another view without the flash this time

Edited by carolinacaniac

^That's a real good cover job. I remember when watching all those tattoo shows that they say covering stuff is one of the hardest things for a Tattoo Artist to do.

This is also a very good PSA...NEVER GET THE NAME OF A SIGNIFICANT OTHER TATTOOED ON YOUR BODY!!!

Thanks for sharing!

That was what he was saying even. Originally, I wanted to see about just doing the face with no background, but the issue of the name showing through was a problem, but when I asked him about keeping the background, he said that he could do it, so he just extended the hatch portion down to cover the name. It did come out very well.

Thanks for the compliment, and I enjoyed sharing

-Gary T.

I dont have a tattoo yet but my friends are talking me into getting one. I'm thinking of doing something poker related on my chest or something roller coaster related on my arm. I really like the X2 tattoo from a few pages back but I wouldnt want to take the time to do that.

TattooSkullPoker.jpg.a699ba064e7f5d39a2cc1b4a858bfd7a.jpg

Something like this I think

Don't have any yet, but hopefully sometime this year after October (because I"m turning 18!). Don't think I would get a coaster related tattoo but one of my co-workers last year had one. He had a wooden coaster around his upper arm (like an armband tattoo).

Apart from the Chinese name, I'm also thinking about getting these song lines (haven't decided where yet) that have meant a lot to me.

120188674_Chinesename.png.4cbc9a5af2b79d5505e5c3ed6ff54e2c.png

Want to get that on my ankle likely. I want a Chinese dragon on the left side of it but I haven't found a picture that i want (or anyone to draw me one). If you know how these names work, the family name comes first. It's my real name, not one of those that artists make up.

So I never thought to post this... So here it goes!

This is my first tattoo I ever got... I had put a lot of thought into it, or so I thought. It was when I had turned 18, and moved to Florida, and was just enjoying my life! So the story behind this tattoo... Well as I was growing up I was always taught that it was wrong to be gay. So there for I had to hide for many many years who I really was. Then I got out on my own, and realized I could be who I wanted to be, and I got this tattoo as a reminder to myself that I am who I am and regardless what people say. So yeah... thats partly the story behind this tattoo! Many years later, I still have it, and still love it. Nope... No regrets on getting it!

~Matthew

08241310.jpg.11f8a5eacd8083e0a9d5625408976b68.jpg

Very simple!