TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tattoos

Twister II

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my first one from yesterday. Been toying with the idea for ages, but didn't get one till I knew for certain what I really wanted.

Took about 2 hours so far, it'll be finished off with some shading and hopefully develop into a 3/4 sleeve.

I'm going to get a tattoo eventually. But I don't think I could get just one, there's sooo much stuff I want!

-Barbed Wire

-Biohazard Signs

-Numerous band logos - BFMV, Metallica, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Escape the Fate, Three Days Grace, Bring Me the Horizon, Atreyu, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Matchbook Romance, idk.

-Donnie Darko stuff

-"False Hope"

-Roses and knives/guns

-Skulls

-Haunt stuff

I've gotta start writing down my ideas!

So I went yesterday and got a tattoo that I have been wanting for a while now. It is really simple... It says "Love Dragster" most people freak and are like "Why did you get a coaster tattoo?" Well for me Dragster is more than a coaster. Dragster is where I would go when the park was closed, and I was having a bad night. I would just go and sit in the grandstands. Its a long story, but Dragster is not just a roller coaster to me!

1. Pain level of your tattoo, 1 to 10, 10 being the worst pain possible.

They really were not that bad, I would say they were a 5.

2. How long did it take? To outline? To fill in? To completely heal?

It only took about 30 minutes from start to end. But they are no where near being healed yet!

3. Is there anything to numb the area, before getting stabbed to death?

Getting a tattoo is really not that painful, its just kind of annoying. It feels like a cat scratching a sunburn. There is no need to numb the area before getting a tattoo.

4. Are you happy with your results? Regrets?

Oh I am very happy with the results! But then again… it’s a long story as to why I got it!

5. Cost?

It was only like $30! I know right?! Amazing!

6. How do I know the right place to get it?

You will just know. Like one day it will just hit you, and you will know that is the right place… Its hard to explain.

7. Did you have any excessive redness/infections/irritation?

Nope. I have no redness, no infections, no irritation… nothing!

~Matthew

7.jpg.9baa6ec5a9ec0796a436605cf550614a.jpg

*Sighs* I know right?! But I love them!!

I'm going to get a tattoo eventually. But I don't think I could get just one, there's sooo much stuff I want!

-Barbed Wire

-Biohazard Signs

-Numerous band logos - BFMV, Metallica, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Escape the Fate, Three Days Grace, Bring Me the Horizon, Atreyu, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Matchbook Romance, idk.

-Donnie Darko stuff

-"False Hope"

-Roses and knives/guns

-Skulls

-Haunt stuff

I've gotta start writing down my ideas!

If I had gone ahead and inked the stuff I thought was cool when I was 17 years old, I've have to kick my own a$$ every morning now when I looked in the mirror. Thankfully, I never acted on any impulse, because I still haven't found anything I'd want on my body forever....and probably never will.

My advice, Zach...think loooooong and hard about that list. I can see you cringing about half that stuff 15 years from now.

Some nice looking tats. But fair or not by getting a visible tattoo it will limit your job prospects in the future you know.
I thought about that with them on my wrist they can be covered with a watch, and a "medical" bracelet!!

~Matthew

I was referring to the guys who had the nice designs on their upper arms. Yours is plain and a few years from now you will wonder why you did it. Especially when you figure out Dragster is no longer your favorite coaster.

Here is mine, Im a scorpio but not a fan of the symbol so I went literal. Only took about 45 minutes from start to finish. It really didn't hurt that much either, just felt like someone was slightly scratching at my skin. And the artist originally wanted $120 for it, but since I got it for my birthday he did it for $90. I have 3 more planned out but waiting for funds to allow.

And there is actually no red in it, thats just my skin since it was freshly done when the pic was taken.

There have been LOTS of things I've wanted over the years, but have never gotten one. Now that I'm 33, I've actually found something I really want and I'm probably going to get it this year.

It's a Celtic "Fatherhood Knot". I'm going to get it like the link http://www.kiltsrock.com/newtat.jpg and integrate my kids birth-dates into it. I'm thinking of Green rather than the red though.

It will be on my upper arm high enough to where I can still wear a short-sleeved shirt and you won't see it. I'll probably get it done within the next month or so. My best friend has a connection and I can get it done for about $50.

As promised, today I went to see the hottest and arguably the hardest working and most talented lady in the tattoo biz...yes, that's right...none other than Katherine von Drachenberg - aka KAT VON D!!!!! Here are pics from Kat's "High Voltage Tattoo" book signing in Nashville...Enjoy!

9_800x600.JPG.b241710707d3d6d388722733e1c97fce.JPG

Thank you Kat!

8_800x600.JPG.e3a7b0596fd6f1fbe1b22422997e2fac.JPG

Hottt

7_800x600.JPG.ef14ffa3eff48e77e7e174fd5356e323.JPG

Dude!

6_800x600.JPG.5b01e57cd44606bac6b96eaa0a388183.JPG

Stars

5_800x600.JPG.82abf8a2420a2033b57eea5e1d8ac514.JPG

Kat and her sister

4_800x600.JPG.c6d9e3b8728a2051b46f5fa5df9e31da.JPG

Getting closer

3_800x600.JPG.6e24cb279654c254abb66b518b3016b0.JPG

We're here...and so are a lot of other peeps

2_450x600.JPG.e5a68ee2670e81fab8e6b5e72b6e3d40.JPG

Up close and in your face

1_800x600.JPG.8d9b69fab899103d5b63e364f0f92c6d.JPG

The poster for the book signing

^I've never understood the appeal of tattoos, either. But what people want to do with their own bodies is their own business, I suppose.

Bill Maher made one of the funniest cracks concerning the rage for oriental symbols as tattoos: "You think you're showing your 'spirituality.' For all you know, it could mean 'kung pao chicken.'"

• 1 month later...

That spiderman one LOOKS cool, very well done, but that's also a pretty huge tattoo and the guy seems to still be pretty young. You would have to be a HUGE spiderman fan to get something like that, it's pretty much like a permanent costume. Hope he likes that in 5 or 10 years, or every girl he dates likes to have sex with a spiderman.

I have a couple tats myself and have some ideas, but i sit on them for years before actually getting them. I once thought of band logos, but I have a couple friends who have several and they remind me of walking ads. Plus, bands come and go, get better or get worse, break up etc, unless i was part of a band I really loved, id not get something like that. Not to mock anyone thinking of getting a slipknot tattoo, but about 50 thousand others have the exact same tattoo, I would much rather get something more personal. Same with tribal art, which USED to actually mean something but now is just a pretty design 80% of college guys who get tattoos get at some time.

Same with tribal art, which USED to actually mean something

I'm sure it means something to a member of the tribe. If you an outsider who has to be taught the meaning of a symbol/design, then it never had any meaning beforehand.