TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magnum and Millennium Force

We are going to Cedar Point this summer and I want to go on Magnum. However, I have heard Magnum is a letdown after riding Millenium Force(which I want to go on, also.)What do you think? Is that true? Or were those forums just being all-or-nothing?

BTW, as you read above, I want to go on Millenium Force . However, I am a ten year old, so I wonder: would you suggest MF for me? I have been on The Incredible Hulk Coaster (7 upside downs) and Dueling Dragons, Fire and Ice ( 5/5 upside downs) at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL, but am I ready for Millenium Force? Please, please, please, I want to know.

Austin

Roller Coasters>Donkeys

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Magnum a try. Some people like it, some don't. I've never been on it myself, but if I go to CP, I will ride it to both see what it's like, and of course, to get the credit!

BTW: I can't believe you're ten when we have people much older than you who can't write in proper English.

Well, I found Magnum disappointing (too rough, bad transitions) and MF great. But, y'know, opinions are like buttholes...

I see no reason why MF would be any tougher a ride for you than DD Fire. First time out, be sure to wait for the front row...the view down that first drop is amazing.

Definitely go on Magnum if you go to Cedar Point this year. I've been on both of them and Magnum was not a let down after going on Millennium Force. It was still fun and exciting and all that good stuff we all like. However, that was back in 2003. I didn't get a chance to ride it when I made a trip to Cedar Point in 2005, so I don't know how well its aged since then.

If you're concerned about taking on Millennium Force, definitely ride Magnum first. If you like it, chances are you'll love Millennium Force.

I tend to prefer airtime to overbanked turns. So when I went to Cedar Point in 2003 I found myself marathoning Magnum (there was literally no line to get on the ride) and only rode Millienium Force twice.

Magnum, like any other Arrow, you need to ride twice to decide if you like it or not. The first time you will get the shit knocked out of you. After that you'll know where all the major bumps are and will be able prepare youself for them, making your second ride much more enjoyable.

Honestly you will like one more than the other... It is just how it is... If you are a crazy airtime fan Magnum will be your fave. If you like speed and crazy corners then Millenium Force is better. Both have their strong points...

Of course take what I say with a grain of salt because I haven't made it to CP since 2000...

BTW: I can't believe you're ten when we have people much older than you who can't write in proper English.

My mom says to tell you thanks. She's an English teacher and makes me check everything before I post.

Thanks kenshinmac! I LOVE both airtime and crazy, blistering speed and great changes in direction!

Bring the pain!!

I really like both rides. They both produce different types of rides.

But it's really up to you to decide which you like and why.

I have a very high pain tolerance, so Magnum to me isn't too bad. I almost like it better when it's rough. If it doesn't beat you up a bit, then it's probably running slow.

If you're feeling daring ride 1-3 on Magnum(first car, 3rd seat). It's nicknamed the ejector seat(and for good reason). Just be warned that seat can be pretty painful sometimes.

it may be worth noting (or it may not) that MF has scored #3 or 4 in the steel coaster poll every year since it opened (always beaten by GeForce and S:ROS NE), handily outscoring Magnum, which has now slipped to #44. So though you may feel that MF is the letdown, odds are, statistically, that you'll prefer it to Magnum.

All the best people do.

I would say ride Magnum first and then check out Millennium. I've always liked Magnum, but it is showing some age in roughness. Millennium is freakin sweet. Definitely my favourite coaster, hands down (Raptor being a close second).

DB

When I've gone ('03, '04, '05), I've had a really good time on both of the rides. If you don't like rough rides, on Magnum I recommend riding in the middle of a car. That way, you aren't over anything making contact with the track so the bumps won't be transmitted as badly.

As for MF, anywhere you ride is super smooth. If you can get on it twice I recommend riding in the front (you can also ride in the second seat if the line is too long, stadium seating will grant you a similar view) and in the very back of the train. Front for the views and back for pure artime bliss over the top of that drop.

When I first went on MF, I was 11. Waiting in line for it got me really nervous, and I was practically crying as I boarded the train. But when the ride was over, I was in a state of pure exhilaration. The best rollercoaster I have ever been on. Also, if you think you are up to it, ride it at night, it's a lot more fun. When I first rode it, it was 11:00 PM.

Well, I found Magnum disappointing (too rough, bad transitions) and MF great. But, y'know, opinions are like buttholes...

The kid's 10, Shepp.

...everybody has one. Even 10-year-olds, or so I hear.

I'm 14, and I have opinions like that.

Even though I have never been to CP, I thing Millenium force is better, but Magnum is still good.

^how can you say that, if you haven't been on either. That's like saying Kingda Ka is a let down without riding it, just because it is a clone. (IMO, KK is better than TTD because it is taller, and has an extra hill)

I suggest riding Magnum before-hand, if you are worried about it being a let-down. That way, you have nothing to compare it to!

Magnum is a mean spirited coaster, that will have you hanging on, begging for mercy (but I LOVE IT).

Only Mantis (Mr. Head, Meet Mr. OTSR) and Mean Streak (We might get back to the station faster if we grab the sidebars and pull) ranked lower for me at Cedar Point on my last visit, but perhaps I haven't ridden MF enough times.

I'd say, don't listen to any of us, ride what you want to ride, like what you wanna like