Seahawks are joining the Steelers!!!!!

Damien666

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Growing up in Seattle in the 80's and early 90's, we would always make fun of the Seahawks because most years they were downright pathetic.

I'm no longer in Seattle, but I think its awesome that the 'Hawks are in the Superbowl for their first time ever. I'm actually quite shocked about it.

Go Seattle!

Pittsburghs Quarterback in the two seasons he has been in the NFL, has a road record (as a starter) of 14-1! That's incredible!

The AFC will win another Superbowl championship in Detroit.

I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout.

ONLY because he has an incredible team around him. Hes hardly ever rushed because of their great offensive line and when they have a decently spread offense with 2 targets down field and Bettis in the back, anyone could be that good.

Not to mention their stellar defense tends to hold games within a touchdown or two.

Ben is good, hes proven that. But hes still overrated IMO. it takes more than 2 years to prove a quarterbacks worth. If the team does lose key players, then we will see what hes made of.

Hes a product of "Right place at right time".

^Well excuse me, but I don't think that Ben is overrated!

I'm an not a Steelers fan, but I can't ignore what they have accomplished as a team. The Steelers have earned their spot in the Superbowl, and I wish them the best.

Their coach is a proven winner, and I'm convinced that he will prevail in Superbowl XL!

The Steelers will win this Superbowl!!! They are the better team!

You just said it though...the team got there - not Ben. I havent seen Ben do anything crazy stellar, just be solid. Behind that line and the rest of the team that wasnt incredibly hard to do.

Give him a couple more years, then we will see what hes made of. Especially if they go through any hard times. They havent really seen those yet in the last 2 seasons.

Its not how well you do when things are good but how well you do when things suck.

I am not discrediting the Steelers in anyway. They played extremely well in the playoffs - at the beginning of December, I didn't think they would get past the divisional round. Then, it was "are they even going to make it?" but they played their asses off these past three weeks. They deserve it 100%, I mean they beat the top three teams in their league so there's little arguing that. I just agreed that Ben is overrated, and that the team as a whole (including Ben on a personal level) has been playing better this January than I have seen them play in years.

^How can you say that Ben is overrated! Give me a break! In Bens first season in the NFL, this talented quarterback went 15-1. Hello! That is an unbelievable accomplishment!

How many quarterbacks have accomplished that in their rookie season? None!!!

In Bens second year, this young quarterback has advanced his team to the Superbowl! (As a the six seed no less)

Holly Crap!!!

That is a difficult task by anyones standard! All of those playoff victories were on the road! No one has done that since the Patriots did it almost twenty years ago!

The Steelers have more than earned their trip to Detriot. I personally believe they will prevail as the best team in the NFL this year! Go Steelers!

He would not have the same success if he was on any of the other 31 teams. He's good, he fits the Pittsburgh system PERFECTLY, but that doesn't mean he's great.

Look at his personal stats: nothing grossly huge. BUT he DOES have a great passer rating. He's very efficient, and he does well as the leader of the passing game which takes a back seat to the running game in Pittsburgh.

He's improved a lot this year, he's still a damn good quarterback, but even if he wins he doesn't qualify as one of those "elite" QBs we hear so much about in the media... at least not in my mind (yet)

As a Skins fan who saw the Hawks struggle against a good defense, I have to go with The steel curtain.

The Steelers D is playing out of there mind right now and there O has what it takes to get the job done.

The Skins proved all you have to do is put a hat on these guys and you can make things happen.

Besides, I'm really rooting for Cowher, it's his turn to get a ring.

On the Ben thing, I'll trade you Mark"suck a**"Brunell for him .

He would not have the same success if he was on any of the other 31 teams. He's good, he fits the Pittsburgh system PERFECTLY, but that doesn't mean he's great.

Look at his personal stats: nothing grossly huge. BUT he DOES have a great passer rating. He's very efficient, and he does well as the leader of the passing game which takes a back seat to the running game in Pittsburgh.

Bingo and bingo. Its also not that hard to be efficient when you have a spread offense. Look at Manning. Manning would still be good at any team but hes amazing at Indy because he has some top notch receivers and a great running back. When you have that combo defenses dont know who or what to pick on at any given moment so theres hesitation which ultimatly leads to missed tackles and bad plays.

I agree, Ben is good but only at Pitt. I dont think hed have the same success at anywhere else because the Steelers are so balanced.

Kinda like how I feel about Brady...same thing. Nothing stellar, just fell into the right team at the right time and just happened to be "solid". Nothing more, nothing less. Tis why no one picks him for fantasy football. He only gets ya like 2TD's a game.

ONLY because he has an incredible team around him. Hes hardly ever rushed because of their great offensive line and when they have a decently spread offense with 2 targets down field and Bettis in the back, anyone could be that good.

That must explain why Maddox does so well shen he is under center.

Ben isn't the second coming of Johnny Unitas, but he is much better than the "opportunistic" quarterback everyone here claims he is.

I would easily put him in the TOP 5.

• 2 weeks later...

If Pittsburgh is so great, why were they a wildcard? I mean, they are great on the road, but if you have the better record in the playoffs, you get to be the home team.

You know, one reason the Seahawks get no respect is that they only faced "weak" teams-they beat every team in their division twice-that sure makes the rest of the division look pretty bad.

If the Seahawks treat the Super Bowl as another game and don't get overwhelmed by it all, it will be a close game.

shaun_alexander_122604_240x200.jpg.82ab7b7981975a519a82b49c154ca37d.jpg

Record setter Shaun Alexander