TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shekrah

Busch Gardens It may be an hour or so away, but it's well worth it. Busch Gardens is the best spot for roller coaster enthusiasts in all of Florida ? and beyond. Sporting some of the biggest, faster coasters around, Busch Gardens is a high-impact place for a day trip. Among the choices: Kumba, the largest, fastest coaster in the Southeast U.S., Shiekrah, the only roller coaster with a straight down 90-degree-angle drop and Montu, which blasts riders backwards in a suspended car.

WTF? Since when does Montu go backwards? Kumba is the largest and fastest coaster in the Southeast? I'm sorry but I just had to post this article.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/orlando/orl-trav-top10,0,5528511.story?coll=orl-attractions-more

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what's so funny about this. They're showing different coasters, and at the end they show the biggest coaster.

It's that they call it a feature. All it is is four coaster photos with no discription besides some stats. They're not even good photos that show off any of the ride, with the exception of the last pic all of the photos are just a close up of the riders or the train.

Man it feels good to know I live in a state with a bunch of media-idiots. Maybe they'll promote Scorpion as the most intense coaster ever built in the south east coast....

Colin"At least Sarasota has SOME common sence when it comes to the media"C

Things like this never make sense to me. Newspapers try to pride themselves on getting facts right, but they always seem to really screw up when they write features on roller coasters.

That's just because YOU know your OWN subject very well. They get other facts wrong as well, but we don't notice because we don't know, and even more so, don't give a crap! Just like most people in this article about coasters. Sad, but true, I know.

So the reporter may not be familiar with coasters, but how the heck do you write that Montu goes backwards? If you look at it for 2 seconds you can clearly see the direction that it goes!

The Holy Land Experience is a top 10 attraction? WTF? It is nice-looking, but it seems like church with a $30 admission fee.

Expedition Everest

Where: Disney's Animal Kingdom

Type: Steel

Length: 4,400 feet

Height: 112 feet

Drop: 144 feet

Speed: 65 mph

Jan. 22, 2006

Is that possible? Gotta love the Slantinel. Almost as much as the expressions on the people's faces at the top of the EE photo.