TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

There could be structural issues -- I don't want to jump to conclusions -- its just that I haven't been informed or cast members haven't been told there are major delays (the ones I've talked to).

Minor delays yes, but nothing to push back the opening date.

Sorry -- he could be right, but not according to my sources, what I see there everyday.

I hope there will the "making of" movie of this coaster. This should be great .

Discovery Channel will be airing a couple shows based around the ride when it gets closer to opening.

I hope they show construction footage, the whole process of design etc., problems they had with the coaster or challenges etc.

So much design and testing goes into these rides before construction even starts that it's hard to believe there is much that hasn't been characterized. I'm sure all engineers involved are on top of it; it's not like Disney to just throw something up see what happens when you start it up.

Some folks say earth day (america's that is).

That's what I'd read thru various 'zines and sites. Earth Day, April 22, is the anniversary of Animal Kingdom itself, so "the rumored plan" was for the Official Opening of EE to be around that date, which is a Saturday, next year.

Just what I heard, m'self.

Not much new -- the rocks are gone-- first batch of (non trainer position) of cast members are being trained.

Part of the backstory is that the train was originally used for a tea hence the smell of tea when you cross over the bridge.

Looks like they are running only 4 trains of the total 5.

Fun, fun fun!

IMAG0084.jpg.5ee4616f1e7ec04fb5345b56603e6d14.jpg

Its the Healthy Fam- I - Ly! Both parents smoking.

IMAG0080.jpg.4088d777170068ebda142c81a94b03c4.jpg

Programming the Fast Passes

IMAG0079.thumb.jpg.b7455435500eb8bc6acfeede25b1a558.jpg

Perfect weather today -- nice clouds -- a 'matterhorn' shot.

IMAG0077.jpg.70f146e51009af6f6c81b70104a11f55.jpg

The Rocks were cleaned up.

IMAG0072.thumb.jpg.7aa3b69496b11856ffbb2f79f92b1f47.jpg

Shot of the Day -- Jazzy Accessory

IMAG0082.jpg.d904467946af9a2a454f6248144c36c3.jpg

The tea smells great.

IMAG0081.jpg.6fb0493a28a2bb11e490782f0b2f8104.jpg

Life preserver, nice touch Disney

If you have the money you could always do this:

Attend a special dinner presented exclusively for Disney Auctions winners and hosted at Disney's Animal Kingdom®'s thrilling new attraction Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden MountainTM before its official debut in Spring 2006. Limited to a total of 50 guests, the dinner is scheduled for the evening of Friday, February 3, 2006, after regular park hours.

The package for two people includes a buffet dinner, beverage service and entertainment in the park's Anandapur village followed by desserts, beverage service and entertainment at Expedition Everest, with the opportunity to experience the attraction.

Net proceeds from this auction will benefit Conservation International (CI), whose mission is to conserve the Earth's living natural heritage, our global biodiversity, and to demonstrate that human societies are able to live harmoniously with nature. For more information, visit conservation.org.

DISCLAIMER: Following checkout and authorization, a Walt Disney World representative will notify the winning bidder to assist in the booking of the experience. This exclusive experience package is non-transferable and subject to the following conditions:

Airfare and hotel accommodations are not included as part of this package.

All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility.

At least one participant must be a legal adult, age 18 or older.

Now if we heard this news from the Dippin Dots guy, I would believe it. They know EVERYTHING!

Except about what constitutes good ice cream. If this is the "ice cream of the future," I think I'll stick to Ben and Jerry's and Dairy Queen.