TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

I can't get over how spectacular this park looks at sunset and after dark.

They shoud have two opening times. From 9A till 3P, then re-open 1hr before sunset untill 10P. It's like a whole different park.

Guy "I can't wait to finaly get to this park. Robb and Elissa denied me the opportunity while we were in Florida. Now I know why his name is Robb. Cause' I was Robb'ed of the joy of AK!" Koepp

I can't get over how spectacular this park looks at sunset and after dark.

They shoud have two opening times. From 9A till 3P, then re-open 1hr before sunset untill 10P. It's like a whole different park.

Guy "I can't wait to finaly get to this park. Robb and Elissa denied me the opportunity while we were in Florida. Now I know why his name is Robb. Cause' I was Robb'ed of the joy of AK!" Koepp

Now now Guy. I'm sure if you begged enough we could have gone to AK for a few hours. But thats ok, it will be that much better on your return visit.

Wow.. great shots Jose! i didnt realize EE could get MORE impressive than it already is and then you take those night shots!! Good lord! Is there any speculation about AK having later hours after this opens?

Eric

I've been told they'll keep that section of the park (ASIA) open till 7 or something. But the Calendar on WDW's site doesn't intimate that.

I just spoke to a Disney employee, and he said that Everest's testing is doing very poorly.

Apparently the cast member soft opening has been pushed back, and the grand opening will be as well. It seems every time a train is sent, it's tearing up theming on the right side of the track.

If true... this ain't good.

I don't mean to question your sources, but -- I'm there nearly every day -- and haven't heard any of that. The coasters are running constantly -- and if they were tearing things up constantly that would have happened once (because the clearance on the trains is all the same).

Now, I have heard that they are pushing back the cast member technical rehearsals -- but its not by much. Last week they said they will be finished in two months.

Official deadline for opening per Disney auctions is around February 3 or two months from last week.

Noticed a few chips on the ground from damage or construction work by the lamp on top of the rock -- but nothing is really new.

Trainers have been training all week -- today they were supposed to start their work with cast but it was delayed -- they start tomorrow.

IMAG0052.jpg.3313de5292ec47710b421858b8ee1b36.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg.b0a5620a3e0cf20142f8ff73b036317c.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg.1b97fe4960093c4cd53b7194c017ed7a.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg.d5cde47ad08b021d9784da12ca7612ad.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg.24fdfe1cf15ab2957f044d8cc923b2ca.jpg

Right by the lantern -- the chipped off stop

IMAG0056.jpg.01322eb3ffb11feb92b72570db126032.jpg

Chip off the old block

IMAG0055.jpg.67f7df140bc9fa754ea9159c53f7a328.jpg

Jose, you really need to get a life.

I'd tend not to believe that story. They did pull through tests, and SHOULD have noticed any clearance problems then

Clearance envelopes might not be the issue though.

It could be that the flexibility of the track is greater than expected and the movement or vibrations are causing the mountain sculpture work to break.

Not that I believe it anyway. There are photos of people taking test rides. They only put living, breathing, easily-splattable people on test rides when EVERYTHING is safe

Cerberus

Thanks a bunch for the pics and insider information. I'll buy you a Dole whip when I come out there in feburary!

I hope the trains don't destroy anymore of the themeing...

-Don

I hope you can catch technical rehearsals when you are out here -- that would be sweet timing.

j.

I find it hard to believe that they'd put theming or anything else close enough for the train to "tear up". They aren't complete amatuers. Not only would that be a major design flaw, but it would be an unsafe one. They would have caught something like this already, especially since people are riding it.

Wouldn't surprise me if they screwed something else up though. I know they were having a lot of problems getting the yeti to work.