TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Speaking of Pandora and Avatar, when I saw Holiday World announced the launched Wing Rider last week I couldn't help but think how awesome an attraction like that themed to Avatar would be. The dragon thingy's from the movie are a natural theme for the wing rider trains, and the ability for the ride to be launched seems like you could incorporate it into a show building for some interactive scenes, maybe have the ride inside and outside. The 52" height restriction is a bit much for Disney but maybe B&M could incorporate their new family coaster seats into the wing rider train (I don't know what the height restriction on the new B&M family invert is but I can't imagine they would market it as a family coaster unless it had a lower height restriction)

I've heard rumors in the past that B&M and Disney won't work together but I still can't help but think how awesome an attraction like this could be.

^^ omg totally the dragon theme would be amazing. Unfortunately Disney would not put a big high thrill coaster there. If they were to put a high thrill coaster somewhere, it would be at DHS

They always could. In fact Dueling Dragons was once planned for the exact same spot.

..and it was to be suspended, with bats holding cauldrons we were sitting in....

That was the original plan/rumor to my memory of it. And I still feel they could have

produced a really kick-butt ride, in reaction what IOA did. But, they bailed on it.

Not to mention the entire "land" they were planning for it all.

• 2 weeks later...

This might have been discussed already, but, when my family and I were recently at the Animal Kingdom, we thought we missed the Jammin' in the Jungle Parade but, as we now know, it was cancelled in June . . . my question is this, does anyone know why? Also, it has been stated that parade floats are now in that AMAZING Lion King show . . . what parade are these from? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom? Thanks . . .

The floats in the Lion King show are not from anywhere. They were designed and built for the show. As for why the parade was canceled, I dont really know. Probably low guest satisfaction, I thought it was the weakest parade offering at the whole resort.

I thought the reason the parade was cancelled was because of Avatar construction. I'm not sure though.

The floats in the Lion King show are not from anywhere. They were designed and built for the show. As for why the parade was canceled, I dont really know. Probably low guest satisfaction, I thought it was the weakest parade offering at the whole resort.

I thought the reason the parade was cancelled was because of Avatar construction. I'm not sure though.

Yep

^^The four floats in the Festival of the Lion King were actually brought in from Disneyland, as they were previously used in The Lion King Celebration Parade.

The elephant one looks the same, but the others don't seem familiar. They look like the same design, but all on a smaller scale.

Thanks everyone, perhaps they will bring back a revamped parade after the Avatar expansion, I inquired a cast member about the cranes in the area of Animal Kingdon and the cast member told me they were at Epcot . . . could that be right? Are Animal Kingdom and Epcot that close together or did I see Avatar construction and the cast member couldn't tell me about the Avatar construction . . . tomorrow, I will Youtube the Disneyland Lion King parade and see if I can recognize the Animal Kingdom Lion King show floats . . . going back to sleep now . . . thanks again . . . here's a Disney trivia question, has anyone ever seen a Disney cast member clean out a garbage bin at the Magic Kingdom? yes or no . . . if you answered no, do you know why . . . zzzzz . . .

Thank you, Morgan, now I know that I indeed did see the Avatar construction. SharkTums, there is nothing wrong with my grammar and too my knowledge, I have never made a spelling mistake on this forum as I proof-read all my posts before actually posting them and then I proof-read it again. If you had a problem with my ellipses, then you would not like my punctuation, not grammar or spelling. Ellipses, today, are being used to make posts seem longer, for example - I saw my girlfriends today dot dot dot, or they can be used to skip over an offensive word, for example - what the .... are you doing? Niether of which is what I use it for. I use it as if you were actually talking to me as I don't really like talking through text, so for example, If I'm writing when I'm tired, it would look something like this - I'm . . . feeling . . . tired . . . now . . . zzzzz. I didn't leave out grammar or make a spelling mistake, you see? It's just like a pause in my speech, and has nothing to do with punctuation, grammar or spelling, and even if someone is having trouble with punctuation, grammar or spelling, as a site administrator, you shouldn't be descriminating against someone who didn't do well in english class, just saying, I was at the top of my english class and won many spelling bees . . . remember, as a site administrator, you should have a sense a humor or in Canada, we have a sense if humour. HA! I just made a funny . . .

^I'm not just a site admin, it's my site. If you want to stay here, play nice. It may be acceptable to you or Canada or this new Idiocracy World we live in to use a million ... in your writing but it's not here. Last warning.

Edited by SharkTums

Thank you, Morgan, now I know that I indeed did see the Avatar construction. SharkTums, there is nothing wrong with my grammar and too my knowledge, I have never made a spelling mistake on this forum as I proof-read all my posts before actually posting them and then I proof-read it again. If you had a problem with my ellipses, then you would not like my punctuation, not grammar or spelling. Ellipses, today, are being used to make posts seem longer, for example - I saw my girlfriends today dot dot dot, or they can be used to skip over an offensive word, for example - what the .... are you doing? Niether of which is what I use it for. I use it as if you were actually talking to me as I don't really like talking through text, so for example, If I'm writing when I'm tired, it would look something like this - I'm . . . feeling . . . tired . . . now . . . zzzzz. I didn't leave out grammar or make a spelling mistake, you see? It's just like a pause in my speech, and has nothing to do with punctuation, grammar or spelling, and even if someone is having trouble with punctuation, grammar or spelling, as a site administrator, you shouldn't be descriminating against someone who didn't do well in english class, just saying, I was at the top of my english class and won many spelling bees . . . remember, as a site administrator, you should have a sense a humor or in Canada, we have a sense if humour. HA! I just made a funny . . .

The word "English" is always capitalized, by the way. Perhaps you skipped class the day they discussed proper nouns.

• 1 month later...
Avatar is located down a long and hidden path way that is blocked by walls. No one will ever have pics of the construction unless is a large crane seen from the parking lot.

Or since this is Disney . . .

Edited by cfc

^Haha, that's awesome.

Seems like if I remember correctly you can get a decent view of that section from the cast member parking lot which is just at the edge of the regular parking lot. I bet if you did little snooping around the edges of the parking lot (all still guest areas) you could get a decent glimpse of whats going on. I was there earlier this summer and remember seeing a crane and some fairly visible land clearing.