TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Possibly the rest of the week... My friend who works at the park said he got a letter stating it would be 'dark' the 13th and the 14th and the ride opening is tentative the rest of the week. I really wish I knew the chances of it opening tomorrow, but thats the name of the game I guess since the ride isnt officially open .

^^ thanks for the pics.

I personally think that they could do a bit more the EE's first part fo the ride after the small lift-hill. IMO It seems a bit boring and pointless.

They should have taken some lessons from DLP's version of BTM....now thats a great way to start a ride.

Hey Jose ( or anyone who knows ), I was wondering if you have heard if EE was going to be running on Sun the 19th. I'm gonna be doing the park hopper thing and really want to check it out, but if it's not running, I might just skip AK altogether. Or I'll probably just go and risk it anyway. I just would feel better if I had a heads up.

Any idea??

Thanks

P All

^^ thanks for the pics.

I personally think that they could do a bit more the EE's first part fo the ride after the small lift-hill. IMO It seems a bit boring and pointless.

They should have taken some lessons from DLP's version of BTM....now thats a great way to start a ride.

I am hoping that once some of the trees get larger over the next few years, this section will be a bit better.

Not to mention, how to end it all, LOLOL.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hey Jose ( or anyone who knows ), I was wondering if you have heard if EE was going to be running on Sun the 19th.l

Are you going to be at a resort? Check out their little flyer they give out for the week (or is it everyday).

If not, ask someone at guest services -- I would just say go for it...but look at the board before you head over there -- if the ride is posted, its running (no point going all the way back there).

J.

Its funny, because that section between the lift hills may be my favorite part of the ride (besides the bird!!)

I haven't ridden it yet, so I am just going on what I have seen in the videos. It just seems a bit....dull and silly. And what is with the bird anyways? What's it's purpose?

Having attended the passholder preview a few weeks ago (I live in east Orlando) I must say that as a ride it was good, maybe very good but not great. As a roller coaster it wasn't too impressive, but if you're expecting a hard core roller coaster you'll be dissapointed. It's a ride, not a roller coaster. If you want a roller coaster go hit up Montu and Shiekra at Busch Gardens. And I agree with the posts here that say I wish I had seen more of the yeti, you turn the corner and blow by him three seconds later.

. And what is with the bird anyways? What's it's purpose?

Um "the bird" has a name stupids2! Its Shaniqua Chantall, and she's there to scare other birds off the twisted mangled track.

I havn't riden the thing in a while -- but part of me wants to go tomorrow late -- NIGHT RIDE...errr....!!

(you see the yeti a lot better)

Well, I finally got to ride it, and it totally suprised the hell out of me. The theming was of course excellent, and there are so many minute details. I especially appriciated how they carried over the 'railroad track' theming of the coaster track thoughout the whole entire ride. The ride was not rough in the least!!

The backwards section was nice. Here and there I was able to see some scaffolding holding up the mountain, but it wasnt a big deal.

The projection was nothing like what I saw on the video.. I was expecting to pull backwards into a smaller room and stare at a flat screen, but instead I got a huge open room with the shadow of the yeti projected very large onto the rocks in the room. Of course, I only paid attention to the projection once, as you could see the track 'switching' clear as day in front of you from any seat in the train. Its really cool to just see the track in front of you flip over like that..

On to the yeti.. Supposedly, he wasnt working how he should. It was very dark in the room, and there were a few strobe lights lighting him up. He looked to me like he was moving, but we were told that he wasnt. I havent had the chance to compare what I saw to the way its supposed to be, but honestly to me what I saw was convincing enough, and the yeti was still impressive. Since the length of time you see the yeti is so short, That made me think.. Disney could chose this option fo the yeti, and spent what they would have spent on the anamatronic to theme the backside of the mountain (okay, after seeing it in person, it is bothersome, especially since you can clearly see the warehouse from within the park at some angles!)

Something felt like it was missing on the ride, though. I dont know. Maybe its more of a story line.. On this ride, It might have been cool to be herded into a pre-show room for a short backstory. Or if maybe if the trains had speakers in them, blaring some creepy adrenaline pumping music like the mummy.

Overall, I see myself looking into getting annual passes just because of this ride, because its that good.. It really cannot be compared to anything else, especially the Mummy. Hopefully there are more rides like this in Disneys near future!! *crosses fingers for 'Pride Mountain'*