TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

You know, I rode in the very back on monday -- that's why I made the retrack comment -- it was surprisingly rough.

I just don't like sitting up front anymore, one nasty screaming kid and I'm deaf!

(as it is I plug my ears in the overly loud blue light room at launch).

stupids2= j'taime BTMR at Paris too! (#2 fav disney coaster?)

I've read a lot of complaints about the unfinished backside of Expedition Everest and now I'm really curious as to what it really looks like. Does anyone have a pic they can post? However, if looking at the unfinished butt of EE is going to be full of spoilers, then nevermind, I don't want to see it.

Oh, and by the way, I DID try to search for it first and got 248 threads, some of them with over 50 pages! I then thought it might be easier to just start a new thread specifically for this pic, or pics.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks. I guess I can understand what people mean. It does kind of ruin the illusion, doesn't it? Of course, if you can't see it from inside the park, that's a plus, but if you've already seen it from outside the park, I can imagine it would kind of stick in your head. Well, whatever. Thanks for posting.

Disney only has to commit to the "illusion" once you are in it's parks.

And that, they do excellently. They've done it that way with the orginal park for years, right?

Doesn't surprise me that people will actually take time out of their trip to complain about being able to see an (obvious) show building - from a parking lot.

What-ever.

Wow.. 100Mill couldnt afford theming to cover every visible area of the ride? Thats alot of money! Its like paying tons of money for plastic surgery only to look like the perfect person from the front, with a saggy arse..

The only people complaining are probably diehard disney fans, or enthusiasts. I would think they would complain only because the disney 'magic' is kind of ruined, and by their standards in the past it makes them look a little sloppy. Im sure thought that the GP doesnt pay enough attention to know that they are looking at E:E when they are driving through the parking lot. They are just excited to be going to AK.

I myself could care less if the whole ride looked like a warehouse.. as long as the coaster was fun!!

I agree it's not that big of a deal, but I still find it disappointing they didn't try to cover it more. I guess it's kind of hard to mask a 200 foot mountain. This is Disney though, I'm sure they could plant a lot of trees or something to block the view from that angle.

I myself could care less if the whole ride looked like a warehouse.. as long as the coaster was fun!!

Example: Indiana Jones Adventure DLR

Now that's a true warehouse building, heh heh.

Might as well include these two I found on the net.

(Pardon my double post, here.)

Ah, the dispair of knowing "the truth" about "the attraction."

Enjoy.

(And BTW - there were taken last summer, while The Mountain was still being built.)

everest_from_the_sky.jpg.a6a7a3000f3cafbc59515a720f9a3fa6.jpg

And a little bit closer.

1908898269_ExpEv_rearviewJUly2005..JPG.5c4039f355821ff8be74ac8fcd4acc03.JPG

From a far, far away....

Oh, I'm pretty sure they already took care of it in these past months, what with all the new trees coming in for planting...

And I think they painted it a brown color, yes anybody? On the back, there.

Now that's the shot we all need - a current back view shot "up close." There's a roadway (probably a workroad) that travels around it all.

Hmmm. Erik?

^^ Take a tip. Go to this link and check out good E:E vids...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

And also? Wait for several months or so, when it all '"grows in"? Part of the Attraction's Themeing is the landscaping.

And remember. It's a Disney Adventure. Not a thrill ride. Same as Indy Jones in DLR. And the ToT at WDW...

^^ Take a tip. Go to this link and check out good E:E vids...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

And also? Wait for several months or so, when it all '"grows in"? Part of the Attraction's Themeing is the landscaping.

And remember. It's a Disney Adventure. Not a thrill ride. Same as Indy Jones in DLR. And the ToT at WDW...

I Love Indy Jones (and even Dinosaur). I Love Tower of Terror. Heck, I love Mr. Toad and Car Toon Spin. I don't love EE. I guess you can say I mildly like EE.

As for the other poster asking about the meaty roller coaster section, IMO, EE never gets into a meaty coaster secton. Some people may argue that the coaster section between the Yeti projection and Yeti animatronic is meaty enoguh, but I don't think it is long or interesting enough to be considered "meaty."

Does E:E take a long time to really get to the meaty roller coaster part? It seems as if the ride does a lot of meandering and not a lot of thrilling... Isn't this a thrill ride?

Oh well, at least it's pretty.

There is no "meaty" part. Meandering is it's middle name.