TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

^I don't think Robb was trying to talk up our videos...I thnk it's moreso he just gets really frustrated watching bad videos.

I think that this new one is at least better, but I did have a laugh myself when the train wasn't even moving and yet the camera was shaking!

Heck, maybe the ride is hard to film, but maybe it's also a case of people just riding once, and rushing to get a video up? In my opinion it takes at least 3 or 4 rides to get a good POV:

-One ride to learn about it, know the forces, etc.

-One to film a complete POV

-One for the indoor sections (maybe night shot, etc.)

-One to get some of the surroundings down

Please don't get discouraged from what Robb wrote...he's just really picky! We all learn somehow!

Yeah, I'm not talking up OUR videos (because we certainly do have our share of mediocre ones!) I'm just talking up BAD videos that people talk up to be GOOD videos!

I am picky. But that's how people get better at taking videos. Our video contests are a perfect example of that. We WANT people to produce KICK ASS videos, and we're here to hopefully help people reach that goal!

--Robb

^ Hey Robb,

I don´t wanted to say something bad about anything! I know how you make your videos, because I have seen it by myself last year! I also know that your standard of coaster videos is very high! I only wanted to say that you are right and that I am really looking forward for a good video of EE, maybe made by you!

--Sören

I just happened to be at Animal Kingdom yesterday, had no idea there was a Cast Member preview scheduled, and had no tickets. But they let us in with one Disneyland Cast ID who could bring in unlimited guests to ride. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Great ride and pretty smooth, but those seats in the train are uncomfortable. Wait time was posted as 50 mins. Free sunshades for Florida Cast only, not for us... back in California now.

This is the first video I saw, and I'm ok with the ride. The ride seems to suffer a bit from "not knowing what it wants to be", if you know what I mean. Part of it wants to be a ride big on story, like Splash, Indy, etc. And the other part of it wants to be big on expirence/ride, like Big Thunder or the Matterhorn--therefore, it has trouble identifying with either style. And it just isn't long enough to establish "a league of its own". Lol...but I am definitely still looking forward to it.

God, how annoying was that girl in the rcpro video! She made me want to get out my OJ gloves for real.

"Leave the guy alone! Let him film in peace woman!!"

I thought the video was allright, it was probably his first/only ride. No one wants to wait 50min each time during cast previews just to get a solid POV. It's definately better than the last one I saw.

-Don "Can't wait for 'Rockit Yeti' mountain this summer" Garrison

Hey, after allllll this time about it - we're alllll still posting about these vids, so I guess they were successful, for the time being, for intended purpose. A look-see, as best as they could do it, on a first-try.

IMhO.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Looking to forward to alllll of youse gois and gallls vids. Hey, maybe that could be a good vid contest to have at the end of summer, or so? A 2-3 minute of the ride experience itself, sound included, and/or music over. Best vid gets to be called the TPR E:E 'Conquest' Winner!

Hmmm?

I guess that's what kind of annoys me. It seems like everyone is trying to "justify" the crappiness of the videos because they are a 'first look'.

I've been to cast previews, I've done the 'behind the scenes' filming, and I can tell you that it doesn't take THAT much more effort to produce a really good video. Just because it's a "preview" doen't mean you can't put forth the same effort as you would during a normal operating day.

I see a video like that, and then see the comments that follow and I begin to think to myself "maybe I just put WAY too much effort into it, if a video like this is good enough....."

--Robb "Just my thoughts..." Alvey

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought EE was going to feature some new tech/design that was supposed to provide a smoother ride?

My take based on the 'good' video: it does seem short. It does seem like BTM, albeit with a 'nice' sized drop. I expected... racing in and out of caverns, waterfalls, more... Matterhorn. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the theming of the track itself is a little too perfect, doesn't look weathered or worn, except for the section torn-up by the Yetti, a nice touch. The Yetti is spectacular. I really like the engine being in the rear of the train, so as not to spoil the view from the front seats like BTM.

Just my observations.

I had the chance to experience Expedition Everest today during the Cast Previews. We waited about 20 minutes for our first adventure. My friend's got front seat and I was in the second. It was pretty much amazing. I'm not gonna spoil it (but I'm sure some people have) but its just SO good. Like, wow. The line is amazing. The ride is amazing. GO NOW.

When we pulled into the unload station, a manager came up to the four of us and was like "I wish I had a camera to take a picture of your faces after the ride. Your mouth was open so wide that I could see your tonsils." Hehe. We chatted with Michael for a bit before bidding adeu. As we were about to walk away, he said "Do you guys want to ride again?!" "SURE!" So, he gave us Fastpasses with a 10 AM time, so we could use them anytime that day.

So, just before park closing, we got back on with our Fast Passes. We walked RIGHT on. Literally. It was incredible yet again.

I can't believe I got to ride twice and it was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, get here soon. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

*Snore*

(That means I just rode it)

Hop in the back and expect big G's when it goes backwards. Otherwise, start lowering your expectations now. Prior to today, I didn't think it was possible for an 80 foot drop to feel more like 15 feet. I also didn't think an animatronic that can only move it's head and one arm could be hyped so much.

I was wrong.

Hey, for those who have ridden EE, do you consider yourself a coaster enthusiast (or freak) or not?

I just want to see if my prediction (general public will love it, coaster fans will be underwhelmed) is coming to light this early in the ride's life.

^^^I'm sorry it ruined your day. Perhaps you were realy just upset the Broncos lost. (Ha Ha) Perhaps your lithium perscription ran out? I don't know. However I'm sure the ride is has more pep than your enthusiasm about it.

In other news. I am in full agreement with Robb about the ride vids. The people seemed so rushed to get their vid on line that they failed to put any sort of production value into them at all. My god! At the very least cover annoying banter with some sort of music bed. I fealt that half the time I was staring at an auto Iris trying to judge the light properly. Also, If your going to give me a POV, and only have one chance to get it. Go as wide as the camera can and turn off the auto focus. Whatever you do. Do not zoom in with the camera to accentuate speed, unless you know what your doing, and are trying to design a specific shot.

I get an idea of what the ride is like. But the videos so far are all just unedited crap.

Guy "Hows that for an honest opinion." Koepp

I can't believe I got to ride twice and it was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, get here soon. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I am looking for sponsors now…

Anybody, let me know and 'll send my bank information... why was I born so far away from WDW

The coaster videos are all bad. I mean even mine suck.

For those saying the ride is short. Believe me, weirdly enough it gets longer each time you ride it. i.e. it gets more satisfying.

Its a vekoma and it is rough btw. CS at DCA at opening was a lot smoother than this coaster.

I just dont get it...I havent read anywhere where these people are saying they are "professional videographers" and they have the best videos in the world. Im not trying to insult anyone or anything like that but everyone isnt going to run out and buy the top of the line camera equipment and lip stick cams to make the "best evar!!11!!" video out there. I appreciate these people for their effort to give someone like me a chance to check out the coaster and get a general idea of what to expect before I get a chance to experience it. I could see if these people were trying to make a profit off of their work then that would be different. Its a way to say someone's video sucked and it wasn't up to "your" expections so to speak but geesh its just a coaster video, its not a multimillion dollar blockbuster. So to the people who are providing the videos, I wanna say thanks for giving me the chance to see what the coaster is all about and your efforts as well as your videos are greatly appreciated.

Jarvis "wow...what a coaster community we live in... " Morant...

I just dont get it...I havent read anywhere where these people are saying they are "professional videographers" and they have the best videos in the world.

What I'm seeing is websites boasting they have the "FIRST LOOK EXCLUSIVE" which, in MY mind says if you're going to boast about something, and spam it across every newsgroup you can find, back it up with something HOT!

Im not trying to insult anyone or anything like that but everyone isnt going to run out and buy the top of the line camera equipment and lip stick cams to make the "best evar!!11!!"

That's such a misconception. You don't NEED a top of the line camera or lipstick camera to make a good video. Anyone that thinks they do doesn't know much about shooting video. Hell, most of the equipment we use is actually BOTTOM of the line cheap or even used stuff!

But you're right, Jarmor. The videos don't say they are "good", they just say they are "first."

So it's kind of like someone boasting about their pre-release copy of star wars on DVD, and it turns out to be some piece of s**t where someone snuck a camera in the theater and what you see is mostly the back of someones head and audio quality that rivals most telephone conversations.

I'll wait for the DVD release, thank you!

Again, your comments just make me think that if this is "good enough" for the coaster community why bother putting the extra effort into something?

--Robb "Perhaps I just need to lower my standards." Alvey