TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

I guess I'm the downer with my not 100% positive review/opinion.

Is EE fun? Yeah it is.

Is it the best Disney coaster? Not in my opinion, give me Matterhorn, Space Mt (DL), or BTMRR over EE anyday.

I'm looking foward to when more people have gotten to ride it. I have a feeling quite a few people's opinions will be close to mine.......

It is, after all, a FAMILY ride, so don't expect a ton of thrills. If you think it'd be the most thrilling, I'd be willing to bet that Cali. Screamin, RnRC, and Space Mt. (paris) are all more thrilling. I'd expect that this is a little more geared twords overall experience than thrills.

I still expect more from an E ticket.

And rides like Matterhorn and Space Mt (DL and hey, even MK) are family attractions too, and I honestly find them more thrilling than EE.

But like I said, I just want to see more opinions once more people ride this.

And remember, I'm not saying I hate the ride, just that it could have been better.

I think the double helix would for me make it better than all the other rides Disney has. I love helicies and that thing looks quite sweet.

Plus I also enjoy detailed themeing. Eye candy doesnt make a ride better tech wise but can make it more enjoyable.

I look forward to whenever I find myself in Disney again...

slacking: the trains I were on -- some of them gave ovations at the end of the ride -- I didn't hear one negative thing about the ride while I was there or listening to folks get off during the contracor preview.

But I'm not a coaster nut (can't believe you said DLR's SM is preferred over even WDW'! that's blasphemy in my book! lol). If you are, then well, probably little satisfies your standards.

Its hard to judge...its a 100 million coaster with 2 sets of double helixes, the track alone if by itself probably wouldn't cost more than 15 million....so, guess where that money went -- themeing.

There were multiple re-rides the other night.

Even Al Lutz went 3 x the other morning (gosh it must have been last week already).

J.

p.s. the 2nd Hi Def video is up

http://homepage.mac.com/joseveber

slacking: the trains I were on -- some of them gave ovations at the end of the ride -- I didn't hear one negative thing about the ride while I was there or listening to folks get off during the contracor preview.

But I'm not a coaster nut (can't believe you said DLR's SM is preferred over even WDW'! that's blasphemy in my book! lol). If you are, then well, probably little satisfies your standards.

Its hard to judge...its a 100 million coaster with 2 sets of double helixes, the track alone if by itself probably wouldn't cost more than 15 million....so, guess where that money went -- themeing.

There were multiple re-rides the other night.

Oh, I heard tons of ovations when I rode (rode a total of 6 times) and from trains entering the exit platform while I was at the loading station.

I also heard tons of raves when I was in the gift shop and in the Everest area in general. I liked it, but not enough to rave on and on about. It's not a good sign when my first thought at the end of my first ride was "Hmmm.... I'm not quote sure how I felt about that ride."

And yeah, I do think DLR's SM is better than WDW's (haven't even ridden DLR's updated version.) But thats whats great, we can all have our own opinions no matter how different they are. I'm just curious to hear more opinions of enthusiasts.

Just watched both videos and I'm impressed. It saddens me though, that some, probably a lot of people are just going to stand in line and not truly take in the breadth and scope of the theming that the Disney Imagineers put into the entire ride, queue included. They will just focus on getting onto the ride. With that being said, the queue looks awesome! I have always loved walking through Disney's queues and this seems like more of the same. Thanks for sharing the videos for us who don't have the luxury of being so close to Disney World!

ahecht:

There are some great pictures of the Yeti over at JimHillMedia:

http://jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1815

Dear god! What if you woke up in the middle of the night and that thing was standing over your bed? I would seriously cry like a bitch.

Agreed, I would probably also piss myself. That is SCARY!

WOAH!!! That is the perfect picture for us to make a disney screamer.

Like, for example, make a flash screamer where it asks the viewer to look for a hidden mickey in the picture, then while they are looking close at the screen the picture will pop up and there will be a loud roar noise!

Lots of talk about that on the internet.

The reality is, you see it a lot longer than the video shows it. a) the camera wasn't in focus and b) it wasn't pointing in the correct direction.

Its long enough to have you coming back but short enough where you don't get sick of it or laugh at it.

The video doesn't do the ride justice, as any ride through video won't (well, except R & E's ).

I mean my queue videos suck compared to the real thing. you have to be there and even then its hard to judge.

Screengrabs:

It kinda looks like a furby just fell into the secret ooze and this is what happen. For some reason it doesnt look scary to me...

I thought the same thing. It looks ridiculously cheesy and cartoonish for an AA that was supposed to be so scary. I don't think fluid movements are going to make it anymore intimidating.

And what exactly is he holding onto? A big broken box suspended in the middle of a mountain? Huh?