TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

Yeah, I dont mind if people are screaming, as long as they have a reason. Nobody likes an obnoxious screamer. Like many people have said, it helps add to the atmosphere.

I myself am more of a "whoo" guy. I enjoy my ride experience and I vocalize that. First time I rode Thunderhead at Dollywood I was laughing hysterically and "whoo"-ing from start to finish. It was a good time.

I only scream on drop towers and "big anxiety inducing" coasters that I'm riding for the first time and not knowing what to expect.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when people scream on rides but only if it's genuine. I like it when people scream heading down drops and in loops. Too many of my friends are coaster nerds who don't make a peep on rides anymore, so hearing a genuine scream is fun.

But I don't like obnoxious screaming for screaming's sake. Some idiots were doing that behind me on Voyage once, and I had to plug my ears the entire ride.

Not bothersome at all - even if constant - IF, it is real... Case in point - little girl (probably 8 or 9) on the Raven a couple weeks ago behind us screamed the whole way and it wasn't annoying at all, although I admit the lift hill "talk" made her somewhat adorable. It followed as such:

As we left started up the lift she gave a small scream followed by an "Oh my gosh!"... then paused and looked at her dad and said in the most innocent voice "Daddy, are you going to tell mommy if I accidentally take the Lord's name in vain?"

There are certain screams that are so annoying I want to punch people in the face. However, 99% of the time it is perfectly fine. I think a ride where everyone was perfectly silent would be really weird. It almost seems like it adds to the intensity of the experience a bit.

I dislike it, but I try not to let it bother me--especially if it's someone's natural reaction, and not just two 13-year old girls who think it's funny to see how long and obnoxiously they can keep it up.

/Can you feel my non-bitterness?

I don't mind it as long as they're not just screaming to be screaming and annoying. Like my friend who used to hate (until I took her to Busch Gardens) coasters was screaming genuinely, so it didn't bother me, because she wasn't trying to be an annoying teenaged girl and scream to see how many people she could annoy.

Now I know this may annoy some of you, but when I'm with a group of friends we'll do the cheering and hollering on the lift, and throughout the ride, but not ear-piercing shrieking, other than that I'm quiet on a coaster unless I'm talking to someone.

I just think it's funny, that's one of the things I automatically think of when coasters pop into my head: screams. It's also really funny when people scream when they lift you into flying positions in flying coasters.

So all-in-all, it doesn't bother me at all.

When I think of screams, I think of women. When I think of women plus screams, I think of something not roller coasters. Let the screams continue!!

Besides that, there were younger girls on a ride, and they are talking about how they are going to fake scream, and that's just not right in my opinion. Can they eject them out of the park? They are fake screaming. I mean why? Scream for real, or don't scream at all. That's the only thing that annoys me.

I don't hate it when they scream, but I do hate it when they're screaming so loudly and so much that it gets to the point where I just say "It's not that bad! Just stop it!" I said something like that to a woman when I was on the Disko Flashback (Wild Waves' Standard Zamperla Disko ride) and she was kinda annoyed. She just said shut up lightly and continued on screaming. Typical pathetic Washington GP.

I don't hate it when they scream, but I do hate it when they're screaming so loudly and so much that it gets to the point where I just say "It's not that bad! Just stop it!" I said something like that to a woman when I was on the Disko Flashback (Wild Waves' Standard Zamperla Disko ride) and she was kinda annoyed. She just said shut up lightly and continued on screaming. Typical pathetic Washington GP.

WTF? She told YOU to shut up, but then carried right on screaming for screaming's sake herself? I would have smacked that b***h.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who is screaming on a coaster.

Same here.

But what really bugs me is when anyone over 15 screams like a crazy on a kiddie coaster. Unless of course they find kiddie coasters thrilling...

I'm DEFINITELY not guilty of that one...

(Cause I don't scream THAT loud )

I find:

Screaming in tunnels=loud fun

Screaming out of the station=Can be annoying, but doesnt bother me

High pitched scream the whole ride=Go die.

Yes especially the ones that have an ear piercing scream. There was this girl who had the worst ear piercing scream-during the whole ride who was sitting right behind me on Space Mountain. I was so annoyed. I just wanted to turn around & slap her! That totatally ruined my ride!