TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm gonna say is, if you're at WDW during a cheer competition, be prepared for some temporary hearing loss.....

Cheerleading days are the not hearing friendly days at any park.

Nailed it. Sometimes you're just in the wrong seat in front of the wrong teenage girls.

• 4 years later...
I literally made an account to reply to this...

all I have to say is watch this video (similar to the other video linked here)

people like this can truly ruin the ride for everyone.

This is the perfect example of why some parks have been making people use lockers, cell phone out the entire time which I don't know how the staff didn't see and her bag almost came off. She needs to be put in a locker and left there.

How the f*ck did she get on with a phone out AND a bag strapped around her? CP ride-ops for the lose.

I like how she started the video saying hi to her grandma and then proceed to curse up a storm the whole rest of the video. Super classy.

As for the initial question I don't really care if people scream on rides, I personally don't but that's just me. I do however hate it when people are screaming out words that are typically considered crude or inappropriate constantly on rides. Not so much for myself (I can ignore pretty much everything and that's fine with me) but I wish people were more aware of the fact that they are around children constantly at amusement parks who will copy just about everything they hear. That's my only real complaint.

I love when people scream on roller coasters or log flumes when they go down the hill, it adds a bit of atmosphere. I love whenever I watch a ride from the distance, and I hear the guests on a rollercoaster/log flume screaming. Hearing the screams of the riders whenever a ride launches is another one of my favorite. It's why I love watching Rockin' Roller Coaster from the queue. I also love watching Splash Mountain or Dudley when a log full of screaming guests drops down.

Screaming is usually a symptom of a ride doing its job, so I think it's a good thing. I actually get a little bit puzzled when people are riding a kick-ass coaster and the train is totally silent before, during, and after the ride. One of my nieces had a mini growth spurt this year, so she now just makes the 48" cut, which has opened up a lot of new rides for her. I've come to discover that she screams authentically and adorably while having a good time on practically everything, and it makes rides even better just to watch her reactions. Put me down with the pro-screamers.

As for the initial question I don't really care if people scream on rides, I personally don't but that's just me. I do however hate it when people are screaming out words that are typically considered crude or inappropriate constantly on rides.

This is me. You are talking about me. Only its not just on rides, its all the time.

I think screaming and being loud is part of the park experience.

I remember being floored a few years back when one of the Scandia parks built a Skyscraper and kicked you off the ride if you screamed due to the park's proximity to a neighborhood.

As for the initial question I don't really care if people scream on rides, I personally don't but that's just me. I do however hate it when people are screaming out words that are typically considered crude or inappropriate constantly on rides.

This is me. You are talking about me. Only its not just on rides, its all the time.

Well at least you are consistent on and off rides haha.

There is a line where it starts to get annoying. Generally I love it when people are screaming on the rides, it shows their appreciation and you can learn a lot from that very simple act. But the kind that's pretended and done just for the sake of screaming annoys me because it is not sincere and it can potentially ruin the experience for other guests, just like flash photography on a dark ride.

Here is my second post on this topic because I had to sit in front of another girl that just kept screaming. It's a wonder why I didn't become deaf after the ride was over. They can just be as annoying as having to wait in a long line in front of whining crying kids that their own parent cannot bring under control. I think the park should provide duct tape to those who can't stop screaming ( I mean why not? NASA uses it to control astronauts if they go space crazy) . People who hoot and holler on the other hand: that's completely different; I do it all the time and it doesn't offend anyone. I think that's all I have to say and wishes to go to another topic.

The only screaming I find annoying is when you have teenage girls who for no reason are screaming their lungs out as the train slowly rolls out of the station and towards the lift. But other than that screaming is a part of the experience. I mean, who doesn't love walking up to the park gates and in the distance you can hear the roar of a rollercoaster combined with screams of joy and terror(*). For me that's a part of the parks "soundtrack" and adds to the experience.

(*except this means the park is open and you're not inside yet, that may not be something to love)

The only type of screaming on rides that annoys me is when there's a girl directly behind me screaming in my ear otherwise I really don't care and to be fair does anybody want anyone screaming in their ear behind them?