TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

I can tolerate most screaming, however, I once had a girl behind me scream at such a high-pitch throughout the ride that she both ruined the experience and gave me a sore ear. I felt like I just left a rock concert.

Of course, if you think screaming is bad, how about a guy who passes some gas right before the ride starts. I remember this happened years ago to me while on the Hay Baler at SFGA. The man ahead let one go and we spun around right into a very delightful smell. We renamed Hay-Baler, "Fart-Baler".

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, screaming guests are part of the reason I love Skyrush so much. As soon as the train gets yanked up and starts going at 20mph, people get so freaked out. It's hilarious, and it makes the wait in the station that much more entertaining.

Honestly, screaming guests are part of the reason I love Skyrush so much. As soon as the train gets yanked up and starts going at 20mph, people get so freaked out. It's hilarious, and it makes the wait in the station that much more entertaining.

Agreed, for a non-launch coaster, I can't think of another occasion when I've heard so many screams when a train is dispatched

Evidence (skip to 00:24):

I don't mind screaming on an attraction when it is acceptable (according to my personal definitions), but otherwise it irritates me.

Examples of acceptable screaming:

-Any reasonably thrilling part of a ride

-When something surprising happens on an attraction

-In response to an operator

Examples of unacceptable screaming:

-Before or during the lift hill and during or after the brake run of a coaster (limited exceptions apply)

-By older kids and adults on any family ride (excluding certain family coasters)

-When it is done intentionally just to annoy others

-When the attraction makes an unscheduled stop, especially after a notification announcement is made

-Not really screaming, but excessive profanities are also unacceptable in my opinion (occasional ones, like when first cresting the big drop of a coaster don't bother me, but people who just spew obscenities for the duration of the ride get on my nerves) (exceptions apply for particularly rough, painful, or uncomfortable rides)

^ This is a good example of funny screaming. I honestly don't care if people scream on rides, it makes the ride more fun sometimes. I scream sometimes- LOUDLY for fun, not because I'm scared. Anyways, people can't really can't control their emotions when their on a roller coaster, so things come out, whether they like it or not, screaming is just a natural instinct for some people.

What IS annoying is when during Fright Fest or Halloween Haunt, the GP get scared of those zombies, and they start screaming, running, and trying to push through you. it's kind of funny though sometimes, especially when it came to the Chainsaw guys, and this one big thing I saw.

I don't really mind people who are screaming on the drops or heading into an inversion. I get annoyed when they are screaming while going up the lift hill or while we are on a short brake run. I tend not to scream on coasters if anything I will just be like, "Oh My God" or "Woohoo".

Also as someone has previously mentioned, I can't stand when people curse nonstop throughout the whole entire ride. I was on El Toro with my friend and in the row behind us were these two guys who did not stop dropping F-Bombs the whole time. When we were getting off the ride we noticed in the car behind him was probably a boy around 10 years old with his mom. Just annoys me that people can curse the whole time and not realize they are on a ride with childern who can possibly hear you.

• 2 months later...

^ That is because they are just too cool to care.

I find that I don't hear or pay that much attention to screaming when I am on a ride but when watching a POV and hear all the screaming, that normally annoys me. I will switch to other videos if there is too much screaming going on.

If people scream on rides it's fine. If the same person screams as loud as they can through the entire ride, then it's annoying.

I would say this is a pretty reasonable answer that I can agree with. I really like it on the TPR trips when it's almost silent on the rides... That's nice.

Some kinds of screaming I understand, and some I don't. If someone screams because they're excited and having a good time, I love that! If someone screams because they are legitimately fearing for their life, that's great! If someone screams obscenities and pretends they're scared when really they're just a dumbass...I can't stand that. I also love getting whole trains of people super hyped about the ride and screaming in excitement!

Here's my opinion, I honestly don't care that much when the GP screams on rides, but there comes a point where they over exaggerate and I go, "Shut the f--- up". Like one time on Scream! at SFMM these girls like two rows behind me scrame the WHOLE ride through and I could not wait for the ride to finish 'cuz God so help me, I was about to get ready to sock the insides of those girls out.

I don't scream myself, and when I'm riding the ride, it doesn't bother me. However, when I'm just standing near the ride, screaming can get really annoying. But when it starts to bother you, just remember that those screaming are just ruining their voices