TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time, I was at Cedar Point riding the BLUE STREAK. The lines were long that day and I was mad after waiting in line to ride Raptor, but the damn thing breaks down due a computer glitch just when I was about to get on. So I finally get on the BLUE STREAK and the train finally dispatches when some young girl (probably at college age) starts screaming her head off, and she was sitting right behind me. I mean, she won't stop screaming and we haven't even reach the lift hill. Really steamed, I turned to her and yelled out:

"STOP THAT STUPID SCREAMING AND SHOW SOME COURAGE!!!"

"Er, what did she say to you?"

"Shall I leave out the bad words?"

"Please do"

"Then she didn't say anything!!!"

I wouldn't have mind if that scaredy cat of a girl started screaming when we were going down the first hill, but for her to start screaming like she did was uncalled for and it ruined my ride on the BLUE STREAK. As for myself, I cannot scream; it'll wreck my throat and vocal cords if I did.

Most of the time I don't really care...I'm not much of a screamer, I yell and whoop if I'm having fun and if I'm scared I'm silent. But there were these two pre-teen girls behind me on Boulder Dash who thought it was cute to alternately piercingly scream at the top of their lungs. I turned around and gave them a look and they shut up for a little and then started up again. So annoying!

I like to scream. Not obnoxious, more of a yell. It's fun.

The only thing I can't stand is the high pitched, ears bleeding, COMPLETELY unnecessary scream that little tweens do. It kills the entire ride. Even on Arrow and/or Vekoma, my ear drums are hurting more than my brain is.

Oh, and I do lots of little Wheeeeeeees and Ohhhhhhsss

I only yell....like prior to going down a drop.... or I may go woo hoo! or something like that but I don't scream like some rapist is chasing me or as if I am about to be murdered.

People who scream during drops is ok. Screaming throughout the duration of the ride is unnecessary.

One time people were screaming prior to reentering the station of Riddlers Revenge (SFMM) and I yelled "STFU" and they did exactly that.

If nobody screams then I think the ride isnt exciting. I dont scream because I am scared, its because its fun. Most of the time I scream when ithe coaster is:

-going up the lift

-going down any hills, even tiny ones

-going through a quick turn

-in a tunnel

-and when the train is stacked on the break run

LOL and its worse on inverted coasters because I like to kick my legs while screaming.

Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I scream on rides, it's a natural reaction kind of thing.

And I don't know why we're saying things like "I WANT TO PUNCH THOSE GIRLS WHO HAVE A REALLY HIGH SCREAM!"

How come they're not allowed to scream simply because it's not in the most convenient pitch for your delicate enthusiast ears?

I get that it's annoying if they're intentionally making it as high as possible but some girls just have a naturally high pitched scream which really isn't their fault at all. Get annoyed, I understand being annoyed but It's beyond me how you could get the urge to hit someone or get mad at them for it.

Constant screaming is annoying. I hate it more when GUYS intentionally PRETEND that they're super tough and they've got this uber manley gruff grumbly shout. RAAAAZCAHHAHGHHAGHAHHAHA.

All in all screaming usually doesn't bother me, like it's been said before, if it's a natural reaction.

I'm the crazy kind of screamer.

The kind of screamer that tells people as the coaster is leaving the station that their wheel is loose/falling off/missing etc. OR I'll usually make a gay/wincy scared sound leaving the station.

Then I usually yell like Goofy or yell because it makes the adrenaline rush just that more intense.

Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I scream on rides, it's a natural reaction kind of thing.

And I don't know why we're saying things like "I WANT TO PUNCH THOSE GIRLS WHO HAVE A REALLY HIGH SCREAM!"

How come they're not allowed to scream simply because it's not in the most convenient pitch for your delicate enthusiast ears?

I get that it's annoying if they're intentionally making it as high as possible but some girls just have a naturally high pitched scream which really isn't their fault at all. Get annoyed, I understand being annoyed but It's beyond me how you could get the urge to hit someone or get mad at them for it.

Constant screaming is annoying. I hate it more when GUYS intentionally PRETEND that they're super tough and they've got this uber manley gruff grumbly shout. RAAAAZCAHHAHGHHAGHAHHAHA.

All in all screaming usually doesn't bother me, like it's been said before, if it's a natural reaction.

AMEN

• 3 years later...

Depends really. If it's a normal scream, or an occassional shriek, just like genuine fear or joy, I'm fine with it. But if

they shriek constantly on purpose (I've been on way too many coasters where teen/college girls ruin the ride by shreiking constantly thinking that it's funny), then I get annoyed. I don't even get how someone could possibly think shreiking at the top of their lungs is so funny.

Let me describe my feelings about this with a story:

Last summer I visited Six Flags Fiesta Texas for the third time. The day started off nice and I got in a few early rides of the Superman and then wondered around the park with a friend. Later that day, I went to go ride Goliath since the line was relatively short. I sat down in the back row and two teenage girls sat next to me and my friend. Halfway up the lift hill one turns to us and says "Sorry to tell you this but we are screechers. Hope you don't mind" and they start giggling. As soon as the ride started going they started screaming their heads off in an insanely high pitch just to annoy the riders around them. By the time we got off my ears hurt and were ringing and continued to do so for another hour or so.

I honestly hate screechers but I am fine with normal screaming. If the girls had been screaming just because they were scared it would've been fine but just doing it to irritate others bothers me. The perfect ride for me though is an empty train all to myself with no one to bother me so I can just enjoy the fluidity of the ride experience. I more just "Woohoo" on rides some rather than scream than scream.

Edited by Zem

For me, if the coaster is good enough, I get too lost in the thrill to even notice others around me. I'm not even so sure if I scream or not on rides. It all boils down to people enjoy things in different ways, and as long as we're all having fun with the same common interest.....who cares? The only time screaming gets to me is when the person is purposely trying to annoy the people around them with their shrill.

EDIT: ^Wow...that is annoying. Chances are I wouldn't have noticed if I myself was on that ride being hoisted up 300 feet, but I do agree there is a fine line between enjoying oneself and making noise for the sake of making noise.

Edited by VinTheAttendant