TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, JG-77 said:

Just for fun I ran the numbers, and if my calculations are correct it would need to complete a full revolution a little over every 1.5 seconds to go more than 70mph!

In actuality, each rotation takes about 4 seconds at full speed, for a top speed of approx 27mph.

Note for my calculations I'm assuming a 50ft diameter (measured with google map's measure distance tool).

That seems about right. I also ran some numbers and at 75mph and a 21m diameter, I'm coming up with slightly more than 10 G's. 27mph sounds safer. 😂

21 hours ago, JG-77 said:

Just for fun I ran the numbers, and if my calculations are correct it would need to complete a full revolution a little over every 1.5 seconds to go more than 70mph!

In actuality, each rotation takes about 4 seconds at full speed, for a top speed of approx 27mph.

Note for my calculations I'm assuming a 50ft diameter (measured with google map's measure distance tool).

Well everyone, we found him.  The biggest nerd on TPR.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tndank said:

This one gets nuts around 5:20.  Seems to be making to be making it around ~ 2.5s.   

I fully expect Knoebels to run theirs like this and I absolutely cannot f*cking wait.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Meh, I found Cesari's (yes, from the right spot) to be mediocre at best.  Good for amusement park pizza, I guess, but still doesn't hold a candle to Mack's, Jonuzi's, or 3 Brothers (Seaside).

• Thanks 1

^^ So, who is the new 'brand name' for the pizza place? Or is it the dough itself renamed? I'm not sure what I'm asking. 🤪

(BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ? )

4 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ?

What I posted there is actually this thing we call a screenshot. That post is essentially a screen capture of a Facebook post the park made and unfortunately we're not quite at the point of being able to click on links embedded into an image, so in order for you to actually go to that link there you'd have to type those exact characters into your web browser which in theory should take you to the post on Knoebels website. Best of luck!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, boldikus said:

And the freaking pickles-on-a-stick. Good lord.

I care about the Cheese on a Stick !   (tho I have heard that over the past several years, Totem Treats wasn't always reliably open).

as to those who were unimpressed with Cesari's ?   All I can say is that you must have had the Deep Dish version.
(and I have to give Credit to Robb. . who, when he saw that I was getting a slice of Deep Dish, told me that I really need to get a  "regular" slice too. . . wow, what a difference.   The deep dish is really very average, but the original/regular slice?  really amazing pizza. . not just for a theme park, but in general).

I hope the place that replaces Cesari's uses the same recipes. ..I mean, if they are retiring?  might as well pass on the recipes to the new place!

8 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

^^ So, who is the new 'brand name' for the pizza place? Or is it the dough itself renamed? I'm not sure what I'm asking. 🤪

(BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ? )

now, Bill. . . we've GOT to get you into the modern age 😛

57 minutes ago, bert425 said:

as to those who were unimpressed with Cesari's ?   All I can say is that you must have had the Deep Dish version.
(and I have to give Credit to Robb. . who, when he saw that I was getting a slice of Deep Dish, told me that I really need to get a  "regular" slice too. . . wow, what a difference.   The deep dish is really very average, but the original/regular slice?  really amazing pizza. . not just for a theme park, but in general).

Nope, it was the standard thin crust.  Guess I'm just spoiled by what NJ has to offer.

14 hours ago, boldikus said:

so in order for you to actually go to that link there you'd have to type those exact characters into your web browser which in theory should take you to the post on Knoebels website.

Or.... if you are on newer versions of Android, you can perform witchcraft and toggle to the "app switcher" screen, hit "select" at the bottom, and voila now you can click or copy/paste/search/launch text or URLs from a screenshot or anything else on the screen. But then again, who's on Android....

[/that guy]

Screenshot_20220426-205345.thumb.png.18942b461c9e9691eff4009f1cb90a99.png

Screenshot_20220426-205310.thumb.png.0eb029065ed80ca07943cbee1b70266f.png

You can even do it on my screenshot of a screenshot.

Reaction Mind Blown GIF by Debby Ryan

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they are running Flying Turns this year? I don't think it opened at all last year. I am planning a road trip and that is the difference of adding Knoebels or passing it by since I have never succeeded on getting on it. I mean I know even if they are running it sometimes it will be closed a lot of the days anyway, but we love the rest of the park and it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking the app all season, I don't believe Flying Turns is open. I do believe it's possible it opens later this summer though as it is one of only a few closed rides most of the time.

I really wish they gave Looper higher priority for staffing, as it's much rarer than many of the flats they staff every day. 

^ yeah.  but they have to staff the more popular stuff.

looper never seems all that full, when I've been there.

• 3 weeks later...

^I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but either way it works for me.  Add Cesari's to the top of the "Pizza that is clearly no where near good enough to be in a park of this high calibur" list.

Knoebel's and Holiday World at the top of my list.  But man, dat pizzas baad!!

I still don't get this Cesari's hype. Growing up with Macks, Jonuzi's (Atlantic City) and 3 Brothers (Seaside), I wasn't that impressed with the last Alice I had from Cesari's. 

Plenty of things that aren't necessarily the best of the best become cult favorites. A lot of the love is probably due to longevity and the atmosphere of being in the park, memories of days gone by, etc.  More than just taste. 

• Like 1