TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

You could hit all the coasters in one day, but that would be doing Knoebles a disgrace. You should spend one full day at Knoebles minimum. I spent 1.5 days and still had plenty left to do.

we were there well over 14 hours, and it still wasn't enough

(and that was with exclusive ride time - pre opening on all the coasters, and post closing on Phoenix. . so we rode the crap out of the coasters and I spent the majority of the day on other things, and STILL wanted more).

Dorney you can hit everything in an hour or two.. but plan full day for Knoebels.

One full day at Knoebels. Get there at opening. Stay until close. You'll be able to do everything, have plenty of time for re-rides, and leave wanting more in a good sort of way. Any less and you'll regret it.

From our own experience: Full day at Knoebel's. We only could squeeze it in on a trip from Niagara Falls to NYC. We're still regretting it. We only could spend some hours on a full sunday in July and were only able to do roughly ten rides and could only eat one time. Both was waaaaay to less.

Our plan for the future (whenever it will be): Drive there the evening before our visit, eat there dinner (and a dessert), do some rides in the night, go to hotel, spend a wohle day from open to close, go to hotel, do "breakfast" there and hit some less rides, head up to Hershey.

Just chiming in to agree with what everyone else is saying.

Sure, on paper, if you're a credit whore, you can easily do Dorney and Knoebels on the same day.

...but just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD!

Spend the full day at Knoebels, you won't regret it.

Just piling on here. My daughter and I pretty much only ride coasters. We planned a day split between Dorney and Knoebels on a trip last year. We ended up at Dorney the night before and got our fill there in a couple of hours. Since we had a full day for it, we spent more time at Knoebels than any other park on that trip. I expected to go in and ride Phoenix, Twister, Impulse, and Flying Turns and boogie on out of there. Didn't happen.

I could ride Phoenix all day. We will be getting wristbands with coasters next trip, which will be this summer. When I asked if she minded going back to Knoebels (we are trying to hit as many new parks as possible each trip), she said, "Heck no. It's like the best park ever."

This is coming from someone who visited 13 parks last year and did a total of two flat rides. I was skeptical of all the advice given here about Knoebels. Now, I'm a believer.

If you go during a hot day a cure for the common butt sweat is to dip in the pool for 30 minutes or so. I wasn't keen on it and we only did that in mid-late afternoon because my wife really wanted to take a swim in the giant pool. But seriously, it made our entire evening much more enjoyable. Bring a fresh change of clothes and it's even better. We didn't bother with the slides which would take time off of Knoebel's other great offerings. Totally worth the cost to get in and take 30 minutes or so to cool down and relax. Just make sure to be courteous and shower all of your sweat off before jumping in.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me preface this by saying, I love Knoebels so very much and what I am about to say is just to stir conversation, not complain. Still find the place to be an incredible value when you consider the option to just walk in with your kids without paying for admission or parking.

I checked Knoebels website and noticed it looks a lot nicer. l Checked the pricing page for the rides and noticed (as is expected from time to time), prices have gone up again. I am a weird person in that I have a tendency to remember things like old prices, so just try not to judge me too hard for that!

Some noticeable changes:

Flying Turns: $3 --> $3.50

Black Diamond: $2.50-->$3

Phoenix, Twister, and Impulse: Unchanged at $3.

Flyers: $1.75 --> $2

Flume, Power Surge, Skloosh: $2 --> $2.25

Ferris Wheel: $2 --> $2.50

Where we are now as far as the remaining rides:

Kiddies: between $1.25-$1.50

Mild Flats: $1.75-$2

Intense Flats: $2-2.25

Coasters: $3-$3.50

Obviously way cheaper than any boardwalk park, still. But I can remember my first visit maybe 7 years ago was more like:

Kiddies: $1

Flats: $1.25-1.75

Coasters: $2.50

Now, again. I recognize prices will change. And if you take off 20% from all these from Weiss Market, you're looking at a different story. AND, you can always just buy wristbands. The prices aren't like dramatically worse, I just wonder if there is a breaking point for SOME (not me) guests. FWIW, it appears wristbands have stayed pretty similar in price, so they might alternate which they increase. I see $43 for summer with wooden coasters.

Just was curious if anyone who has been to Knoebels over the years has any thoughts?

^

For us, as we have to cross an entire ocean to get back to Knoebel's, it will not matter if and how much they will increase the prices. We will be back and have a blast again.

But I can totally see the "typical stenotype GP Facebook customer" who will "never get back there again because they raised the prices".

I hope for the true lovers of this beautiful park that they will fulfill their promises.

Interesting observation. I guess with inflation, not to mention climate change causing more flooding, they'll need some more money!

I won't bat an eye at these price increases, but like others have said, I'm sure there will be some moaning from the GP.

Still well within the threshold of what I'll pay to play at Knoebels any day. It certainly won't stop me from spending my Memorial Day weekend there this year!

It looks like I would pay an extra $2 or $3 in tickets per trip, not too bad. I paid $6 to ride one of those figure 8 spinning coasters at iPlay America around a year ago and $9 each to ride the coasters at Fun Spot a few years ago so $2.40 - $2.80 for the coasters at Knoebels with the 20% off is still a great deal.

even if we assume they are just keeping up with inflation. . those are still really good prices.

hell, the per ride at traveling carnivals (or Kemah Boardwalk) are double or triple those.

They could triple the prices and I'd still go to Knoebel's. . it's one of my favorite places in the USA

(not an unpopular opinion here, I know )