TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So despite the weather forecasts suggesting a 50/50 chance of thunderstorms, I still decided to make the 2-hr trek to Knoebel's today. I was pretty close to calling it off and going to Great Adventure

Knoebels is absolutely one of my favorite places to visit. And it would take a lot for me to be steered away from returning (ie- ripping down Phoenix, and Twister, replacing the bumper cars with stand

If you can't think or say this, is it even really a French film?

Posted Images

So in reading a news site online, Knoebels is trying to open Impulse this weekend which depends on how fast they finish the station.

It looks like a fourth train has been added to Flying Turns, 2001 Nacht (flying carpet) will be open, Power Surge will be open later in the summer, and the Giant Wheel will be open but its new LED lighting will be finished later on.

Also there will be terminals for buying tickets using debit or credit cards.

Source: www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/knoebels_pushing_to_have_new_r.html

Yep, lots of little ch- ch- changes. The fourth Flying Turns train is supposed to be a really bright red / pink.

I'm hoping for at the very least a soft-opening tomorrow for Impulse! Even if it isn't open, I've gone to Knoebels on opening day for the past few years now, so...

I was just about to ask, does anyone know when the official opening for Impulse is? (If there is one yet)

Looks a like a fun ride and great addition to this great lil park. I had a great time last year, absolutely going again!

Well seems like it'll be soon! Its a 2ish hour drive for me. If anyone wants to ever go, PM me!

I'm from Pittsburgh and have yet to make it to the East side PA parks! I'M finally going this summer and making a trip to Hershey, Dorney, and Knoebels! I can not wait to just jump in my car and get me some Impulse!

I'm probably going to head up on Sunday for two or three hours after work regardless if its open or not just to get dinner, get a ride or two in on the coasters, and check out the ride to see what it looks like now that it is done.

I am heading up to Knoebels tomorrow to ride Impulse and my concern with this ride is it looks like on the test run that it rattles. I was on Thunderbolt in Coney Island and that ride looked very cool from the outside, but then I rode it and it also rattled and jerked you around. I am praying it is not the same way because it looks like a great ride and I love that it has lap bars instead of the over the shoulder restraints.

^ I can't say for sure but I think the apparent rattle on the video had to do with the mount they used for the camera, or at least that's how it looked and sounded to me. I think we'll be hearing plenty of ride reports in the next few days so hopefully we'll find out soon!

Just got to the hotel from Knoebels. Impulse was great! Smooth and forceful, a perfect compliment to their exsisting coaster lineup. Park was very busy today but they stayed open an hour later and Phoenix and Twister were both running 2 trains surprisingly. Flyers operators were bein very lienent today which made for a great day! Can't wait for tommorow to go back.

I also was at the park for opening day. Some notes, will maybe make a whole trip report later:

Impulse is pretty freaking great, and it fits into Knoebels' coaster lineup like the last piece of a jigsaw. The view coming into the park has completely changed, and now you stare a big blue and yellow coaster in the face as a first impression. The only truly intimidating part of the coaster is the vertical lift and drop, and the coaster itself is smooth, forceful and insanely quiet. It's much more approachable than say, Fahrenheit. You can also theoretically eat a frozen dinner on the lap trays!

Flying Turns started with two trains, and went down to one later in the day. I wasn't willing to ride it this go around due to the wait, but hopefully next time. I wonder why they didn't send the new pink train out, but they probably made the attempt before the park opened. From my understanding those trains are all really temperamental when it comes to the weather.

Phoenix and Twister were both hauling. Need I say more? Though, I did have probably my worst ride ever on Twister today. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Go ride Impulse! It's a great departure from the typical "Euro-Fighter" style of ride and it's all the better for it.

10407989_995126933831342_6089784176310552382_n.jpg?oh=b18e8e035bf3ae9775a5a844fa270529&oe=55CED618

I'm planning on visiting Knoebels on May 10. I visited the park about 6 or so years ago, but that was before I had conquered my fear of coasters. I'm planning on getting the ride all day pass with wooden coasters included. Does anyone know if that also includes Impulse or should I plan on buying some tickets in addition to the pass?

Smooth and forceful!

Sounds and looks great. Seems like a perfect fit for the park, balanced the "small time/family" feel with an impressive new ride.

Gotta get here asap!

I got to ride It today as well. Thought it was REALLY fun. I teeny bet vibraty but overall rides very smoothly. I'm not sure how I would rank it but it was definitely what the park needed. Best part of the ride is definitely the barrel roll at the end. The cobra roll is really bizarre because it maneuvers the top so slowly, but there is a nice diving feel on the exit. Of course the airtime on the drop is also really nice. Kind of caught me off guard on the flat section between that and the loop, it definitely makes the forces into and out of the elements more appreciable.

Awesome! What were wait times like?

Unpredictable, but generally always fifteen minutes or more for pretty much all major attractions. I believe I waited about thirty to forty minutes for Impulse both times that I rode, which seems like it was kind of short for the opening day of a new attraction. There was not a shortage of people - I just think that the crew was really good.

Awesome! What were wait times like?

Unpredictable, but generally always fifteen minutes or more for pretty much all major attractions. I believe I waited about thirty to forty minutes for Impulse both times that I rode, which seems like it was kind of short for the opening day of a new attraction. There was not a shortage of people - I just think that the crew was really good.

Wow, for an opening day ride that is pretty impressive!

Impulse looks awesome! I've never been to Knoebels. I've been to Hershey which is close but didn't have enough time to squeeze in for Knoebels. Headed to Hershey again in July, so I'm hoping to make time this time around. I've only ever rode one coaster from Zierer and it was Verbolten at BGW...But it's nothing like that. It looks more similar to SFOG's Dare Devil Dive, which is pretty uneventful. But Impulse looks a lot more eventful so really looking forward to riding it, plus all of Knoebels other coasters.

Maybe my question got lost in all the updates on this thread, but I'm wondering if Impulse is included in the all-day pass. On the web-site they list two all-day passes; one with the wooden coasters, and one without. However, they say nothing about whether Impulse is included or not.

Maybe my question got lost in all the updates on this thread, but I'm wondering if Impulse is included in the all-day pass. On the web-site they list two all-day passes; one with the wooden coasters, and one without. However, they say nothing about whether Impulse is included or not.

To be a little more clear, impulse is included on the normal POP ticket, you don't need the wooden coaster one(although if I'm paying for an all day ride pass Im always including phoenix ).