TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

If they don't sell the ride all day tickets they wouldn't need it. Their issue is as a free parking/admission ungated park...no way to limit entrance. Now at least the Family Kingdom example is out there...similar, not the same.

Knoebels is my favorite place in the world and I'm worried about their future.

They could also very easily and relatively cheaply put something like this: 05706-w.jpg

around the perimeter, and have counters in place at the designated entry/exit gaps.

I think what they will probably do is say that you have to wear a mask if you want to go into any stores or restaurants that aren't open air, and then maybe have some one way paths throughout the park. In addition to spacing out riders, and tables at restaurants. That seems to me to be the most practical solution for Knoebels. I hope they can open soon, I would definitely go back if I had the chance.

Finally! Though it doesn't seem they have a way of limiting the number of people in the park, I wonder how well people will be able to maintain social distancing.

The comments on their facebook post are a bit worrying. All people complaining that they have no intention of wearing marks, straight up saying they'll pretend to have medical conditions to get out of it, whatever.

It sucks to expect the park to do everything they can to keep you safe, but know other people are going to willfully screw it up with their own selfish idiocy.

The comments on their facebook post are a bit worrying. All people complaining that they have no intention of wearing marks, straight up saying they'll pretend to have medical conditions to get out of it, whatever.

It's rural Pennsylvania.

Their website answers all of your questions. It looks like Flying Turns will be closed and the campgrounds have been open for some time. They have said that some rides that don't open with the park may open at a later date, "depending on project completion and additional hiring."

It's rural Pennsylvania.

Ookay ....

At any rate, I'll be going back at whatever point they'd have the ride all day passes

^Just curious, what does your typical list of rides on a Knoebels day look like (in general terms)?

Well when I went twice last year (opening weekend which turned out to be a 4pm rainout and once last September); those were days when I was able to get the ride all day passes/bands.

I was able to do Phoenix a dozen times, Twister 7 times, Impulse 4 times. Plus a bunch of the flats which I didn't keep count of.

In the defense of Knoebel's original policy, the Governor of PA has mandated that masks be worn in public places effective today, so I'm not sure how much of the change was their choice.

Edited by Mike240SX

Seems to dumb to not put it up yesterday if that's what they wanted.

They thought people would be decent humans and not show up claiming fake medical conditions by the thousands. I agree that trusting people to not be horrible was naive but I’m not mad at them for their optimism I guess.

^Yes! They gave people an opportunity and they took advantage. Very kind of the park to try to work with people.

Personally, I don't want to wear a facemask all day at a park, so I'm not going this year. If it's still happening next year, I'll reevaluate what I want to do. Rules are rules.

In the defense of Knoebel's original policy, the Governor of PA has mandated that masks be worn in public places effective today, so I'm not sure how much of the change was their choice.

I suspect this as well. If anyone has gone recently, I'd love to hear about it... Seems like Knoebels' lack of a traditional single entrance / access point would make the rule more difficult to enforce.

I suspect this as well. If anyone has gone recently, I'd love to hear about it... Seems like Knoebels' lack of a traditional single entrance / access point would make the rule more difficult to enforce.

Since the pandemic began I’ve visited Magic Springs, Alabama Adventure, HP and Knoebels. Shockingly, Knoebels was by far doing the most to keep the park clean. Rides go down atleast once an hour for cleaning, every employee is wearing some kind of mask or face shield and new sanitizing stations all over the place. There’s also distance markers placed in every queue, which most people were surprisingly obeying. Not that the other three parks weren’t doing a good job, Knoebels just seemed to be going above and beyond which was awesome to see.

The only sad part about it all is they are assigning rows for twister and Phoenix to help reduce clutter in the station and space the rows out. Requests for front or back are not accepted.