TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Long time no post. I was there last Wednesday and wanted to share some ride updates.

The Good: Fandango was back up.

The Bad: 1001 Nacht, Italian Trapeze, and Over The Top were still down.

The Ugly: Some of the ops are now making adults use the seatbelts on the bumper cars...

The area is predicted to get a few more inches of rain before it stops late in the week, but central Pennsylvania is in a high risk area for flash flooding today so it might be worse around Knoebels. I suspect that the rain will be gone soon, but whether the parks will be open, I have no idea. Here's hoping!

We haven’t gotten this much rain in the area since the ‘11 flood, but thankfully this doesn’t appear to be as bad...just a little water in my basement. Some local posted a video on Facebook of staff loading all of the carousel horses/carriages onto trucks a few days ago, so if nothing else the semi-regular floods have made Knoebel’s pros in how to prepare and limit damage in whatever ways they can.

All my PA friends are posting pics and vids, and it's kinda scary. Looks like crazy flooding all over the state.

Jumped in here to see the condition of the park and uh yeah, seems like that is true. Hopefully the parks will be OK and reopen quickly! (ya know once its safe for people to even get there)

Knoebel's has shown a lot resilience with handling these floods in the past (how, for such a small park? I don't know, but they've been both prepared and bounced back every time where many larger parks would struggle significantly).

image.jpg

Source: Pottsville Republican

Source: Pottsville Republican

As of now, this flood is pretty unimpressive by their standards. I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re open on Saturday if it doesn’t get any worse. It sounds like it was receding but it’s starting to rise again as of that video.

Yeah, at the time of this writing Bloomsburg, Elysburg, etc are still getting whumped. I'm optimistic, though the photos that my family members keep sending me make me double take every once in a while.

Yeah, at the time of this writing Bloomsburg, Elysburg, etc are still getting whumped. I'm optimistic, though the photos that my family members keep sending me make me double take every once in a while.

I live in Bloomsburg. Thankfully the rain has stopped and it looks like the river is going to crest before flood level, which is a huge relief. The ‘11 flood pretty much destroyed 25% of town, last thing we need is another.

After watching the video, it basically seems like every single thing will be open except maybe 3 food stands (none of which matter), the pool, mini golf (maybe) and possibly some kids rides that need to be re-certified since they were disassembled and reassembled. Every adult ride seems ready to go, as do all of the food stands that people care about.

Edit: Update

4D40F3A7-B7E9-443C-A8EB-D23B8C76BD96.thumb.jpeg.0dfe828957aa7b985cf0a7e9257350ed.jpeg

What are some good eateries nearby?

Who cares?

This isn't like most parks. Arrive hungry and eat one of everything. The food is amazing and the prices are equally amazing (as in low).

Priorities include but are not limited to

- Cesari's Pizza

- Cookies from the Loaf

- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from the place by the creek

- Pierogies but only from one place. Please consult the map.

Every ride runs in the train except Flying Turns. Besides the coasters, don't miss the bumper cars, the flume or the flyers. Honestly, just ride every flat ride. They're all better than most of their counterparts.

How are crowds?

What are some good eateries nearby?

What are the priorities to ride (since it might rain that day)?

First question. Friday crowds will definitely be less than Saturday and / or Sunday. The park may be more crowded than a usual Friday because the Crystal Pool area is still closed after the flooding. But "crowds" at Knoebels only ever translate to waits of no more than 15-20 minutes for every attraction that isn't named Flying Turns.

Second question. Bill has a good wisdom. Come hungry, eat a lot.

Third question. "Must-rides" are Phoenix, Twister, Impulse, Flying Turns, Flyer, Looper, StratosFear, Skooters, Haunted Mansion, Pioneer Train, Grand Carousel. Flying Turns is the only attraction that may dictate what order you do your rides in, as the queue moves slowly.