TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Can anyone who was at IAAPA comment on how it rides? It moves pretty quick, seems like you might get some good stomach-butterfly-feelings going over the top.

Sidenote: Their marketing team was successful.

I personally didn't ride it at the show but I know people who did, and they enjoyed it very much. It's not as restrictive as, say, B&M's stand-up coasters because there's no bicycle seat. The lower door, in a similar manner to the old Arrow stand-up conversions, keeps riders from bending their knees.

I have plans on making my first visit to Knoebels for the first time sometime this summer. I plan on visiting on a weekday during late July or anytime during August. I am wondering how crowded the park is during those times of the year. Knoebels definitely looks like an amazing park and I look forward to visiting!

I have plans on making my first visit to Knoebels for the first time sometime this summer. I plan on visiting on a weekday during late July or anytime during August. I am wondering how crowded the park is during those times of the year. Knoebels definitely looks like an amazing park and I look forward to visiting!

You should be fine! Lines are never a problem because of their amazing operations unless it's a BOGO wristband day.

You should be fine! Lines are never a problem because of their amazing operations unless it's a BOGO wristband day.

Okay, thanks! I look forward to visiting Knoebels this summer!

I rode this thing at IAAPA and liked it for what it is. Yes it is very sketchy and kind of scary but it was really fun and offers some nice airtime. I haven't been to Knoebels but I feel like it will fit in perfectly.

You need to change that and get to Knoebels. I think you would really like it.

Now that I see the video and that the ride is from SBF. I remember seeing it this year at IAAPA but was to busy to ride. It looked like people were enjoying it when we walked by. I need to get back to Knoebels this year.

• 3 weeks later...
I had no idea you could stay in the park at Knoebels and I was really excited to find out. That is, until I looked at the cottages. They look like Sh** holes. What gives?

They're not that bad, but I'm forever scarred by the experience of staying at Knoebels. Rikki made me sleep in a tent. A goddamn tent. Like a barbarian, or a Boy Scout. That said, I now get to say I slept about fifteen feet away from Twister. Still not worth it.

My idea of roughing it is staying in a Motel 6.

I had no idea you could stay in the park at Knoebels and I was really excited to find out. That is, until I looked at the cottages. They look like Sh** holes. What gives?

The quality looks a bit uneven...some are definitely on the "rustic" side, but some of them (the cedar one in particular) look pretty nice to me.

Actually, $1000 for a week, for a place that sleeps 10 people...that's not a bad deal, really... I may need to look into this more.

Actually, $1000 for a week, for a place that sleeps 10 people...

These are the things of my nightmares...

Well, I mean, it's a house, basically. From the pics it looks like 5 separate double beds in their own bedrooms, it's not like cramming 10 people into a hotel room (or tent). Doesn't sound too terrible to me, but then again, I tent camp at Knoebels at least once a year too...

I failed to mention that I'm not really fond of vacationing with people (other than Rikki, of course). For example, we were basically guilted into participating in a big family camping weekend up off of the Delaware River in NY somewhere. Even with having our own room in a cottage of similar design, it still was a nightmare. We made the most of it, but I'm just not one for "group vacations" like that. In my mind, a true vacation should be designed to get away from all of that.

I failed to mention that I'm not really fond of vacationing with people (other than Rikki, of course). For example, we were basically guilted into participating in a big family camping weekend up off of the Delaware River in NY somewhere. Even with having our own room in a cottage of similar design, it still was a nightmare. We made the most of it, but I'm just not one for "group vacations" like that. In my mind, a true vacation should be designed to get away from all of that.

I'm with you 100%. Aside from very short trips, Emily and I do not like to vacation with others, because we like to do our own thing. You can imagine my dismay when my sister said she was getting married on the outer banks and wanted the family to rent a huge beach house this August. We paid for our deposit, only to find out she changed her mind and is getting married at home, BUT the vacation house is still on... Basically got roped into a family vacation, and I dislike spending time with most of my family members.

This is a fun little discussion! I love Knoebles, super love it...but I will never camp or stay in their cabins. I'm not going to say I'm high maintenance, but, I need more maintenance then those options offer.

My idea of roughing it is the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. And I'm excited to report that they've all just been updated with flat screen tv's, granite counter tops in the kitchen and bath, and of even higher speed WiFi!

I see that Knoebels has two campground options with the further one offering shuttle service, which is cool. Tent camping is a thing of the past for us and I agree with others about staying as a group/family in a cabin - not happening.

We have done shuttling from campgrounds to theme parks as a family in the past and it didn't end particularly well, so I certainly wouldn't agree to renting a house or cabin with other friends or family members. I love 'em all to death, but we all do our own thing and respect each others privacy when it comes to that - a valuable lesson learned from past experiences.

Our idea of "roughing it" at a campground from here on out will be in the 36' motor home that we bought last year - with a tow hitch for our own car!

....Our idea of "roughing it" at a campground from here on out will be in the 36' motor home that we bought last year - with a tow hitch for our own car!

I always wanted a small motorhome of some kind/type. Jealous you got one!

I'm with you 100%. Aside from very short trips, Emily and I do not like to vacation with others, because we like to do our own thing. You can imagine my dismay when my sister said she was getting married on the outer banks and wanted the family to rent a huge beach house this August. We paid for our deposit, only to find out she changed her mind and is getting married at home, BUT the vacation house is still on... Basically got roped into a family vacation, and I dislike spending time with most of my family members.

Haha! I used to avoid family gatherings that were longer than a few hours... We all (well, 12 of us anyway) went to Holiday World for HWN last year and had a blast. We split up in 3 of Lake Rudolph's cabins. Part of that I credit to therapy and knowing when I need to take a "time out." Yes, as a 43 year old grown man I need time outs! It let's me decompress and recharge. Family can be challenging! Good luck on your trip.

This is a fun little discussion! I love Knoebles, super love it...but I will never camp or stay in their cabins. I'm not going to say I'm high maintenance, but, I need more maintenance then those options offer.

My idea of roughing it is the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. And I'm excited to report that they've all just been updated with flat screen tv's, granite counter tops in the kitchen and bath, and of even higher speed WiFi!

We're not talking about the campground cabins though; have you seen the full size cottages they have? http://www.knoebels.com/stay/knoebels-cottages Some are iffy, but look at the nicer ones towards the bottom of the page; they seem to have some decent amenities! I'm kinda sold on the cedar one with the fireplace.

http://www.knoebels.com/stay/knoebels-cottages Some are iffy, but look at the nicer ones towards the bottom of the page; they seem to have some decent amenities! I'm kinda sold on the cedar one with the fireplace.

My web browser must not be loading the bottom of the page, because I'm failing to see anything that doesn't look like a musty bed bug den. I wouldn't take any of them for free (seriously).

The Super 8 in Danville is the nicest Super 8 ever (which isn't saying much). Comfort Suites in Lewisburg is the only other place we've stayed near Knoebels. It's a really nice hotel but it's also almost 30 minutes from the park. There's no respectable hotel near the park, no matter what you'll end up staying about 20+ minutes away.