TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

That was a typo. I meant the 8th of October.

You picked a great time to go. While I generally hate enthusiast events more than anything, Phoenix Phall Phunfest is open to the public so the crowds are very tolerable. The normal people / enthusiast ratio is such that you barely notice them if you avoid the swap meet in front of Phoenix or the Flyers late at night.

The park gets crowded but it's not awful. Get there early though. The Covered Bridge Festival is insanely popular and traffic backs up for miles. Also if you have time I actually recommend checking that out too.

We'll be there that weekend too. We wouldn't miss it for the world. Come and say hi if you see us. We'll be the ones riding the Paratrooper when it's 45 degrees at 9:30 at night.

That was a typo. I meant the 8th of October.

So here's the lowdown: traffic will be insane. Like outrageous. You may even see the parking lot fill up. You must arrive early - before the rides open at minimum. You may want to be there an hour or two before. Look at maps and consider taking the "back way" in. There is a back way, I assure you.

Actual lines for rides are basically "busy saturday in summer" Knoebels lines. Phoenix will be out in the midway and that's like 15 minutes with two trains. It really isn't that bad.

It's getting busier every year. This is the first time we're opting to stay in town the night before. We used to make the 3 hour drive in the morning, then get a hotel that night but it's becoming necessary to get there earlier and earlier. I haven't noticed an increase in ride lines but the Covered Bridge Festival grows every year (and it takes up a ton of parking spaces which doesn't help matters).

Or you can get a Cinnamon Roll from the Covered Bridge festival. You may die from eating it but at least you'll die happy. The Cinnamon Roll truck is usually over by that weird green and white A frame building with vending machines in it. I'm serious about the death part. It's a legitimate possibility. Weigh your options beforehand.

We might be making our first trip to Knoebels in late June. Could someone with more experience tell me what to expect during a late June mid-week visit? We're thinking June 22-23 or 29-30.

Expect to leave with a new favorite park and possibly diabetes.

As far as lines it will be very manageable. Have a great time!

Also, take note of the handy dandy Pierogie map

I'm really looking forward to Knoebels next summer. I adore Polish food, and the Pierogis are a big deal to me. I'm having some trouble placing this photo in the park, though. I'm trying to compare it to Knoebels' official map on their site, and it doesn't seem to line up with anything I can see. Where in the park is this?