TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Finally made my way over there for the first time in awhile...

1. Impulse is really good. Drop was awesome and the ride packs a lot into a small footprint. Perfect compliment to the park.

2. Had one of the best rides on Twister that I've ever had. Rides just like it did when it opened.

3. I think I might have to stop riding roller coasters. I got through one ride each on Phoenix and Twister without a problem, but once we got to Impulse I got a really uncomfortable pressure headache right after we got out of the loop; had this happen to me at Hershey four years ago as well. I've had issues with motion sickness before and I was wearing sea bands all day, but I still felt like garbage. Not sure what else to try. I went from being able to ride Twister 47 times in a day to this.

It may be a good idea to see your doctor - could be hypertension. (I'm pretty sure that if your BP is under control with drugs, the warning signs about high BP don't apply to you..)

I've mentioned it to doctors and they never seem to think it's a big deal. I was at an appointment last month and IIRC my blood pressure was like 110/70, so I'm not sure if it's that. It sucks regardless as roller coasters have been a huge part of my life ever since I was like 10.

Finally made my way over there for the first time in awhile...

1. Impulse is really good. Drop was awesome and the ride packs a lot into a small footprint. Perfect compliment to the park.

2. Had one of the best rides on Twister that I've ever had. Rides just like it did when it opened.

3. I think I might have to stop riding roller coasters. I got through one ride each on Phoenix and Twister without a problem, but once we got to Impulse I got a really uncomfortable pressure headache right after we got out of the loop; had this happen to me at Hershey four years ago as well. I've had issues with motion sickness before and I was wearing sea bands all day, but I still felt like garbage. Not sure what else to try. I went from being able to ride Twister 47 times in a day to this.

It may be a good idea to see your doctor - could be hypertension. (I'm pretty sure that if your BP is under control with drugs, the warning signs about high BP don't apply to you..)

I've mentioned it to doctors and they never seem to think it's a big deal. I was at an appointment last month and IIRC my blood pressure was like 110/70, so I'm not sure if it's that. It sucks regardless as roller coasters have been a huge part of my life ever since I was like 10.

Guess not. I had similar symptoms that went away when I started BP meds. But if it's a big deal to you, it should be a big deal to your doctors...

Got caught by Impulse's lapbar again on my last visit. Nearly the most painful coaster ride I've ever had, second only to Skyrush opening year. Dug hard into my hip bones, seriously seriously painful. Am I the only one that has a problem with these restraints??

The lap trays are okay for me, it's just the seats are too hard and stiff. If I put my head back against the backrest during the ride it's like I'm being shaken into oblivion.

Got caught by Impulse's lapbar again on my last visit. Nearly the most painful coaster ride I've ever had, second only to Skyrush opening year. Dug hard into my hip bones, seriously seriously painful. Am I the only one that has a problem with these restraints??

I know it seems insane, but the Impulse trains have some of the most comfortable restraints on any coaster for me. It obviously has to be tight and have the ankle restraints, but it seems like they went with the best they could get.

I do find the restraints a little bit awkward but nothing too bad.

I know it seems insane, but the Impulse trains have some of the most comfortable restraints on any coaster for me. It obviously has to be tight and have the ankle restraints, but it seems like they went with the best they could get.

They LOOK very comfortable, and I think they would be if they just didn't get so ungodly tight. I guess I have exactly the wrong body shape for it (my hip bones are pointy and kind of stick out).

I was actually praising the restraints of Impulse, thought they were very comfortable. I thought to myself how great it would be if Mystery Mine had some of those. I've not ridden DDD, so i don't have the Gerstlauer version to compare with.

Heading to Knoebels in a few weeks.

Other than the $5 discount with Pepsi cans or Wegmans, are there any other ones out there?

Thanks~!

Are you going during the week? If so then they offer all day wristbands.

Yes I am going on a Friday. Just seeing if there were any other discounts besides the $5 off ones.

I didn't see anything on club TPR.

Thanks again!

Hi Knoebels people! I'm headed to the park in a couple weeks and I'm really looking forward to it. Last time I went in 2014, Flying Turns had just opened and had huge lines. Does it still have large queue times? Should I ride it first? Or is there another more popular ride? Thanks in advance!

Flying Turns still gets a long line. You should definitely ride it first. Impulse can also get a long line.

Yes what he said. Flying Turns is a pain loading and unloading so try and hit that up early in the day. Impulse pulls line cause its still the new attraction.

Does anyone know the parks post feelings of flying turns? Do we think we will see more pop up?

It took them forever to complete, but the ride is a smash hit with kids and families. If a park is willing to put in the time it's worth it. I don't think you would see one of these pop up at any major parks. Perhaps smaller parks though.

Another tragedy at Knoebels today:

Boy dies Saturday after incident at Knoebels swimming pool

Locust Twp. police Saturday confirmed the death of an 8-year-old boy after an incident at the swimming pool at Knoebels Amusement Park in Northumberland County.

Patrolman Anthony Kopitsky said police were called to the park's Crystal Pool at 3:21 p.m. When officers arrived they found park employees attempting "emergency first aid" on a boy that had been pulled from the shallow end of the pool.

No other circumstances of the incident were immediately available, though Kopitsky said it appeared to be accidental in nature.

Police were not immediately releasing the name of the victim. Police Chief Allen Breach was quoted in The Shamokin News-Item as saying that the boy was not from the immediate area.

The park released a statement through its Facebook page this evening confirming that the boy was found unresponsive in the pool, and was ultimately taken by ambulance to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville.

The last time a drowning occurred in the pool was 2011, when a 6-year-old died.

An update:

UPDATE: A Knoebels spokesman said park officials are still pulling together the details of the swimming pool incident that led to the death of an eight-year-old boy Saturday. Karl Beagle said the boy was in a portion of the pool that ranges from zero to three-feet deep when one of the lifeguards found him unresponsive. Beagle said he believes the boy was attending the park with his family.

The park also issued this formal statement shortly before 8:30 p.m.:

"A tragedy occurred on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at Knoebels Crystal Pool. A young boy was found unresponsive by a lifeguard who immediately initiated emergency care. Additional care was provided and he was transported to Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.

"The Knoebel family and team members had been hoping and praying for the best possible outcome, but are saddened to have learned from local authorities that the young boy has passed away. We ask that everyone joins us in keeping the boy's family in your prayers."

Hello all!

Just got back from Knoebels yesterday. Unfortunately, my cell phone was dead, so no pictures. But here is an update to some new improvements to the park:

The old Galleon has been removed and in its place is a newer smaller Zamperla Galleon. The ride is in place, but they're working on the loading platform. The sign says "next month" for it to open, so guess we'll have to find out.

The Haunted Mansion has some updates. In the first room you'll see three images of a man moving further away from view before seeing an actual head in the wall. Really cool scare for that area. The former "skull room" is a crazy place that is an upside down room resembling a lounge complete with skeletons. Look for a surprise at the end! The "Optical Illusion/ Tunnel room" has more illusions and a now dark tunnel. Now if only they can update the Jungle room as I consider it kind of anticlimactic after the rest of the ride.

Laser Command- Oh wow I'm impressed! Basically they tore down the Laser Runner arena and replaced it with a whole new experience. The exterior wasn't done yet, but when it is expect to see a neat futuristic theme. There's a foyer area where you can actually register your name and get a card to track your rank progress as well as a monitor displaying the arenas and scores of the players. Did I mention Arenas? Because yes, there are now two arenas! Basically you walk into a room with the suits, watch a video of how to play, then hit the arena. The suits have sensors on the front, back and shoulders. Your gun displays your Shield, which does recharge after a while. Four hits and your gun disables, but there are Recharg Stations in the arena allowing you to get back to full strength. The guns also have a Phaser mode (long range/ narrow beam) or a Blaster (wide beam, narrow blast) and there are monitors you shoot to give you either Rapid Fire to allow your gun to shoot faster or Max Shield which allows you to take an extra hit before having to recharge your shield. You can either do Free for All or now Teams! In all it is a marked improvement from the old Laser Runner.