TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

I'm going out on a limb an saying this friday/saturday would be a bad time to visit right? Im going to be in PA about an hour away and its very tempting. Anyone have any thoughts?

Every day is a great day to visit Knoebels! But go on a Friday so you can buy a wristband. They're not available on weekends.

^ Okay, so that is a confirm about the wristbands. I was looking at their prices and noticed that there is no wristband option on weekends. the sky ride is good on those wristbands, right?

I haven't been there in years. Any wristband discounts?

^ Black Diamond is included with the wristbands.

Yup. Like the chairlift it didn't used to be but one night the Knoebels executives were up late having a meeting and they were like... "We're really awesome already, and it's almost inconceivable that we could do anything to make us more awesome but does anyone have any ideas?"

And from the back of that smoky room someone stood up and said "Yes! I suggest we put Flying Turns, Skyway and Black Diamond on the wristband". And everyone rejoiced.

This is most likely how it happened.

Okay, I did remember one time the skyride not being on the POP, but that was many moons ago.

As an out of towner, are there any discounts I should be aware of? I'm looking at planning a trip in late august and I plan to hit Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney and Six Flags Gettysburg. (Yes, we are skipping SF Great Adventure)

Okay, I did remember one time the skyride not being on the POP, but that was many moons ago.

As an out of towner, are there any discounts I should be aware of? I'm looking at planning a trip in late august and I plan to hit Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney and Six Flags Gettysburg. (Yes, we are skipping SF Great Adventure)

SF Gettysburg?

Do you know if they offer discounts on the band? is an all day ride thingy really needed?

It depends (it always depends).

First off, pay-one-price wristbands are only available on weekdays during the summer season - weekends are tickets only - so if you're going on a weekend you'll be using tickets anyway. If you're going on a weekday, the wristband with wooden coasters is priced at $47. Depending on the severity of the crowds the day you go, you may not get a wristband's worth of rides in, unless you're a cool guy like me who stays until close to get as many laps on Phoenix in a row as possible (at $3 a pop, that certainly adds up after the umpteenth ride).

Buying three vouchers at Weis for $48, a dollar more than the wristband, will get you $60 in tickets, and because Knoebels is awesome and stuff, tickets can be used indefinitely, so you can keep any overage for your next visit. I'd personally go that route in your situation, as $60 will easily get you at least two laps on each major coaster plus enough to take some spins on the < $2 flats like Stratosfear, Looper and the Skooters, as well as the Haunted Mansion.

EDIT: The Haunted Mansion isn't on the wristband either, so if you like the Haunted Mansion, take that into consideration as well.

unless you're a cool guy like me who stays until close to get as many laps on the Flyers in a row as possible (at $2 a pop, that certainly adds up after the umpteenth ride).

Fixed that for you.

Everyone knows the flyers are the best ride there

Finally made my way over there for the first time in awhile...

1. Impulse is really good. Drop was awesome and the ride packs a lot into a small footprint. Perfect compliment to the park.

2. Had one of the best rides on Twister that I've ever had. Rides just like it did when it opened.

3. I think I might have to stop riding roller coasters. I got through one ride each on Phoenix and Twister without a problem, but once we got to Impulse I got a really uncomfortable pressure headache right after we got out of the loop; had this happen to me at Hershey four years ago as well. I've had issues with motion sickness before and I was wearing sea bands all day, but I still felt like garbage. Not sure what else to try. I went from being able to ride Twister 47 times in a day to this.

Finally made my way over there for the first time in awhile...

1. Impulse is really good. Drop was awesome and the ride packs a lot into a small footprint. Perfect compliment to the park.

2. Had one of the best rides on Twister that I've ever had. Rides just like it did when it opened.

3. I think I might have to stop riding roller coasters. I got through one ride each on Phoenix and Twister without a problem, but once we got to Impulse I got a really uncomfortable pressure headache right after we got out of the loop; had this happen to me at Hershey four years ago as well. I've had issues with motion sickness before and I was wearing sea bands all day, but I still felt like garbage. Not sure what else to try. I went from being able to ride Twister 47 times in a day to this.

It may be a good idea to see your doctor - could be hypertension. (I'm pretty sure that if your BP is under control with drugs, the warning signs about high BP don't apply to you..)