TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Don't worry about crowds. You'll get a ton of rides in. Yes there are lines but Phoenix and Twister also unload, load and dispatch trains in about 30 seconds. I wouldn't expect to wait more than 15 minutes for anything except Impulse, Flying Turns and Gasoline Alley at night. Even when Phoenix's line spills out the entrance it's 15 minute wait.

Don't worry about crowds. You'll get a ton of rides in. Yes there are lines but Phoenix and Twister also unload, load and dispatch trains in about 30 seconds. I wouldn't expect to wait more than 15 minutes for anything except Impulse, Flying Turns and Gasoline Alley at night. Even when Phoenix's line spills out the entrance it's 15 minute wait.

Excellent, that's what I like to hear. I'm anticipating the Flyers to have a longer line, but I'm more than willing to wait. The ones at Knoebels are /so/ worth it.

Hopefully we don't get the no-fun-allowed op that turns the speed down once you start getting good snaps.

^Right? I waited a solid 45 minutes for it the first time, the second time when I came through the ticket host asked if I was a single rider and directed me right on in!

It's not signed too well and since they usually sit in the front of that line its easy to miss, but it really makes your wait a lot shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from here currently going on Friday for Phall Phunfest? Current weather forecasts (rain likely, thunderstorms after 2pm) have me debating going at the moment. I'm a bit bummed - it'd be my first trip to Knoebels. I'm hoping forecasts change, but I'm not confident they will.

Wondering where others stood.

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. And it's way too early to look at the weather, it will only stress you out.

Plus they run basically everything in the rain and if it storms go eat amazing food, ride 2 amazing dark rides, or the great Carousel, or check out the 2 cool museums or ride the Kozmotron, or the Teacups, or play Fascination... don't worry, there will be no shortage of great things to do. I's impossible to have a bad day at Knoebels. Then when the storms pass go ride Phoenix and Twister on wet rails.

Hopefully you're done debating now. lol

PS: Knoebels please PM me for my new address so you can send the commission checks. Cash is fine too.

Anyone from here currently going on Friday for Phall Phunfest? Current weather forecasts (rain likely, thunderstorms after 2pm) have me debating going at the moment. I'm a bit bummed - it'd be my first trip to Knoebels. I'm hoping forecasts change, but I'm not confident they will.

Wondering where others stood.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. If you're only going for one day I would recommend Saturday since a lot of the best rides (Phoenix, Twister, Haunted Mansion, Flying Turns, Black Diamond, etc.) are closed on Friday because of the Covered Bridge Festival. Also, the ride all day plan won't be available.

Here's a list of what rides will be open on Friday (as well as Thurs, Sat, and Sun): http://www.itourcolumbiamontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Covered-Bridge-Rides.pdf

12115871_1077950325549194_3162571382837907868_n.jpg?oh=76d2d51e0df3ab5208e071516d2a3450&oe=569E7FFA

But like Coasterbill (aka TPR's official Knoebels spokesman), said it really is impossible to have a bad time at Knoebels. Rain or shine there is so much to do. I don't like playing games at boardwalks but I could spend all day playing Fascination. The museums are pretty cool, there's mini golf, great bumper cars, the best carousel ever (that sounds lame, but it is actually so much fun), and of course Impulse is great too!

^ The issue for me is I have a family commitment on Saturday that prevents me from going, otherwise I'd totally choose that day over Friday.

I ended up deciding to pass on the event this year. I still took off of work, but I've got some chores I've been putting off that I really need to get done instead (take car in for servicing, update my NJ vehicle inspection, etc). I'm definitely going to put Knoebels on my 2016 list, though!

I'm definitely going to put Knoebels on my 2016 list, though!

If you do go next year, I would recommend a 2 day trip and to stay in a cabin at the campground overnight. It really adds to the experience, and if you're coming up from Jersey the 3 hour (or more) drive can be exhausting at night. Being able to marathon Phoenix until the park closes with no worries is an awesome feeling.

I'm definitely going to put Knoebels on my 2016 list, though!

If you do go next year, I would recommend a 2 day trip and to stay in a cabin at the campground overnight. It really adds to the experience, and if you're coming up from Jersey the 3 hour (or more) drive can be exhausting at night. Being able to marathon Phoenix until the park closes with no worries is an awesome feeling.

Yea, I would definitely do this if I go. Rikki loves camping, even though I personally despise it. I'd have a major selling point If I'm able to roll camping into the itinerary (and I can stomach staying in a cabin).

Still unsure if I can actually make it out to Knoebels. I have to work on Saturday but I'm seriously considering calling off, unfortunately the coworkers I was going to go with aren't too keen on calling off to go to a different theme park. I suppose we shall see. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Sorry for the double post but my plans have changed so I figured I'd bump the thread in hopes of getting a response.

If anybody is going tomorrow, and would like to meet up, shoot me a PM. Everybody I was going to go with bailed, and I've already decided to go. Theme parks are more fun with more people.

There's no need for me to write a full trip report because it'll just turn into me gushing about Knoebels again and making everyone want to puke but hats off to them for pulling off another outstanding PPP!

The format changed a little, no break in the middle, just a noon to 10:00 pass with all rides open all day and Skyway, Black Diamond, Flying Turns and Impulse on the pay one price plan (so everything except the Mansion is included) and its a great improvement. It was the busiest I'd ever seen the park but thanks to their stellar operations we never waited longer than 20 minutes for everything (though we did skip Flying Turns, Gasoline Alley and the Haunted Train as they all had huge lines. We'll be back tomorrow for the Covered Bridge Festival and to get a few more rides in including a ride on the Flying Turns.

Thanks Knoebels for a great day! Also this is random but we have no idea what was up with Twister tonight. It's always an awesome coaster but tonight it was on a completely different level. It was just running completely insane. The Phoenix was also running in world class form but that's to be expected. Impulse was a lot of fun too but it's not even close to being on the level of Phoenix and Twister. Speaking of which I'll leave this here...

image.thumb.jpg.67f1e49873d004fcb11dc199c6e1a4f9.jpg

The line tonight for the brand new, state of the art steel looping coaster.

image.thumb.jpg.5a3d23b3941535f5b2e15d05b25f1a0e.jpg

The line for the classic wood coaster that's pushing 70 years old spilling out the entrance. I'm not bashing Impulse, but it's pretty amazing to see everyone (not just enthusiasts) flocking to Phoenix the way they do over a brand new steel coaster.

It was very awesome, though there was only 1 out of 4 operators on the flyers that would let us snap. At the very end of the night, we had a bit of a snapping contest, and I guess it was loud enough to get the people in the office to come out. When we all got off, somebody wearing an Impulse jacket (if I had to guess, management or some form of upper supervisor) asked me if I was the one snapping really hard.

Basically she told me if I ever snap the flyers that hard again, she'll be sure I'll "Never get to ride our flyers ever again"

^there seemed to be no problem with the ACE folks snapping most of the afternoon (that was with 2 of the 4 operators). All in all Knoebel's was in rare form. The Covered Bridge Festival combined with PPP really adds another element to the park that makes it inconceivable what Knoebel's would be like without all the added crafts, food, and merriment. The best afternoon I've had at an amusement park and certainly worth the drive. Will definitely be coming back next year.

The best afternoon I've had at an amusement park and certainly worth the drive. Will definitely be coming back next year.

I agree completely. Most of the day I spent just bouncing between Phoenix and the Flyers, hitting any other rides I felt compelled to along the way. Seems like there were two main groups, those that were there to ride the Phoenix, and those that were there to ride the Flyers. It was a very cool experience to get in line with the same group of people over and over and over again and just chat it up while we wait.