TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Maybe they chose the name "Impulse" because it was an impulse buy, late at night after kicking back a few cold ones. It was either name the ride "Impulse" or "Dexter's Drunken Decision"

How about "Blotto: The Ride"?

The more I read into this new addition, the more I'm excited.

Knoebels is the king of small park quirkiness, and we should never expect them to do the expected such as relocating an older ride or rebuilding what was once an extinct coaster. How cool is it that we can ride awesome traditional rides with some modern thrills mixed in as well? This place is literally my home park away from home. You just can't help but smile when at Knoebels!

Knoebels doesn't need the social media hype, they do fine without it.

But they certainly went out of their way to fire on both fronts - Twitter & Facebook. I think if they are going to put themselves out there, they probably just need to make sure they are covering all bases and their information is presented correctly.

I had to delete and make new tweets three times, and edit our facebook post several times based on information that wasn't accurate. The last thing I want to do is post something about a park announcement that isn't correct, but the information we were given was shotty at best.

One outlet was being all mysterious about it (facebook) by saying "hey, look what I came across, wonder what it could be???" while the other (twitter) was all "Check out this layout of Impulse - it's a Zierer tower coaster!"

So there was certainly some confusion.

Again, I like the addition, LOVE THE PARK, just wish this information was presented in a way that didn't make people think it was something it wasn't.

Edited by robbalvey

I will dissent and say that I loved boat tag, spent a lot of money buying balls by the bucket. The bumper boats always seemed to have a line long enough that I didn't want to wait to ride it as well. I will miss boat tag very much.

Boat tag is a bit of a loss because it's unique, but the bumper boats probably only had a line because they had a low capacity and nobody knew how (or wanted to) drive them back to the dock properly. They were terrible, and nothing at Knoebels should be terrible.

More facts are trickling in:

http://www.wfmz.com/news/knoebels-unveils-look-of-parks-new-roller-coaster/-/121458/24580328/-/s49wolz/-/index.html

RALPHO TWP., Pa. - Will you ride Impulse? That's the question Knoebels posed to its followers on Twitter as the amusement park unveiled the look of its newest roller coaster Thursday morning. The park's tweet simply said: "You've heard rumors... you've made guesses ... now get a glimpse of Knoebels Project 2015: http://tinyurl.com/knoebels2015 Will you ride Impulse?"

A spokesman for the park, located near Elysburg, Northumberland Co., had few details to provide about the new steel coaster, which will soar to a peak of 98 feet when it opens for the 2015 season. Preliminary site work is being done now to support the coaster, which will sit on the spot currently occupied by the bumper boats and boat tag. Construction won't actually begin until after the 2014 season, the spokesman said. Impulse is being designed and built by Zierer, a Germany-based company that also has coasters operating at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia and Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. According to Zierer's website, coasters similar to the one planned for Knoebels reach a maximum speed of approximately 56 mph and run five eight-person cars over a track that measures about 2,050 feet long. Knoebels other coasters include Flying Turns (a wooden bobsled coaster with a mostly trackless course), Black Diamond (an indoor steel coaster) and Phoenix (a large-scale wooden coaster).

Top Speed: 56mph

Track length: 2,050 feet

Trains: 5 with eight riders per train.

Honestly, the way they are releasing this info is kind of unorganized. Each news station seems to be just getting a piece of the puzzle and all the details are being released in the comments section of their pages. As for their site, all that there is for Impulse is a link to the NoLimits screenshots. I kind of wished they did a news release.

coasters operating at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia and Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.

This is why they need a press release, because normally they'd say something like "the company that gave us "Verbolten and "Wicked" to make it sounds really impressive, but the media had to go all "Blackbeard's lost Treasure Train" on us.

Very excited with this announcement. Looks like another great coaster for their lineup that should get them more of the GP crowd. I think this was big for them to catch up to Hershey and GAdv a little. I realize they'll never get the crowds they get but I think this coaster will help get their name out more since no GP in New Jersey have really heard of Knoebels.

Also is it me or does this coaster remind you of Fahrenheit at Hershey except with a launch? The layout just looks very similar to me. Still Knoebels keeps giving me reasons to go back so I'm very glad to hear this .

You know, I said that if Knoebels was to put a big ride in it would be their best interest to remove the bumper boats and boat tag. Looks like I nailed that prediction. Still, I was surprised that they are going for a steel coaster but I'm excited to hear that they're going for it. This will look great at the main road into the park!

I realize they'll never get the crowds they get but I think this coaster will help get their name out more since no GP in New Jersey have really heard of Knoebels.

I hope the Knoebels family game plan is not to acquire more visitors from New Jersey.

I realize they'll never get the crowds they get but I think this coaster will help get their name out more since no GP in New Jersey have really heard of Knoebels.

I hope the Knoebels family game plan is not to acquire more visitors from New Jersey.