TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

can anyone provide a google aerial of where in the park this will go?

This is my guess based on the information we have. It's definitely going to go in this area and based on the ride layout I think this is the most practical placement for the station.

Looks about right! Awesome!!

Was it just a rumor of them re-doing the 'entrance' of the park, or was it confirmed without a date? Cause the ride location is basically right in the same general area they could put some sort of proper entrance and it would work well with the new ride.

I understand that the NoLimits concept art is in fact concept art, but the layout made it look like it was a Tower Launch coaster. There's just a huge length of straight track before the big vertical hill - why would they do that if it had a lift hill?

EDIT: Well, I feel like a massive idiot then.

I was definitely not expecting this addition, though I am definitely excited by it. It is surprising that it is not a launch based on the picture. Definitely nice to have a real thrilling coaster at Knoebels, though. Sky Rocket has worked out well for Kennywood, so I imagine a similar ride like this one will be very popular.

This definitely threw me off guard! I'm really glad Zierer sold one of these again, they look like great rides!

Edit: The park just said it won't be a launch coaster.

Is it just me or is it a little annoying how sketchy the details have been released? If they were just going to "tease" then why have they been releasing tidbits here and there, they should have just done a proper announcement.

There has been so much mis-information floating around that it's kind of confusing.

--Robb "Love the addition...just had to mention that though..." Alvey

Also - I thought "Impulse" was a good name for a launched coaster, and I think that combined with the Zierer tie-in with Wicked, everyone just made that assumption.

Edited by robbalvey

There has been so much mis-information floating around that it's kind of confusing.

Yeah, what makes it even worse is that all of the "good" information is buried in stuff like Facebook comment threads which makes it very difficult to find.

Also - I thought "Impulse" was a good name for a launched coaster, and I think that combined with the Zierer tie-in with Wicked, everyone just made that assumption.

The name is throwing me a bit, too, for the same reason: "Impulse" suggests "launched coaster." I wonder what the equivalent would be for a chain lift? "Dragged"? "Towed"?

I understand that the NoLimits concept art is in fact concept art, but the layout made it look like it was a Tower Launch coaster. There's just a huge length of straight track before the big vertical hill - why would they do that if it had a lift hill?

EDIT: Well, I feel like a massive idiot then.

If this is indeed the exact layout they are getting, it does seem really really weird with the long straight track. Its like thy designed the coaster and then wanted to cut costs... And coupeled with the name, I really feel like they either want to surprise us with the launch element, or something changed. But then why keep the obviously launched inspired name? This is all really odd.

And to add what Robb is saying, with no actual press release. Just this haphazard, weird half announcement with NO info. And we have to ask questions on Facebook and Twitter just to get normal stats that would have been included in a regular press release.

I don't remember, but how have they announced rides in the past? I think its on par with bad info...

I think the 4th Generating is having a bit of trouble...

And to add what Robb is saying, with no actual press release. Just this haphazard, weird half announcement with NO info. And we have to ask questions on Facebook and Twitter just to get normal stats that would have been included in a regular press release.

I don't remember, but how have they announced rides in the past?

The park has never been at the forefront of public relations or social media. Sometimes they announced additions at enthusiast events.

The Looper was first mentioned at a Spring event

Flying Turns was first announced at PPP

I think the first mention of Kozmos Kurves popped up in a local newspaper article

Black Diamond news was leaked by Morey Piers before a press release was issued month later

Stratosphere was teased on their website

But in the end I don't see it as a big deal. Knoebels doesn't need the social media hype, they do fine without it. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the locals haven't discovered the internet yet.

Edited by larrygator

I don't remember, but how have they announced rides in the past?

The park has never been at the forefront of public relations or social media. Sometimes they announced additions at enthusiast events.

The Looper was first mentioned at a Spring event

Flying Turns was first announced at PPP

I think the first mention of Kozmos Kurves popped up in a local newspaper article

Black Diamond news was leaked by Morey Piers before a press release was issued month later

Stratosphere was teased on their website

Marketing aside, it seems like something happened with the coaster. Totally 100% just a theory, but the name and layout seem to contradict what we're being told. But it can also simply be my opinion and nothing happened, lol