TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

How does the clue of visiting 3 states lead to Zierer?

I was just thinking about that, honestly. There are three different kinds of vertical lift/drop coasters in the US - you have Fahrenheit at Hersheypark, several Euro-fighters, and Wicked.

Knoebels just posted this to their Facebook page hinting about their new for 2015 coaster. Is it a Zierer???

How does the clue of visiting 3 states lead to Zierer?

The only thing I could think of was that they visited and rode 3 of the more "adult" coasters from Zierer. The problem with that theory? I can only come up with 2 - Wicked and Verbolten. Is there a third one that would fit the bill? Or maybe the 3rd state was to ride a Eurofighter for comparison? Just throwing some ideas out there.

The coaster itself looks like a lot of fun, and the quirky/unique layout is a perfect fit for Knoebels. Looks like a much better choice for an adult steel coaster than their previous one was!

I'm not sure why people are still skeptical about whether or not this is really what they're getting. They came right out and said it. I highly doubt they're just flat out making things up.

People were skeptical because Knoebel's tease post said something to the effect of "look what we found", not "look at what are going to build". People then just starting typing their questions without reading additional comments from the park.

This definitely has me thinking a Zierer vertical launch coaster like wicked. I think the 3 states refers to they just wanted to travel and check out three types of vertical lift coasters currently in the US. You have an Intamin vertical lift, Gerstlauer vertical lift coaster, and a Zierer vertical launch coaster.... one could pick PA, one of the slew of the states with eurofighters, and Utah for wicked. Seeing as though wicked is rare i think they made a great choice. Keep in mind they said at least 3 states so they could've visited more than 3 in order to check out more Euro fighters.

Edited by vacoaster09

Might have to head out east next year and ride this. I've never been to Knoebels before and their woodies look great too!

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 10.23.37 AM.png[/attachment]

LOL, people are idiots!

I am very excited to go back here, let alone to ride this new coaster!

This definitely has me thinking a Zierer vertical launch coaster like wicked. I think the 3 states refers to they just wanted to travel and check out three types of vertical lift coasters currently in the US. You have an Intamin vertical lift, Gerstlauer vertical lift coaster, and a Zierer vertical launch coaster.... one could pick PA, one of the slew of the states with eurofighters, and Utah for wicked. Seeing as though wicked is rare i think they made a great choice. Keep in mind they said at least 3 states so they could've visited more than 3 in order to check out more Euro fighters.

^theres mauer sohn too

Just for consistency's sake (and for the thread description link), I'll do a quick roundup of confirmed info:

Name: Impulse

Location: Near the gift shop and Giant Wheel, replacing the Bumper Boats ride and Boat Tag game

Manufacturer / Model: Zierer / Tower Launch Coaster

Height: 98 feet at highest point

Knoebels website: http://www.knoebels.com

Knoebels Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knoebels-Amusement-Resort/207828210550

Knoebels Twitter:

Edited by A.J.

^theres mauer sohn too

Corrected: Definitely a Zierer vertical launch coaster like wicked. I think the 3 states refers that they just wanted to travel and check out three types of vertical lift coasters currently in the US outside of PA (which has the Intamin vertical lift) .Gerstlauer vertical lift coaster, Mauer Sohne vertical lift. and a Zierer vertical launch coaster.... one could pick any of the slew of the states with eurofighters, Orlando for Hollywood Rip Ride RockIt, and Utah for wicked. Seeing as though wicked is rare i think they made a great choice. Keep in mind they said at least 3 states so they could've visited more than 3 in order to check out more Euro fighters.

P.S. I like the name Impulse.... it goes with the vertical launch!

can anyone provide a google aerial of where in the park this will go?

Edited by vacoaster09

I have to say the more I think about this, the more I love it. They're replacing some pretty terrible bumper boats and boat tag which seemed pretty unpopular. Both rides were seasonal and were closed during the Covered Bridge festival. I rode the Bumper Boats once and was underwhelmed and I never even bothered with Boat Tag.

I would think you'll probably enter the queue right near where the bumper boat entrance is now near the Skyride so it won't interfere with the layout of the Covered Bridge festival. That's really the only option that makes sense and the rendering seems to back that idea up as they'll probably want the main lift near the road so guests can get a good view of the rides signature elements.