TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

A 400lb weight limit for the train...

Does that result into the fact that heavier people can forget to ride this rightaway?

From the pic posted it looks like a scale at each gate so I am hoping that is a per "car" rule. If not they would never be able to fill a 3 car train with under 400 unless they were all kids.Plus from the shape and size of the car, I think it might be kinda hard for someone of a really "large" stature to even get in and out.

Can someone comfirm whether it opened on the 4th or the 5th? The timezone difference is confusing me, and RCDB still says it's under construction (Bet you there, Duane ).

Also, I checked the Facebook page - The 400 weight limit is per car, not per train.

EDIT: Obviously, the above comment was a joke, since Duane Marden is almost always very quick (and accurate). And Robb, I know how time-zones work. You may not realize this, but when me, knoebels and this forum are all in different time zones, it can be difficult to tell what date it was when it opened.

Edited by Ultimate

Can someone comfirm whether it opened on the 4th or the 5th? The timezone difference is confusing me, and RCDB still says it's under construction (Bet you there, Duane ).

Then you must be pretty dumb. Seriously? You can't figure out how time zones work??? And you're complaining that Duane wasn't updating his website THE EXACT SECOND THE ROLLER COASTER OPENED OMG!?!?!?

Get off our website, kid. You don't belong here.

Edited by robbalvey

Now Orphan Rocker needs to open!

This would mean the return of C'thulu and the beginning of the End Times!

It's good to hear that people are enjoying Flying Turns. While it may not be "top ten" material, the ride is unique, and I'm glad the park finally got it going.

Now Orphan Rocker needs to open!

This would mean the return of C'thulu and the beginning of the End Times!

It's good to hear that people are enjoying Flying Turns. While it may not be "top ten" material, the ride is unique, and I'm glad the park finally got it going.

My sentiments on both counts!

It was a very brave project to resurrect a ride which hasn't existed for several decades, and I'm delighted that Knoebels' time and effort has been rewarded.

The Covered Bridge Festival is this weekend. It 's a big draw.

I know...I live in the area...I've never seen traffic like this other than when the local high school football team has a home game. I've gone this way to the park hundreds of times including covered bridge/PPP days.