TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

We will definitely go with another food option the next time we visit. We lost at least one full hour standing in line and eating Cesari's and being that we didn't arrive at the park until 6:00 PM (yes, we had planned on arriving earlier), we lost valuable ride time waiting for (& eating) mediocre pizza slices.

And that was around 8:30 at night so I couldn't even imagine what the wait must have been like between 5-7 PM!?!

This is why I always avoid Cesari's at PPP. I really like the pizza, WHEN they're not busy. It seems when they get busy, they pull the pies early, and the crust is soggy, and the cheese barely melted.

^One thing that was kind of a bummer was that my partner ordered two slices and they gave them to him stacked one on top of another. So when he removed the one, the cheese stuck to the bottom of the top plate. He was going to take it back, but didn't want to have to wait another 30 minutes for a new slice!

Not really a fan of Cesari's, though at least it isn't some variety of (sub)standard cafeteria pizza.

Can't believe I forgot to get birch beer the last time I was at Knoebels. I thought I didn't like root beer until I tried birch beer and realized that the two are much alike.

Cesari's Pizza never really surprised me until I had the white broccoli. My god, it was good! I also had the BBQ Chicken, which was extremely saucy and wasn't too good.

About the white birch beer, it's not really something exclusive to Knoebels. Hersheypark sells it at the Spring Creek Smokehouse. It tastes good, but is extremely annoying to fill up as it is very bubbly.

My mom has gotten pizza from Cesari's and said that it was similar to what we usually have at home and that it wasn't worth the 20 minute wait.

Usually I go to the International food court to get a meal. I switch between Kielbasa, Alligator bites, potato cakes, or a quesadilla. I have never had the problem at the food court except for deciding what I want to eat because of all the options.

^^I had one slice of pepperoni and one BBQ chicken pizza and agree that the BBQ was a bit too saucy for my tastes.

^ I will definitely be hitting up the International food court the next time we go there. We debated on going there and decided to go with Cesari's - big mistake.

I think that Knoebels does a very good job with standard "park" food, and I enjoy hitting some of the more unusual items at the food stands. But I think the Golden Ticket Awards need two categories now: one for "park" food and another for "dining." It really is silly that Epcot loses out in the "food" category to parks like Knoebels.

But let me reiterate that I do enjoy eating my way around Knoebels--it just can't compare to dinner and lunch at Epcot (particularly in the World Showcase).

Totally agree. The food is really good for park food, and they have one of the best varieties of food around. That being said, I would pick Epcot over other parks food.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I hope all goes well and it is still running next year.

Agreed. Otherwise it will be time to revive that "biggest coaster fail since Son Of Beast" thread!

Seriously, though, I hope all goes well and it's a huge success for the park.

Flying Turns apparently has been certified and spent today cycling private guests of the park. The long national nightmare is over, peeps. Probably as soon as tomorrow, Flying Turns is open to the public.

If it does indeed open this weekend, I'll have to see about making a special trip to check it out next weekend since I have off (would rather be at BGW and KD instead of ACEr Fest this year). I was starting to wonder if anyone has heard of it possibly opening this weekend. Hoping for the best!

I'm braving the crowds this weekend. I was going anyway to see some friends who I haven't seen all year, but I'm guessing the line will be a few hours long just like Black Diamond was when they opened that during PPP a couple years ago.