TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Heading up to Knoebels for the first time, anyone have suggestions on a good hotel. They all look god when you go to book them, but I can't trust sites like tripadvisor because I don't know what's real or not. Anyone have first hand experience?

With any luck the coaster might be open for August (crosses fingers). I really hope it does open soon, a new spin on a coaster concept created in the 1920s - 1930s.

August of 2030, maybe!

Heading up to Knoebels for the first time, anyone have suggestions on a good hotel. They all look god when you go to book them, but I can't trust sites like tripadvisor because I don't know what's real or not. Anyone have first hand experience?

The Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg was really nice. It a bit to the east of the park along I-80. I think we used tripadvisor when we stayed there.

Let me throw in my recommendation for the Danville Red Roof as well, especially since there is a Friendly's right next to it in case breakfast at the park isn't your thing. Although, if you do end up spending a lot of time in the room as I did last time I visited, their Wi-fi can be a bit difficult at times.

Let me throw in my recommendation for the Danville Red Roof as well, especially since there is a Friendly's right next to it in case breakfast at the park isn't your thing.

Breakfast at Knoebels is one of the highlights. mmmmm! French Toast

Both times i've gone for more than one day, i've stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Danville PA, it's about 15min from the park and is rather cheap for some good rooms.

There's three hotels right off of I-80 which are roughly a half hour away from the park. I'd avoid the Econo Lodge, but the other two are nice. One is up by Walmart/Lowe's and the other is right across from the TA truck stop.

My last visit I stayed at the Danville Super 8 which was very nice and also decent priced. I also heard good things about Red Roof Inn.

I do not recommend staying at the Days Inn but you must take the time to check out their "nightclub" it's incredible

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a couple years back, I forgot exactly where but it was across the road from a half-dead mall. The hotel was great; clean, quiet, very friendly. Little pricier than some of the other options in the area if I remember right though.

Another vote for the Red Roof in Danville. I stayed there last weekend, and it's been refurbished since my 2008 visit (not that there was anything wrong with it then; it was just a little old). I've also stayed at the Days Inn in Danville, which is very nice and has a few more amenities, including a pool and exercise room.