TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

This is very sad to see. Knoebels has a lot of work ahead of them, but I have no doubt they'll get it all done. I've been to this park every year (but this year ) since the year I was born. I was spotting the debris and trying to figure out where it all belonged.

On a more personal note: My family's summer cabin that's been around since the 1930s is about 15 minutes or so from Knoebels. We are very concerned about if it's still standing. The roads are all still closed up there so no one can get out to check on it. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

On a more personal note: My family's summer cabin that's been around since the 1930s is about 15 minutes or so from Knoebels. We are very concerned about if it's still standing. The roads are all still closed up there so no one can get out to check on it. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed also....hope you hear that everything is fine.

Thanks so much! We'll probably find out more in the next couple days.

Yikes! The train was one of the highlights of the day for me when I visited in August. Definitely not nice to see that. Knowing Knoebels though, I'm sure they'll get everything going again once the flooding clears up.

Yikes! The train was one of the highlights of the day for me when I visited in August. Definitely not nice to see that. Knowing Knoebels though, I'm sure they'll get everything going again once the flooding clears up.

Keep in mind that the train they pictured was not the Pioneer Train but the Ole Smokey train. The Pioneer Train could very well be damaged as well, but they haven't released any photos of it. Same goes with Phoenix, Twister, Flying Turns, and Black Diamond.

Knoebels is a class act (in case you didn't already know).

Just posted on their FB page:

So many of you have volunteered your time and your money. How can we thank you? Right now with staff, help from suppliers, and neighbors & friends, we have enough people. As for money, 10s of thousands of people have had their homes devastated. These are our guests, help them. Then when we reopen, visit us to show your support. We love all of you.

Knoebels is doing an amazing job getting cleaned up after the flood! They still have a lot of work to do, but it's definitely looking better.

On a positive personal note: My family's cabin is still standing. The swing and the chairs and everything outside is all gone, but the building is still there. There was possibly water inside. We'll find out more when my aunt and uncle go up there next week.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/09/knoebels_amusement_park_expect.html

From the Harrisburg Patriot Times

By JOHN BEAUGE, The Patriot-News

ELYSBURG — Despite serious flood damage, Knoebels Amusement Park hopes to have most of its facilities open this weekend.

“It was really bad,” spokesman Joseph Muscato said about the flood. “It was worse than 1972. Parts of the park had never had water before. Buildings were moved.”

The cleanup started as soon as the water from Roaring Creek and Mugser’s Run receded, he said. Motors were under water so each ride is being thoroughly inspected before being reopened, he said.

The roller coasters, including the Phoenix, are fine but other rides were damaged, he said. Temporary repairs are being made to damaged roads and walkways, Muscato said.

Plans are to post on the park’s website -- www.knoebels.com -- a list of rides that will be available this weekend, he said.

"OH MY GOD! That was horrible with the flooding that hit this park!"

Yes, it was, and I was at that park last month and wasn't thinking whether or not another flood was gonna hit (and if another did, it probably won't happen until many, many years from now). And to see the aftermath of the flood was heart-breaking ( especially seeing what happened to poor ole Smokey - that looks like it'll never run again).

I tried to visit the website to see what rides will be running; alas, they won't be having a list out until Wednesday. I'm hoping that the flood didn't damage a few of my favorite rides to the point that they won't be running again.

"It may look like I'm smiling, but there are tears on my pillow."

^^Kudo's to Knoebels...after seeing the damage in the photos, I figured it would be next spring at the earliest. What a great job and how awesome that they kept all of their fans up to date with photos and the latest news!

You rock, Knoebels...can't wait to go back next year!

This is the email I got today for anyone interested.............

Many of you will have heard that we suffered severe flooding from Tropical Storm Lee. This flood even exceeded the historic Agnes flood of 1972. We are proud to announce that we have worked very hard and we are ready to re-open!

We WILL reopen Saturday, September 17.

Saturday Noon - 8:00pm

Sunday: Noon - 7:00pm

The following rides will be open (we hope to add others as we get closer to the weekend)

1001 Nacht

Antique Cars

Balloon Race

Spanish Bambini

Boat Tag

Cosmotron

Cub Cars

Fandango

Flume

Flyers

Flying Tigers

Galleon

Giant Wheel

Kiddie Hand Cars

Kiddie Boats

Kiddie Firetrucks

Kiddie Whip

Kozmo's Kurves

Looper

Merry Mixer

Grand Carousel

Motor Boats

Paradrop

Paratrooper

Phoenix

Pioneer Train

Power Surge

Rockin' Tug

RotoJets

Roundup

Scenic Skyway

Sklooosh

Sky Fighters

Tilt A Whirl

Twister

Whipper

WipeOut

Most Gift Shops, Games and Food Stands will open.

Special Pay-One_Price Plans Saturday noon - 8pm, Sunday noon - 7pm

$20.00 . . . $24.00 with wooden coasters

Under 48" tall

$12.00 . . . $15 with wooden coasters

Haunted Mansion, Scenic Skyway not included in POP plans

Ride Tickets are good any day