TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Honeymoon Parks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Kennywood has at least 3 darkrides, as well as some one-of-a-kind flats. Plus they usually have discount coupons/tickets in the local supermarkets. Good luck finding the park on your first visit though!!

Otherwise, for the same price as a full day theme park ticket you can have a day at Knoebels and then stop by Hershey for the after 5pm ticket. The first time I went there I was able to hit all 10 coasters and all the flats I wanted easily in the time from 5-close.

If you go to Knoebels you'll have to drive by Hershey anyway...just sayin

-Don

Hersheypark was fun for me and i haven't been to the other parks so i can't say anything about that but i had a blast. It also depends on if you guys are really fans of the flat rides because if your not go to hersheypark but if you are go to the parks. Also the Hersheypark lines when i went had short lines for some but not any were over 30 minues. The Stormrunner is a must hit coaster it was fun and i had a blast and the line wasn't that hard. If i were you would go to Hersheypark if you really like rollercoasters but if you like flat rides just as much or more go to the other parks as i said before. Hersheypark is my choice.

And for my choice as your 10th coaster i would hit Kingdaka, Superman Ultimate Flight, El Toro, Medusa, or Nitro there the best rides at the park i think.

Yeah I hope the rides won't be to bad. We are going at the end of August during the week. That was a great idea about Knoebels and the going to Hershey after 5pm but we don't wanna be rushed. We want to have time to enjoy all the parks. Now I'm way conflicted about Hershey and Kennywood. We could hit both.... what would the pro's and con's of each be?

P.S. I found a promotional video on Kennywoods website that was a big help... does Hershey have anything like that?

It's really up to you, I mean you said you didn't want to be rushed at your park visits, so you might end up sacrificing a park or two. Just remember that it's not the end of the world if you don't get to one of the parks, especially Kennywood since you're going to want time to see everything.

P.s. Goodluck and I wish you a happy marriage...

I find that even large parks like Disney you end up repeating stuff after the first day. I like to sample a lot of stuff and if the lines are too long, save it for the next visit years later.

Case in point-when I took my girlfriend to Disneyland, we missed Splash Mountain the year it opened because the line was a couple of hours. When I took her (now my wife) and 11 year old child in 2004, we got the fastpass and rode Pirates and Haunted while we were waiting for our window.

I guess I'm trying to say-catch the highlights of as many places as you can-but that's my point of view-I usually end up negotiating with my wife!