TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention all Geocachers!!

jumbach

This is why you don't place caches near banks or federal offices.

(From http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060119/NEWS18/601190363):

Tupperware ignites bomb scare at Reno bank

Reno Gazette-Journal

STAFF REPORT

Posted: 1/19/2006

A Tupperware container suspected of being an explosive device led to the evacuation of a Reno bank and Internal Revenue Services Office this morning, Reno police said.

Officials at Wells Fargo bank, 200 South Virginia Street, just before 9 a.m. noticed a green container outside the building they believed could be a bomb. The building was evacuated and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms called, said Reno police Lt. Ron Donnelly.

The consolidated Bomb Unit also arrived at the scene and dismantled the container, which was empty, Donnelly said.

An IRS office in the building also was evacuated for about an hour, he said, and traffic had been diverted in the area.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaha, wow times really are changing, was it truly a Geocache, as that would be my guess, I have only found one in my life, and i didn't even use my GPS, as i do not know how to use it... haha thats pretty funny though.

Yes, it was, based on a radio report that described it as containing "a pencil, notepad, and various other small items."

I've found 40 or so, and have hidden four, two of which are still active.