TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

More $15 Six Flags Parking! SFMM, SFA, and SFEG

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Six Flags isn't selling Elitch's! (Im actually surprised!)

Probably not a fair assumption - it could still be on the market, yet they are trying to milk what they can until it sells

2. Smaller lines

If people don't want to go b/c parking increased $5, fine, keep 'em out since that mentality would probably translate to a low per-cap.

Well we know what this means!

1. Six Flags isn't selling Elitch's! (Im actually surprised!)

2. Smaller lines

Did anyone else notice that Elitch's is now MORE expensive then Cedar Point general day admission?

And yet it is like a 40th of the size... I don't know what the new management is thinking... No one will pay these sort of gate prices... A football game maybe but this is there every day...

BTW did anyone else notice that the policy for reentry hasn't shown up on the sites again? If I can't exit and reenter at this price this is pretty nuts... I'm pretty pissed about this because I had a hard enough time getting friends to go as Elitches isn't exactly thrill central. There is no way they will go now... Guess I gotta make friends on these boards...

Yea, you do... indirectly. Just like you pay for cokes and sunscreen at Holiday World... indirectly. Or the Coke corporation's taxes... indirectly.

There are some parks out there that don't jack up prices to compensate. Knoebel's and Lakemont come to mind...I'd be amazed if Lakemont makes any kind of profit since they charge only $7.50 for an all-day wristband.

If Six Flags really wants to turn their company around, they need to start with good customer service and better training. Unfortunately, the corporate mentality only looks at dollar signs and not good will created.

It is really sad when a multi-billion dollar company like Six Flags has forgotten what their company was all about: to entertain people and not rake them over the coals.

Give me Holiday World any day over Six Flags.

Ok, now I'm DEFINITELY bugging my husband (he's the one that drives) to get an xtreme Play Pass. $15 for parking is beyond ridiculous, and I'm not resorting to parking off-site again.

I can't believe they did this. But then again, as my husband said this morning, "That's Dan Snyder for you..."

-Amanda

I really am beginning to wonder how much this is going to hurt Six Flags, or if it will end up helping them?

Of course, in the case of Elitch Gardens, you can go park somewhere else and take the trolley/light rail to the front gate.

As for the others, is there any place nearby you can park and walk? IIRC, at SFMM you can park on Magic Mountain Parkway, but it's quite a hike (you have to cross under the freeway, then walk a bit more)

I think it's funny that parks charge for parking AT ALL. Wait, could you imagine paying to park at a shopping mall? The movie theater? Thanks GAWD I don't drive.

EXACTLY. You're already paying to get in, so why pay to park, too?

The college I went to charged for parking, but you know what? I just parked on the street outside campus and walked a block. Heh heh.